Eureka!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Eureka!

Post by FlowerChild »

SilvasRuin wrote:By any chance was Jeb's write up on how he fixed doors at all an influence in this?
Gods no.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

I've got to say, sir, you are a serious tease.

I'm most definitely curious what on earth yer doing now. Best of luck!
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

Now I'm curious as to just how you are doubling those four bits. What wizardry are you up to?
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I just woke up from my Terraria-induced trance to see this thread. You bloody tease, FC. I have no idea what you might be planning, but you have me and everyone else on the wall waiting for it.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote: Speaking of Pulleys & Platforms, anyone else notice how a conceptually similar feature has turned into a development black-hole for a certain modder? Hopefully that serves to explain why I limited my own implementation to keep the scope reasonable :)
Kinda, but once it's done it's going to be the entire focus of the modder's mod anyways, so it makes sense.

Anyways...something requiring 8 bits of metadata huh. For technological applications, huh. Interesting...

I'll admit, if all goes well and such, I claim first right for suggesting an additional 240 vase colours.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Did you find a way to cram more information into those 4 bits, or a way to use less information? :0
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

BinoAl wrote:Did you find a way to cram more information into those 4 bits, or a way to use less information? :0
I bet it is more like bending time into a loop so FC can use the same four bits over and over again ;)
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

God damn it! I start to make my own theories and then you bring in pullies and platforms and everything gets blown to bits, what's happening? What's happening!?

*Attempts to return to a state of patience*
Johnnyboy

Post by Johnnyboy »

It's not a clock we have those already.

It fits between the turntable and BD,

It's the second most complex feature added.

What could be less complex than a rope and pulley and fit between a turn table and a BD?

A block that can rotate other blocks around all four sides.
Urian

Post by Urian »

So it's technical, complex and requires an amount of data stored that's larger than previously possible. Given the latest developments in vMC and the box nature of the game I'd say it's got to he that Steve learns how to harness Quantum technology by using Schröedingers cat!
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:So it's technical, complex and requires an amount of data stored that's larger than previously possible. Given the latest developments in vMC and the box nature of the game I'd say it's got to he that Steve learns how to harness Quantum technology by using Schröedingers cat!
Well, as admirable as your ability to make tenuous and amusing connections is, your theory is unfortunately foiled by the fact that I'm not working on any of the pre-releases as a code-base and thus do not have a cat to stuff into a block to make neither alive nor dead.

I do however like this line of thinking so much that I will have to keep it in mind for future releases. Perhaps a cat within a Block Dispenser only exists as a probability distribution? :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

50/50 chance of getting a cat back or a kitty companion cube?

I dunno though... is a companion cube alive or dead? We pretty much have Schrodinger's Wolf already... doesn't eat, doesn't move, doesn't poop... yet it makes noises when you punch it and returns to it's original state of unlife (?) even after being dismembered with a saw and reassembled.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

The fact that tile entity is "totally unreasonable" suggest that it's a block we will have in large numbers.
Zottel

Post by Zottel »

FlowerChild wrote:For today's hint, I will say that this is probably the most complex feature I've put into the mod, second only to the Pulleys & Platforms.

This shit be crazy :)
You need to be aware, that you raise big expectations ;)
Sorry for my bad english....i am not a native speaker :(
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Zottel wrote: You need to be aware, that you raise big expectations ;)
Allow be to present exhibit A...

And exhibit B...

Now how do you think I feel about raising expectations?
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Hmm based of all the clues I have seen it seem's like it some sort of liquid transportation or storage. I think it has something to do with glass based of the clues though, that is my basic guess.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Screw expectations. I just want to know what Tom Waits has to do with all this.
The spice must flow...

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ribky wrote:Screw expectations. I just want to know what Tom Waits has to do with all this.
What does he have to do with anything at all?

Nothing and everything....

Ribky

Post by Ribky »

How strange... I have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth and a hot cup of Navy strength coffee in front of me...
Guess I'll have to watch this right freakin' now.

EDIT: And thank you, very good watch. The paycheck isn't the best here, but the ashtray next to my computer at work makes up for it.
The spice must flow...

SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

Ten minutes later I snap back to full consciousness and realize I've been subjected to a shaggy dog story in video form. A somewhat amusing one though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ribky wrote: EDIT: And thank you, very good watch. The paycheck isn't the best here, but the ashtray next to my computer at work makes up for it.
Glad you enjoyed it man. I absolutely love that clip and how it portrays Iggy Pop as kind of a babe in the woods next to Tom Waits :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Gotta love Jarmusch :) I've seen Somewhere in California before although that was when I was an Iggy fan and hadn't heard much of Tom Waits before (I think it was in fact one of the reasons I started listening to some Waits songs, this was before youtube so it wasn't as easy back then :p ). Fun fact, the skull ring that Johnny Depp is known to wear is part of a matched set with the other rings worn by Iggy Pop, Jim Jarmusch and a tattoo artist I forget the name of.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Urian wrote:Gotta love Jarmusch :) I've seen Somewhere in California before although that was when I was an Iggy fan and hadn't heard much of Tom Waits before (I think it was in fact one of the reasons I started listening to some Waits songs, this was before youtube so it wasn't as easy back then :p ). Fun fact, the skull ring that Johnny Depp is known to wear is part of a matched set with the other rings worn by Iggy Pop, Jim Jarmusch and a tattoo artist I forget the name of.
That is an excellent bit of trivia knowledge there. Another 'knowing is half the battle' moment I can use on my friends and loved ones. Thank you for that.
The spice must flow...

johnt

Post by johnt »

kregoth wrote:Hmm based of all the clues I have seen it seem's like it some sort of liquid transportation or storage. I think it has something to do with glass based of the clues though, that is my basic guess.
If it's glass related, it's probably a bong so you can smoke hemp.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

johnt wrote:If it's glass related, it's probably a bong so you can smoke hemp.