I found an Iron Vain!!!!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

I found an Iron Vain!!!!

Post by Panda »

So most of you reading this are probably going "So what i found a million?". But my dear friends i am taking about in real life!!

So i was exploring the beach at my bosses house fossil hunting, he cool and lets me C:
Spoiler
Show
Then when picking (pick for fossils) through a shall wall i kept finding these rocks that were shiny and smoth on one part and rusty and course on the other.
Spoiler
Show
And also kept Finding Coal!!!!
Spoiler
Show
I brought then up and showed my boss and he goes "Panda, thats iron ore...?" (everyone calls me that btw...)

o.O

Im such a good little miner!!! ive found over 60 iron ores so far =]

This is soo cool.....
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: I found an Iron Vain!!!!

Post by FlowerChild »

Now you just have to siphon off your boss's soul, and you're set :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:Now you just have to siphon off your boss's soul, and you're set :)
I like my boss though, hes a funny little jewish guy with poor english....
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote: I like my boss though, hes a funny little jewish guy with poor english....
Progress always comes at a price...
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote: I like my boss though, hes a funny little jewish guy with poor english....
Progress always comes at a price...
C: u silly man you
Never say no to Panda.
badmojo98

Post by badmojo98 »

haha thats cool. nice scenery too. and holy crap, look at all those mussel/clam shells. must be a nice place :)
*nostalgic tear roles down cheek* i miss nature... i need to go fishing
No one would say that what they were doing was complicated. It wouldn't even be considered new, except for maybe in the geological sense. They took from their surroundings what was needed and made of it something more.
- Primer
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

In a similar vein, I'm currently tearing out a patio, putting in a fence, and starting my garden. I refer to this as "Minecraft LARPing" because that convinces me to actually get off the computer and go outside to do it.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I 'Minecraft LARPed' a new fence around my porch yesterday. Felt good.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I tried Minecraft LARPing on a much smaller scale last summer, since I live in a townhouse that I rent. I got all the materials necessary for a few nice little potted plants, and started to grow them. Just a few herbs and flowers. They died. Plants always die with me :(
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I'll be minecraft LARPing a new roof on my parents house in a couple of weeks. I wonder if they'll let me build it out of stairs and half slabs...
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

now its time for you beginn to cut trees with your fist and don't forget to get some lava with a bucket, you could need it too^^
I wonder what your boss say then :D
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Panda

Post by Panda »

I know what you mean about minelarping, i cut down over 50 trees, for firewood, replaced the tin roofs on out barn with greenhouse clear roofing panels, now i got a huge ass green house. I started over 100 seeds, put em in my basement, rat ate em all... caught the rat in a humane cage trap so he was alive C: .... then threw the trap in our pond, restarted all plants. Tilled out a garden 20x20 ft. and yes i imagin im minecraft larping. ohh crap i gotta go get that trap out of the pond...
Never say no to Panda.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Take some of that gravel to turn into sand and flint! ;)
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Zaikantos

Post by Zaikantos »

Panda wrote:I know what you mean about minelarping, i cut down over 50 trees, for firewood, replaced the tin roofs on out barn with greenhouse clear roofing panels, now i got a huge ass green house. I started over 100 seeds, put em in my basement, rat ate em all... caught the rat in a humane cage trap so he was alive C: .... then threw the trap in our pond, restarted all plants. Tilled out a garden 20x20 ft. and yes i imagin im minecraft larping. ohh crap i gotta go get that trap out of the pond...
Wait, you use cage traps that don't kill so you can throw em into a pond?
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Zaikantos wrote:
Panda wrote:I know what you mean about minelarping, i cut down over 50 trees, for firewood, replaced the tin roofs on out barn with greenhouse clear roofing panels, now i got a huge ass green house. I started over 100 seeds, put em in my basement, rat ate em all... caught the rat in a humane cage trap so he was alive C: .... then threw the trap in our pond, restarted all plants. Tilled out a garden 20x20 ft. and yes i imagin im minecraft larping. ohh crap i gotta go get that trap out of the pond...
that way you get to watch them die :creepygusta: and it is actually really hard to find lethal traps. at least where I live.
And HOW!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

@ above

Shotguns.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I do the same thing: I have a non-lethal trap, but I kill anything I catch in it. There *IS* a good reason for this. I have cats that I care about. My neighbors also have pets. Before I kill anything, I want to confirm that it's something that needs to die. Having a live trap lets me sort out the cats from the squirrels before the killing happens.

If anyone has any good ideas how to automate sorting cats from squirrels, I'd like to see a tutorial video.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:
Zaikantos wrote:
that way you get to watch them die :creepygusta: and it is actually really hard to find lethal traps. at least where I live.
Sweet revenge.
Never say no to Panda.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

TheAnarchitect wrote:If anyone has any good ideas how to automate sorting cats from squirrels, I'd like to see a tutorial video.
God damnit, we really need a +1 reputation button somewhere on these forums. Thanks, Anarchitect. Now I have to clean up the soda I spit.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Panda wrote: Sweet revenge.
It's more than that for me. Squirrels eat the tomatoes from my garden. But I have a rule around here, see. The calories from my garden are MINE. I'm gonna get them one way or another. Prepared correctly, squirrel is delicious.

Here's a little IRL tech tree for you: Acorns are actually edible if you soak the tannic acid out of them. This takes repeated boilings, and you make a lot of tannin water as a byproduct. But then you can grind the acorns up in a coffee mill, and get acorn meal. Acorn meal can be substituted for corn meal in most recipes.

The tannin water byproduct? You can use this to tan leather, such as squirrel hides. So I get a nice squirrel and acorn bread dinner, and a new squirrel fur.

So there you go, Flowerchild. Add acorns, tannic acid, and squirrels to the Mod. (Caution: not a real suggestion)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

TheAnarchitect wrote:
Panda wrote: Sweet revenge.
It's more than that for me. Squirrels eat the tomatoes from my garden. But I have a rule around here, see. The calories from my garden are MINE. I'm gonna get them one way or another. Prepared correctly, squirrel is delicious.

Here's a little IRL tech tree for you: Acorns are actually edible if you soak the tannic acid out of them. This takes repeated boilings, and you make a lot of tannin water as a byproduct. But then you can grind the acorns up in a coffee mill, and get acorn meal. Acorn meal can be substituted for corn meal in most recipes.

The tannin water byproduct? You can use this to tan leather, such as squirrel hides. So I get a nice squirrel and acorn bread dinner, and a new squirrel fur.

So there you go, Flowerchild. Add acorns, tannic acid, and squirrels to the Mod. (Caution: not a real suggestion)
Are you nuts?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Poppycocks wrote:Are you nuts?
My kind of nuts! Yummy, yummy squirrels... Well, if you cook them right. Gamey, otherwise.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

morvelaira wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:Are you nuts?
My kind of nuts! Yummy, yummy squirrels... Well, if you cook them right. Gamey, otherwise.
I've seen a great recipe for reverse rat sausage where you remove the gallbladder and simply push the rats intestines into the guts with a finger.

Might work with squirrels too.