Thaumcraft 2 (Released !)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Zhil

Re: Thaumcraft 2 (NOT a troll of ANY kind)

Post by Zhil »

Poppycocks wrote:Yes, he's a fast one, ain't he?
People chiming in on source code stuff when they haven't even looked at it yet is becoming one of my pet peeves :/

I apologize for any upcoming snarky remarks
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

I LOVE TC :P
It's the one part of my forge profile that I refuse to update without :P
and TC2 looks like it will be amazing, especially some of the things not shown in that video:
if you accidentally too much taint, it pretty much converts the surrounding area into an eldritch, lovecraftian hellscape (complete with delicious squishy noises), so you need to either be sparing with your use of magic, or make vis sacrifices to recharge the local aura enough to offset the levels of taint
the necromantic crucible looks like it will be very fun (what's not to like about sucking the souls from innocent villagers and using them to fuel your rise to power?)
the other hyperbollilion (well few thousand) possible seals that direwolf didn't show (6 possible essences, and three slots each seal... om nom nom)

incidentally, the crystals ARE cubes, they're just stretched along a few axes (which fits the taint thing perfectly, it's something we find normal and comfortable, warped and twisted into something strange and unrecognizable).

imagine if TC worked with BTW. I could have an industrial hellscape powered by the souls of the innocents I enslaved. their future generations would worship me as a god and willingly sacrifice themselves before my dark throne in my 255 block high steel tower, forged with the souls of the damned, PIERCING THE HEAVENS, just so they could become a part of my glorious power! ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!
*cough*
hypothetically of course...

(I won't lie, I've been toying with the idea of learning java to see if I could make a patch to let TC and/or EE work with BTW (for personal use of course))
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Calcifire3691 wrote:I LOVE TC :P
and TC2 looks like it will be amazing, especially some of the things not shown in that video:
if you accidentally too much taint, it pretty much converts the surrounding area into an eldritch, lovecraftian hellscape (complete with delicious squishy noises), so you need to either be sparing with your use of magic, or make vis sacrifices to recharge the local aura enough to offset the levels of taint
the necromantic crucible looks like it will be very fun (what's not to like about sucking the souls from innocent villagers and using them to fuel your rise to power?)
the other hyperbollilion (well few thousand) possible seals that direwolf didn't show (6 possible essences, and three slots each seal... om nom nom)

incidentally, the crystals ARE cubes, they're just stretched along a few axes (which fits the taint thing perfectly, it's something we find normal and comfortable, warped and twisted into something strange and unrecognizable).

imagine if TC worked with BTW. I could have an industrial hellscape powered by the souls of the innocents I enslaved. their future generations would worship me as a god and willingly sacrifice themselves before my dark throne in my 255 block high steel tower, forged with the souls of the damned, PIERCING THE HEAVENS, just so they could become a part of my glorious power! ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!
*cough*

(I won't lie, I've been toying with the idea of learning java to see if I could make a patch to let TC and/or EE work with BTW (for personal use of course))
That actually sounds pretty damn cool. Reminds me of a book I've read.
Panda

Post by Panda »

*cough*

If u made a patch, i would ladygasm. Already working on textures for it. : )
Never say no to Panda.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Panda wrote:

*cough*

If u made a patch, i would ladygasm. Already working on textures for it. : )
I'd:
a) need to learn java first :P
and b) need to get permission from both Azanor and FC to release it.
I'd prefer someone else with more (ie. any java) programming experience to do it (I'd hate to cock it up :P)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Why would you want EE with BtW is kinda beyond me though. EE makes 99% of BtW redundant..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Urian

Post by Urian »

Kinda difficult to tell from the videos but it seems like creator is trying to make TC2 fit better into MC rather than just being a mod slapped on at the end of MC. A way to play BTW with
MC2 would be nice, especially since they both allow you to harness souls as fuel for your own personal fun and profit.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Why would you want EE with BtW is kinda beyond me though. EE makes 99% of BtW redundant..
because I don't AFK the game away, and find that the journey is often more fulfilling than the destination.

