What NOT to do when playing Better Than Wolves...

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
scout37

What NOT to do when playing Better Than Wolves...

Post by scout37 »

For the week and a half or so i played BTW before mc got updated again, ive been able to find quite a few things of what NOT to do.

1. Dont turn up the speakers before placing netherrack into 10 different grinders

2. Don't forget to power the hopper if you plan on placing a dozen stacks of that netherrack you just ground in it with a soul sand filter.

3. Don't try and feed all your dogs wolfchops. They apparently dont like the way their mom and dad taste.

4. Don't forget to take out the 5 stacks of food your cooking in the stewing pot before you decide to tan leather in it.

5. Don't stoke a hibachi when yout trying to make glue when your smithing room is in your house made 100% of wood

6. Don't accidently throw a stick of dynamite too close a massive pack of wolves.

7. Don't try to beat a wolf with a stick to get it to blow its ding out. Not only does it not work, but other wolves dont like to see it. If you survive, however, you get some nice new yummy wolfchops. Just remember #3 and #4

8. Never, and i mean NEVER, mistake the recipe for Soulforged steel by thinking it requires hellfire dust.

Feel free to post your own do-nots. :D
Living has been the #1 cause of death since time began.
HavokSCOUT

Re: What NOT to do when playing Better Than Wolves...

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Wow. Sounds like you've had an interesting time. O_o
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

scout37 wrote: 7. Don't try to beat a wolf with a stick to get it to blow its ding out. Not only does it not work, but other wolves dont like to see it. If you survive, however, you get some nice new yummy wolfchops. Just remember #3 and #4
so you're saying you tried to
*pust on sunglasses*
beat the shit out of it?

YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!
scout37

Post by scout37 »

Lol, yes. It disapointed me by not giving me any dung for a half hour, despite being fed a stack of roten flesh and locked in a dark room. ALso, i forgot to include:

11. Try not to think of your massive underground hemp farm as a hydroponic Marrijuana facility, because that realy what it is (well almost. Hemp ( also known as cannibus sativa is a very close relative to Cannibus which is marijuana. Again, try not to look at it that way.
Living has been the #1 cause of death since time began.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

scout37 wrote:Lol, yes. It disapointed me by not giving me any dung for a half hour, despite being fed a stack of roten flesh and locked in a dark room. ALso, i forgot to include:

11. Try not to think of your massive underground hemp farm as a hydroponic Marrijuana facility, because that realy what it is (well almost. Hemp ( also known as cannibus sativa is a very close relative to Cannibus which is marijuana. Again, try not to look at it that way.
the hemp in better than wolves is SO much easier to grow than the real stuff ;)

:edit: not that i'd know... >.>
And HOW!
Rvanbergen

Post by Rvanbergen »

scout37 wrote:8. Never, and i mean NEVER, mistake the recipe for Soulforged steel by thinking it requires hellfire dust.
Why? What happens?
Now Officially in the Third Tier! Yes! Finaly found a wolf!
-----
Experience is knowing what not to do.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Rvanbergen wrote:
scout37 wrote:8. Never, and i mean NEVER, mistake the recipe for Soulforged steel by thinking it requires hellfire dust.
Why? What happens?
You know what that guy from brainiacs says, right?
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Poppycocks wrote:
Rvanbergen wrote:
Why? What happens?
101 uses for a wee! ?
right! you! out of my pub! ?
I can do science me. ?

unless there's another "Brainiacs" that exists :P
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

12. Don't spend 3 hours designing an automated kiln that relies on water without testing everything beforehand and realize that you built it in a buggy direction.
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:
Rvanbergen wrote:
Why? What happens?
101 uses for a wee! ?
right! you! out of my pub! ?
I can do science me. ?

unless there's another "Brainiacs" that exists :P
"EXPLOSION"

Also:

13. Don't mistake fired soul urns with filled soul urns, don't open doors with a filled soul urn in hand.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Hmm... Literally beating the shit out of them with a haft may be the answer to accelerated dung production we've been waiting for. It'd be a bit hard on the poor canine, to be sure.

Another one for the list. Don't read architecture journals while playing with the various forms of wood and stone siding. You end up wanting to build absolutely everything.
Better is the enemy of Good
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

On the contrary, reading architectural journals while playing minecraft is a great way to spend a saturday.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Not when you don't have a design theme already in mind and wind up trying to start ten projects at once.
Better is the enemy of Good
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Dont use the wedge terrain gen with max craziness expecting to do anything with BTW in it yet still trying anyways.....
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:
scout37 wrote:Lol, yes. It disapointed me by not giving me any dung for a half hour, despite being fed a stack of roten flesh and locked in a dark room. ALso, i forgot to include:

the hemp in better than wolves is SO much easier to grow than the real stuff ;)

:edit: not that i'd know... >.>
are you sure about it ?
xD
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Gargantuan_Penguin

Donzaffi wrote: are you sure about it ? xD

At the very least it takes longer to grow hemp irl than in BTW. same with wheat and everything else. the conditions for growing it are similar at least. from what I've read, and heard from friends... I am going to stop before I get myself put on some sort of watch list -.-
And HOW!
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

At the very least it takes longer to grow hemp irl than in BTW. same with wheat and everything else. the conditions for growing it are similar at least. from what I've read, and heard from friends... I am going to stop before I get myself put on some sort of watch list -.-
Technical hemp grows surprisingly fast even in atrocious conditions. 4,5 meters withing 110 days, which can mean 9 meters in a year if you plan it right and get good weather. It's a nifty plant, the textile is strong and has great heat insulating properties, the seeds burn well, but also make for good food, you can even make ice cream out of hemp milk, which I hear is a truly delicious desert as you get all that refreshing smooth texture without the dairy taste.

Too bad it's mostly banned because of its cousin. India hemp grows just a bit slower, but you can still get good three meters withing 150 days. Then again, that's not really so important, as it's better to have smaller, well groomed plants because... errrr... I guess I'll just shut up now.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

watchlist ^^
in spain its legal to plant it for youself, but no guys i don't smoke it ;) I get parts of it to make ropes of it

but to topic,
Never play with water in a room with a saw
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Gargantuan_Penguin

heh. you lucky Spaniard.

also, don't build an under desert base and then put hellfire in a stoked cauldron or crucible. not only do you explode but sand drops down on your base.
And HOW!
Gainspipr

Post by Gainspipr »

Also Dont try to repeatedly Power Soulforged Steel Blocks while Grinding Lots of Netherrack
La la dun wan herp derp
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

You poor bastard.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.