Mob Eggs Creator

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Elevatator

Mob Eggs Creator

Post by Elevatator »

Seeing the more Companion Cubes thread, I thought of having the ability to craft an Mob Sucker wich compress Mobs into Egg form.
To make it not so overpowerd, I thought of an pretty expensive Crafting Recipe, and using Eggs and Soul Urns as fuels to suck up an animal.

This would enable us to take the animals to the Nether, where FC want us to live.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Gargantuan_Penguin

Re: Mob Eggs Creator

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

While I agree that there does need to be some way to get mobs to the nether I don't think that this is it. but, seeing as I have no better ideas It might be feasible. my main problem with it is that the mob eggs don't seem to mesh well with BTW. sacking baby animals I'm fine with though...
And HOW!
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

The fact that one can use a BD to turn a wolf into a companion cube may lead to a similar approach to making a mob egg. Altho if it is added i agree that the egg must be 'activated' by a soul urn in order to use the egg. Also i would like to point out that this would make moving your animal farm around a lot easyer (as much as gimp suits help, an animal in your invintory is easyer to move)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Aduis1210

Post by Aduis1210 »

How about the ability to use/feed animals soul urns to produce 1 egg?
eggs only have 1 use to its not like its overpowered but i dont know how flowerchild would see this tbh
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Aduis1210 wrote:How about the ability to use/feed animals soul urns to produce 1 egg?
eggs only have 1 use to its not like its overpowered but i dont know how flowerchild would see this tbh
I could potentially get behind that, but only if it kills the animal
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Aduis1210

Post by Aduis1210 »

or converts the animal into a egg?or maybe something more sinciser?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Eggs are just a creative-mode expedient. I won't be integrating them into survival.
Gargantuan_Penguin

FlowerChild wrote:Eggs are just a creative-mode expedient. I won't be integrating them into survival.
that is a relief, having them in survival just doesn't fit. I am curious though if we will be able to get domestic mobs to the nether. adding nether domestic mobs seems a bit extreme.
And HOW!
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Speaking of eggs, how about using the ender egg that drops after killing the dragon as an item needing for XP automation. The egg would add to the thought that you where fighting the dragon for souls, and killing it to get the egg would give you an actual reason to kill the thing.

Or you could use Villagers that can collect XP orbs and when you toss them milk, they toss a bucket filled with XP orbs :P
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote: that is a relief, having them in survival just doesn't fit. I am curious though if we will be able to get domestic mobs to the nether. adding nether domestic mobs seems a bit extreme.
Agreed, they don't fit survival at all. But yeah, I would love to see some way to get passive mobs into the nether. Animal farms and ore are the only 2 reasons left to use your overworld base instead of moving to the nether
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

BinoAl wrote:
Gargantuan_Penguin wrote: that is a relief, having them in survival just doesn't fit. I am curious though if we will be able to get domestic mobs to the nether. adding nether domestic mobs seems a bit extreme.
Agreed, they don't fit survival at all. But yeah, I would love to see some way to get passive mobs into the nether. Animal farms and ore are the only 2 reasons left to use your overworld base instead of moving to the nether
That, and stone. Unless we get a way to make a nether cobblegen at some point.

Stone is kinda important.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Stormweaver wrote:
That, and stone. Unless we get a way to make a nether cobblegen at some point.

Stone is kinda important.
That's a good point, I hadn't thought about the lack of water in the nether. Ahh well, most people have chests and chests full of cobble by the time they'd move into the nether, anyway
Derzuel

Post by Derzuel »

You can get stone in the Nether, think about it. : )
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Derzuel wrote:You can get stone in the Nether, think about it. : )
No you can't.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Derzuel

Post by Derzuel »

Cement bucket, the only issue of course being clay for the urns.
EvilSheeper

Post by EvilSheeper »

Derzuel wrote:Cement bucket, the only issue of course being clay for the urns.
Wouldn't powering the source with redstone work?
FlowerChild wrote:Let's not get into instructions on explosive manufacture guys. I've got enough problems without attracting the attention of law enforcement :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Derzuel wrote:Cement bucket, the only issue of course being clay for the urns.
Yeah, we need netherclay :/
Gargantuan_Penguin

What I am wondering is whether FC is going to add ore and crap to the nether. I don't want another nethercraft :/ not that that is what it will be, but It makes more sense to synthesize stuff there, like with the redstone. soul sand is the closest thing to clay there, so a derivative of that as a clay substitute makes sense to me. whatever he is planning I am sure it will have less to do with altering the nether and more to do with changing how we process it.
And HOW!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Like, suck the souls out of soulsand and you're left with the clay medium or something?
Better is the enemy of Good
Gargantuan_Penguin

DaveYanakov wrote:Like, suck the souls out of soulsand and you're left with the clay medium or something?
That is pretty much what I was thinking. maybe with some other element like sand or something. I haven't thought to much about the details. but I think it is an avenue in need of exploring.
And HOW!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I believe the general problem here is logistics.

The nether simply does not have some resources, so the player has to ferry them back and forth from the overworld. This is fine for small/medium projects,but for huge ones it can be a pain, and animals are impossible to move over. No animals = no dung or leather, 2 very crucial items for BtW. So you cannot really make a self sustaining base in the nether. You have to be going back and forth, and halving the time your stuff grows/produces in both worlds.

If only we could turn cows in companion cubes and then turn cow and wolf cubes back into animals in the nether :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Gargantuan_Penguin

There was a mod that I saw awhile back the ender chest mod. It isn't in the spirirt of BTW but for whenever Nether bases become more manageable it could certainly help get stuff from the Overworld to the Nether
And HOW!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:and animals are impossible to move over. No animals = no dung or leather, 2 very crucial items for BtW. So you cannot really make a self sustaining base in the nether. You have to be going back and forth, and halving the time your stuff grows/produces in both worlds.
Honestly, I feel this is going to be solved bloodwood style (for leather at least) - some kind of mutant cow which can be....produced at a high cost, but then bred almost as normal. But I'm sure FC already has his plans in that regard, since I'm fairly sure we're close to having his plans for the next age revealed, along with 'The true use' of tanned leather.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Well, we can straight away rule out solutions that forces the player to jump between worlds, as this would lead to more afk-ing than necessary due to unloading/loading of the worlds different machines would force the player to be on the game about twice as much as he plays.
Anyway, I bet FC has already found the best way to solve most, if not all of the nether problems....
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

umm while you cant get wolves to the nether dont forget about the wonderful virtues of chickens in large numbers