Zombies spawn in base during sieges

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Cuchonchuir

Zombies spawn in base during sieges

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I had wondered if this would happen . . . I built a village within the walls of my compound in-game and spawned testificates in via spawn-egg, just to liven the place up a bit.

I am very certain the place was well-lit, with no ways the zombies could have gotten in through the walls - but I just had a massive siege. Fortuantely a battle-axe made short work of them.

But I thought people might want to know - if there's a village, zombies will be in there no matter what.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Zombies spawn in base during sieges

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Cuchonchuir wrote:I had wondered if this would happen . . . I built a village within the walls of my compound in-game and spawned testificates in via spawn-egg, just to liven the place up a bit.

I am very certain the place was well-lit, with no ways the zombies could have gotten in through the walls - but I just had a massive siege. Fortuantely a battle-axe made short work of them.

But I thought people might want to know - if there's a village, zombies will be in there no matter what.
That's what I was afraid of. They don't seem to be attracted to iron doors though :)
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the village and have to battle the zombies occasionally, or just wipe them out, lol. Might be fun, or might get really annoying fast.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Personally, my plan is to build myself a giant castle next to a village, and build the village up like some kind of shanty town.

I will then descend occasionally from said castle to harvest some of the villagers, like some kind of demented Mining Vampire.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

In that case, you could attack at the same time the zombies do!

"Oh thank you, brave hero, for saving my family from those zombies! How can we ever OH GOD NO WHY ARE YOU DISMEMBERING ME! NOT MY CHILDREN! NOOOUUURRKKK!!!!!"
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I actually built most of their houses in shanty-style, complete with "burning barrels" in alleys the bums use to keep warm (netherrack surrounded by stone siding).