Foul Planters.

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Panda

Foul Planters.

Post by Panda »

Would it be possible to allow planters to be crafted with the planter, dirt and foul food. Seems logical since foul food has the same properties as bonemeal. I use Alot of planters and would automate foul food for a purpose.
Never say no to Panda.
Darken5

Re: Foul Planters.

Post by Darken5 »

that actually sounds like a good idea. specially since 1.2 promises to possibly break mob farms. And a possible oversight by FC.
Life sucks, get a cat!
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Bone meal seems to have been added to planter recipe at least partly to make them harder to make, and to explain why they work. FC has said recently that he regretted making foul food work like bone meal.

This idea does not really seem to fit with all that IMO
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I'll likely be ripping out foul food acting as fertilizer for the next release, so no.
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

what are you gonna use Foul Food for then? unless thats going to be a secret?
Life sucks, get a cat!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Darken5 wrote:what are you gonna use Foul Food for then? unless thats going to be a secret?
I think he means he'll be removing it from the game entirely... unless he still wants dire consequences for putting food in containers with poop.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I dunno, I'd keep it, removing all functionality.

It's foul food after all.
Adding any sort of functionality to something which's supposed to punish the player for doing something wrong seem counterproductive to me.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Maybe you could feed it to chickens. They'll eat anything...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Foul Food will stay...it'll just return strictly to its original function: as garbage produced when you screw up.
elustran

Post by elustran »

FlowerChild wrote:Foul Food will stay...it'll just return strictly to its original function: as garbage produced when you screw up.
Why not just get rid of Foul Food altogether and turn it into rotten flesh? It'll have the same effect as ruining your meat, save an ID space and mesh the mod a bit more with vMC. Aestheically, it also seems kinda pointless to have two types of rotten meat.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

But, foul food is also produced from bread, donuts, and other such food sources not from meat, also dung wouldn't cause it to rot.

I agree with how FC has it planned, a useless item for when you screw up.
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

As someone who recently set up a factory system to create foul food so I can more easily farm wood... I'm all for this, I don't want to abuse this, but as long as it's in the mod I'm helpless.

Maybe when FC removes this feature I'll actually try to make a real automated tree farm...

That or I'll find a skeleton spawner somewhere.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Well, I have 2 doublechests with bones from my skeleton trap. But I still like the automatic wheat farm with modular wheat processor I made ;P For some reason I like having options in my contraptions, this one could output either wheat, donuts or foul food.

Anyhow, it's really trivial since bonemeal still exists and is very easy to farm. And, as I always said, bonemeal isn't as useful to me as to other people..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

hmmm... any chance of turning foul food into a brown dye? still relatively useless, but the only one of the colors that cant be farmed into oblivion. ooooo. Or as feed for animals, like a horse trough, that acts like a chest/cauldron, but animals can eat from it. that you can fill up with regular wheat and requires foul food to make. Im actually gonna suggest this in ideas myself.
Life sucks, get a cat!
Urian

Post by Urian »

Dung is already a brown dye, it just doesn't work on sheep so you have to color the wool.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

oh, didnt know that... but ewwwwww
Life sucks, get a cat!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Can we please lock this? its just turning into a find a reason to use it discussion....

Sure
//Urian
Never say no to Panda.