Item Ids and not being able to craft some things

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Reebis

Item Ids and not being able to craft some things

Post by Reebis »

I am currently using a mod that allows me to spawn items in game to make everything much easier, when i open your BTW-config text doc and scroll down to the ids, the block ids and item ids conflict, obviously they do not in game because your mod works wonderfully =) i was just wondering if i could find out the item ids (the block ids seem to be the correct ones). Its probably really simple and im just a moron.

Second it wont let me craft the bbq or grill in game, i can spawn it but when i go to make it in the crafting table it wont show up, this isnt as important to me tho. (three nether rock uptop, then two cobble stone down each side and a redstone or flint in middle and the other down in the last block)
also i cannot make a water wheel, so its quite difficult to make hemp strands for anything usefull.

Thanks for any help in advance.
darahalian

Re: Item Ids and not being able to craft some things

Post by darahalian »

Many of the recipes for the mod have been changed. Check durandir's recipe list (link on the wiki, Evolution zero's list is outdated) or the OP of the Better than Wolves thread on MCF for up-to-date recipes. The recipe you described now uses smooth stone instead of cobble stone. Also, the block IDs and item IDs don't conflict because 256 is added to the item ID numbers you see in the config when the game is loaded. So if you want to know what a number in the config for an item would be in the game, just add 256 to it. Block IDs aren't changed though, so you are correct there.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Reebis

Post by Reebis »

darahalian wrote:Many of the recipes for the mod have been changed. Check durandir's recipe list (link on the wiki, Evolution zero's list is outdated) or the OP of the Better than Wolves thread on MCF for up-to-date recipes. The recipe you described now uses smooth stone instead of cobble stone. Also, the block IDs and item IDs don't conflict because 256 is added to the item ID numbers you see in the config when the game is loaded. So if you want to know what a number in the config for an item would be in the game, just add 256 to it. Block IDs aren't changed though, so you are correct there.

The new recipes work fantastic thank you, but i added 256 to the item ids and it still says item not found (ex. water wheel, item id number is: 236, so i tried 236, 492, 256236, 236256 nothing seems to work, i must be messing something up? or just don't understand)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

492 would be the correct number. I don't know why it wouldn't be working, though. What are you using to spawn items? Using Single Player Commands, typing 'give 492' put a waterwheel item in my inventory. Did putting 236 give you an obsidian detector rail, or did it just say it couldn't find it? If all else fails, you can just use TooManyItems for the same purpose of getting items.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Reebis

Post by Reebis »

it works now, minecraft crashed and i had to reload all the mods and that seemed to fix it, thanks alot for you help =)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

No problem.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Solved, and closed :)