Wolfey Pooping

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
grimper12341

Wolfey Pooping

Post by grimper12341 »

So I got this um..totally crazy friend of mine who likes to keep his wolfeys in the light and on soft cushions of wool. But he's got 20 of them and the dung output is pretty meh to say the least even when he's constantly collecting pork chops for them. And also with all those wolfeys friendly mob spawns are way down and there's no cool Mo' Creatures mobs frolicking about near his base :(

So he um, asked me to put this idea up here (coz he's scared of flower), about how maybe the dung output for wolfeys in the light could be increased just a bit? :3

Of course the guy is a total nutter, wolves suck so much I hate them. But maybe we could humor him <.<
Battosay

Re: Wolfey Pooping

Post by Battosay »

Dung production is increased in the dark, and that's intended, so it's not gonna change.
Tell your friend that it's time to lock up his puppies in a dark room, suspended in the air above a water stream, and fed them using machines :)
That's the best use there is for wolves ;)
Berhemoth

Post by Berhemoth »

finaly i found s***
i found it in forest while i was building
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Battosay wrote:Dung production is increased in the dark, and that's intended, so it's not gonna change.
Yeh I know it's intended, and that can still be the case. Just maybe increase the in-light production a little bit, definitely doesn't need to be matched with in-dark production.
And of course if a change like this were implemented, my friend would have to....dispose...of some of his wolfeys <.<

Oh and iirc in-dark production gets a 4x boost, so maybe give in-light a 2x boost. It's still half what putting them in the dark would get, but would enable my friend to clear out some of the wolfeys.
Battosay wrote: Tell your friend that it's time to lock up his puppies in a dark room, suspended in the air above a water stream, and fed them using machines :)
Also he already has a setup like that but dung production is still very low even with 20 wolfeys >.<
Ish a pain to keep the dispensers stocked too.

EDIT:
This be the setup
Had to lower the whole thing 5 blocks which is why the high ceiling...stupid wolfeys were teleporting through the roof up to the surface when he got attacked.

I think everyone can agree that's far too many wolfeys and the poop rate should be increased so he can get rid of some.
Last edited by grimper12341 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

Dung is intended to be some kind of bottleneck so i wouldn't count on FC changing that.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Just tell him to get rid of all the torches, and it should work MUCH better.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

darahalian wrote:Just tell him to get rid of all the torches, and it should work MUCH better.
OHHH, and dont forget to put an opaque roof on it!! In all... reduce all light input!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wow. This is an odd one. From what I can tell, this boils down to:

"I don't want to increase my dung output so can you increase my dung output so I don't have to increase my dung output?"

I also can not fathom what he's using all the dung for. I currently have 4 wolves locked in the dark being occasionally fed and they produce way more dung than I know what to do with (I've actually turned off the feeding valve on my factory farm completely and am redirecting all the meat to rendering at the moment).

That's the equivalent of 8 wolves in the light, so he effectively has 2.5X the dung output that I currently do with his 20 wolves.

Is he decorating his home with bellows or something?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Although I don't have many visitors in my single player world :P, I would personally use any excess dung I have to cook with meat to get the "bad food" to serve my guests, then yell:

GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :P
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FaceFoiled wrote:-SNIP-
GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :P

MARTHA... FETCH MAH SHOTGUN, THEM DAMN RABBITS ARE BACK AT IT AGAIN!!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO