red stone dust

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Berhemoth

red stone dust

Post by Berhemoth »

i know there is red stone dust with which is problem if you want to do more mechanism conected with this dust so do one or more kind of this maby green and yelow which culd be on one block
and one more sticky red stone dust simply conect dust and glue so it can be placed on wall or roof when removing must be destroyed block
magikeh

Re: red stone dust

Post by magikeh »

Berhemoth wrote:i know there is red stone dust with which is problem if you want to do more mechanism conected with this dust so do one or more kind of this maby green and yelow which culd be on one block
and one more sticky red stone dust simply conect dust and glue so it can be placed on wall or roof when removing must be destroyed block
... ... so you are saying you want to combine the functionality of vertical redstone mod and the colored redstone mod?
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

So, the Redpower mod?
IGN: Camerinthus
CaL

Post by CaL »

The idea of Yellowstone Dust or something similar would be quite nice. But if it was made so that it doesn't interact with redstone at all (allowing them to be placed side by side) then blocks that need Redstone to activate (such as gear boxes, pistons, lights etc) wouldn't be able to function based on that logic. You'll need to make new recipies for them which uses Yellowstone/other colour in the crafting of it instead. Or a Redstone-otherstone converter.

Sticky Redstone sounds good but I think a better recipe would be Redstone Dust + Leather Strap = Redstone Cable. Can be used for verticle aplications and doesn't get washed away by water.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Red stone paste (redstone + glue) sound a like a logical step. vertical repeaters would be nice too but probably over powered
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

CaL wrote:The idea of Yellowstone Dust or something similar would be quite nice. But if it was made so that it doesn't interact with redstone at all (allowing them to be placed side by side) then blocks that need Redstone to activate (such as gear boxes, pistons, lights etc) wouldn't be able to function based on that logic. You'll need to make new recipies for them which uses Yellowstone/other colour in the crafting of it instead. Or a Redstone-otherstone converter.

Sticky Redstone sounds good but I think a better recipe would be Redstone Dust + Leather Strap = Redstone Cable. Can be used for verticle aplications and doesn't get washed away by water.
All that is in the redpower mod too...no point duplicating work that's already been done.
CaL

Post by CaL »

I'll have to go and find the link to it then. I only ever use the BTW and Somnia mods

Edit: Wow, that sort of mod is way out of place alongside BTW. I dunno how hard it would be to implement but simple vertical redstone is more than enough for me. And for Steves current tech level.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

yeah redpower is way over powered and doesn't fit in with the feel of BTW.

I know the lens will fill this gap but it is one or two ages away if I remember correctly. sticky redstone would fill the gap nicely, but the benefit of vertical travel needs to be countered or there would be no reason not to convert all your redstone too it. Have it take two dust to make one sticky dust, or even have it burn out at 10 instead of 15.

OP you might want to rename this thread to be more descriptive, throw a vertical or sticky in the title.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.