also, I love skyblock maps :P (and hate insane cobble buildup from BTB)
I mainly use it as an incredibly advanced storage system (I mean, 1 diamond is a few thousand cobble, it's the perfect storage :D)

also, how do you consider it making BTW redundant? because of the RM tools/armour? they're nice, but I like BTW because of the machines you can make, not because steel > diamonds :P
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Because you do not need anything from btw really. Any block/item you could possibly want it is so much faster and easier to just transmute it, no need to farm anything, and ee tools are generally op compared to btw ones, so what does btw give you in terms of practicality? It's like playing with tmi on if you think about it..

But this is offtopic, we're talking thaumcraft here ;]
War..
War never changes.

Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Because you do not need anything from btw really. Any block/item you could possibly want it is so much faster and easier to just transmute it, no need to farm anything, and ee tools are generally op compared to btw ones, so what does btw give you in terms of practicality? It's like playing with tmi on if you think about it..

But this is offtopic, we're talking thaumcraft here ;]
I don't play BTW to be practical, I play it to have fun :P
(and I wouldn't consider it to be like TMI, people always forget that time is an important resource in EE as well, even with an optimal T3 array, it still takes a few minutes to make a single piece of red matter (and just think how much EMC it would take to build that array in the first place))
but yes, we're veering off topic :P

TC also has a duplication feature as well, but it's always at a loss :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: People chiming in on source code stuff when they haven't even looked at it yet is becoming one of my pet peeves :/
Hehe...same. I think you just figured out why I don't like have conversations about technical details on the forums ;)
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...same. I think you just figured out why I don't like have conversations about technical details on the forums ;)
I'm slowly starting to understand :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: I'm slowly starting to understand :)
Hehe...what I'm interested in seeing is how quickly you taking over BTB slowly mutates you from being a helpful, friendly, cheerful individual, into some nasty, bitter creature such as myself ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...what I'm interested in seeing is how quickly you taking over BTB slowly mutates you from being a helpful, friendly, cheerful individual, into some nasty, bitter creature such as myself ;)
Maybe this is why that professor told me I should not be a programmer? Did not want to see lovely little me become bitter?

*tries to think well of idiots*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: Maybe this is why that professor told me I should not be a programmer? Did not want to see lovely little me become bitter?
No, I think he was just an ass :)
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...what I'm interested in seeing is how quickly you taking over BTB slowly mutates you from being a helpful, friendly, cheerful individual, into some nasty, bitter creature such as myself ;)
I put an ocelot on my cheerful disposition. No one is touching it now.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Gilberreke wrote:I put an ocelot on my cheerful disposition. No one is touching it now.
Does that mean your cheerful disposition is stuck in a chest never to be seen again?
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

morvelaira wrote:
Maybe this is why that professor told me I should not be a programmer? Did not want to see lovely little me become bitter?

OH, but you can be bitter and lovely at the same time! I love intelligent, bitter women. Come to think of it, there might be a small correlation between those traits.... Hemingway did say that he rarely met someone who was both intelligent AND happy.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Well the saying does go ignorance is bliss, doesn't it.

EDIT: This thread is now apparently for anything else but Thaumcraft :P
War..
War never changes.

Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

TheAnarchitect wrote:
morvelaira wrote:

OH, but you can be bitter and lovely at the same time! I love intelligent, bitter women. Come to think of it, there might be a small correlation between those traits.... Hemingway did say that he rarely met someone who was both intelligent AND happy.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffablyEvil
indeed *sips tea*
(yep, I linked to TVtropes, see you in a week :D)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
(yep, I linked to TVtropes, see you in a week :D)
Oh... you bastard.
*sips coffee*
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

I think this mod will turn out pretty well at the end. :)
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Eh...I will admit the mod LOOKS cool...but its just not my style....though I would be more willing to try it over EE if I did somehow manage to get bored with BTW (Not gonna happen anytime soon)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It got released!
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Too bad it requires Forge. I will never ever get to try it out.