OMG! Iron Golems in vMC

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Darken5

OMG! Iron Golems in vMC

Post by Darken5 »

tho, you CAN watch this one if you want your ears to bleed
Life sucks, get a cat!
Gargantuan_Penguin

Re: OMG! Iron Golems in vMC

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

so we get a friendly mob that can actually do something. nice.
And HOW!
AmishGoat

Post by AmishGoat »

Seems like the villager self-limiting mechanism was too powerful? Can't think of another reason they'd add it.
Trying to destroy the you with a you is futile.
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

So... who else makes the connection of Minecraft Villagers to Dragon Age Dwarves. Golems and all ^^. If i can find a texture pack that depicts the NPC's as Bearded Dwarves, i will be happy ^^
Life sucks, get a cat!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Look up robot from "castle in the sky". lol
Never say no to Panda.
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

VMinecraft Iron Golem
Spoiler
Show
Dragon Age Golem
Spoiler
Show
Laputa: Castle in the Sky Robot
Spoiler
Show
In the end, it'll all depend on the texture pack youre using ^^
No matter what they look like... all i gotta say about it is "(insert explicative here) YES!"
Life sucks, get a cat!
ArmyAirborne

Post by ArmyAirborne »

When will they stop adding meaningless crap to MC and fix the bugs?

Honestly I wish they'd stopped adding features at 1.7, fixed the bugs, added the API and released it as complete.

Instead we get villagers and endermen and enchanting and potions and the end and the ender dragon and cats and 15 minutes of rambling nonsense after you kill the dragon and blah blah blah blah blah.

If they wanted a story in MC they should have come up with it before they made the game. Now it just seems contrived and pasted on.
Gargantuan_Penguin

ArmyAirborne wrote:When will they stop adding meaningless crap to MC and fix the bugs?

Honestly I wish they'd stopped adding features at 1.7, fixed the bugs, added the API and released it as complete.

Instead we get villagers and endermen and enchanting and potions and the end and the ender dragon and cats and 15 minutes of rambling nonsense after you kill the dragon and blah blah blah blah blah.

If they wanted a story in MC they should have come up with it before they made the game. Now it just seems contrived and pasted on.
the thing is that the only reason that people play minecraft just for minecrafts sake is because of the shiny new features. mojang wants people to buy the game, and while they do care about bugs and problems somewhat, it isn't as important to fix them and bring other ideas to fruition as it is to make it always seem like a fresh experience to the palyer.

and I honestly think they should get rid of the ending. it is boring bizarre and annoying.
And HOW!
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

Ending needs to go...
Bugs need to go...
Shiny new features must stay ^^
Life sucks, get a cat!
Cynu

Post by Cynu »

-deleted-
Last edited by Cynu on Wed May 21, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Yeah, as BtW users we don't really care for a lot of those features, but for people who don't use big mods (who still are the majority of MC player-base) adding stuff to vMC is big deal.
Last edited by Ferrus.Manus on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

Cynu wrote:Honestly, I'm loving all the new features. The thing about Minecraft is that if you don't like something added, you aren't forced to use it (with the exception of a few things). As with all games, when you run out of things to do in Minecraft, you get bored and stop playing. Jeb may not always pick the best features to add, but each shiny new thing that gets added gives the game more variety and more things to do. Seeing how much iron these golems drop, I'm looking forward to creating a farm for em.
EDIT: Or, if they are unable to breed, creating outposts and using them in my mob traps
Found this little tidbit over in the Morvelaira's News Compilation
orangeweaver wrote:Just stumbled upon this.

An automatic Iron Golem Iron farm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtD1C5iz ... AAAAAAAAAA

Not totally sure how I feel about this. Getting iron is great but an automatic way to get iron seems almost too much. What do you all think about it?
and that vid is
Life sucks, get a cat!
Gargantuan_Penguin

I think part of their reasoning (if they are using reason) is to make all materials renewable. and when things are renewable they are easy to exploit. The only reason I dislike it is because it is getting rid of the need to mine. and it is MINE craft after all :p so I don't know.
And HOW!
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

i actually posted that vid to the Minecraft facebook page and said while i like golems, the ability to farm them in such a way is insanely OP... and if they could possibly make em drop iron nuggets (like gold nuggets from zombie pigmen), or less iron.
Life sucks, get a cat!
ArmyAirborne

Post by ArmyAirborne »

I suppose I wouldn't mind them so much if there was a way to turn off features I don't want without learning java and digging through the code.

Give us another options menu at the world gen screen with a list with on/off buttons and I'd be much happier.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

id hold off any fears of golem exploits until next weeks snapshot. If they haven't tweaked the iron drops by next release then worrying can happen, but with people openly airing the exploits for golems it is unlikely they will go unchanged.