Nether Lightning Alter

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Panda

Nether Lightning Alter

Post by Panda »

You know i noticed that Alot of people want a lightning rod for power, but really how many people are actually happy when it rains? And how often does lightning actually strike?? My idea is nether lightning, but not naturally, make an alter (Sacrifice) block that when a mob, or you stands on lightning strikes killing it and gathering a small bit of electric. Doing this would create a reason to make a nether mob grinder leading mobs onto the alter and their electrifing death. However only a small bit of electric power would be stored creating a need to automate it. This could enable a nether exclusive power source. however i don't know what electric powered devices could use the energy, you'd definitely need a nether base to do so.
Last edited by Panda on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never say no to Panda.
morvelaira

Re: Zappy Nether

Post by morvelaira »

I'm sorry to say this Panda, but I don't see how this fits in with the flavour of BTW at this point in time. I know FC is busily working on a very new feature, but we don't know what it is yet, and proposing another what would require entire systems to enact properly at this point in time is probably not the best thing in the world.

And not to nit pick, but your thread title isn't exactly descriptive, either.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

morvelaira wrote:I'm sorry to say this Panda, but I don't see how this fits in with the flavour of BTW at this point in time. I know FC is busily working on a very new feature, but we don't know what it is yet, and proposing another what would require entire systems to enact properly at this point in time is probably not the best thing in the world.

And not to nit pick, but your thread title isn't exactly descriptive, either.
Fair enough however, i did feel sweeping mobs down a gringer to their enevitable death for our own power seemed fittingly twisted.

p.s. thanks for callin me Panda : )
Never say no to Panda.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

darkpollopesca wrote: Fair enough however, i did feel sweeping mobs down a gringer to their enevitable death for our own power seemed fittingly twisted.

p.s. thanks for callin me Panda : )
No problem ;) And yeah, the base want does fit, just not the idea itself, I think.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
orangeweaver

Re: Nether Lightning Alter

Post by orangeweaver »

You know, I think that somehow using mob traps for another end (other than xp and their drops) would fit rather nicely into BTW ... the only thing that I think that doesn't fit is the electricity at this point. I think it is probably best to wait and see what FC has in store, but with all the breeding we have, automations and collecting souls I *could* see something that uses mobs (harvesting them in some way) fit in eventually.

I say let's keep playing with the lens and see what else is coming and go from there.
Panda

Post by Panda »

hmmm idk i was thinking harnessing lightning would be cooler then a water wheel powered electric, and i remember this movie i saw where someone went on an alter and got struck by lightning and sacrificed, then i put it together, you'de need a nether liquid to progress to this point though huh?
Never say no to Panda.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Not sure. I'm pretty interested in the nether liquid idea (I really have just read on the general idea here and there but no specifics .... really want to see what that will entail). The idea of lighting sounds fun and all but it just seems like such a large leap from everything else we have to me. It makes it seem too distant and a little disjointed from the rest of the nether and the overworld if implemented now, everything else involving mechanical power and breeding, even when automated, feels more hands on and physical to me.

We'll see what happens though. The nether liquid might bring a lot of things to the table that you or I haven't even thought of. And who knows what this mystery idea is that FC is currently working on.
Darken5

Post by Darken5 »

hmmm, neat idea. Mob-grinder that serves another purpose. Like a hamster wheel that kills. hmmm... mob powered mob grinder ^^. Electricity? not so much BTW... maybe spirit power? nah... maybe a stronger mechanical power to power larger machines? dunno. nifty idea tho. needs fleshing out some.
Life sucks, get a cat!