Dung and Hemp NOT WORKING!!!

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Tudoman

Dung and Hemp NOT WORKING!!!

Post by Tudoman »

As the title suggests, my hemp and dung aren't working and they seem to be very important in this mod. I checked the files for the mod and there was no file for it so i re-downloaded and installed it multiple times and it still didn't work! Any suggestions to what i should do???
Devalish

Re: Dung and Hemp NOT WORKING!!!

Post by Devalish »

It helps to know what doesn't work, you don't get seeds, seeds don't grow, something else?
For the dung, maybe you don't notice it when it's there?
Does making something else work? A light, detector block or anything that doesn't use hemp.

What I'm trying to say is, please, be more specific.
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
Tudoman

Post by Tudoman »

I can't get the seeds and i have my dogs sitting on top of hoppers in the dark (i learned being in the dark speeds up the process). As to the second question, yes, I can make anything that doesn't involve dung or hemp
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You'll need to state what other mods you have installed. In particular, if you have anything installed that modifies wolves, you're "shit out of luck" with regards to producing dung.

There are no particular files in the mod for dung and hemp seeds. Dung comes from modifications to the wolves (and the corresponding class), and hemp is produced through modifications to the hoe, and to tall grass.
Devalish

Post by Devalish »

Also, if you use wooden hoes to get the seeds,
you can easily use 3 or 4 without getting any, or more even.
The better the quality of the hoe, the more seeds, already
been mentioned on this forum a couple of times.
(more is still not much)
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
Tudoman

Post by Tudoman »

I've tried using diamond hoes
Tudoman

Post by Tudoman »

this is the first mod i've downloaded
Devalish

Post by Devalish »

for the dung problem:

http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Dung

to be specific:
"Wolves will growl and their rears will make an explosive sound when producing Dung.
This also propels the Dung violently away from the wolf for about 3 blocks. "
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Tudoman

Post by Tudoman »

It didnt help :(
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I cant seem to figure out what your problem is, can you just not get hemp seeds from tall grass and the dung doesnt work like bonemeal, what exactly are you trying to do here?
Tudoman

Post by Tudoman »

I guess it's that hemp and dung wont appear is what i'm trying to say
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thread locked. Either take the time to create a new thread and properly describe your problem or seek help elsewhere.