Ender chest mod!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Yamboyz1

Ender chest mod!

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
johnt

Re: Ender chest mod!

Post by johnt »

The way it uses dyes is very clever. I hate mods that have UI's with numbers and letters, etc. It just feels so un-minecraft-y

I think the recipe is way too expensive, though.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Not expensive enough for what it does. Four blaze rods per chest is cheaper than infinite iron for rails
Better is the enemy of Good
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

How is it infinite?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
xbitx

Post by xbitx »

That is absolutely FANTASTIC.

It will actually make me WANT to go and create another base now. I've always wanted to but the running back and fourth to bring materials was a PAIN. This might just solve that, and can also allow me to finally link them together.

Big thing here for me is will Buildcraft pipes still work with it? It should if it's just extending the chest class, but I just like to make sure. Now the automation of things can be done and the fruits of the labor can be accessed from other bases.

So many possiblities, I'm definitely intrigued.

Except (I'm glad I just checked) it requires Forge, ModLoader, ModLoaderMP and his CodeChickenCore.

If it didn't require Forge I'd be all over it. I wish it was ModLoader only, I'd install it instantly, I'd even be ok with using his ChickenCore ... but Forge just breaks it for me for obvious reasons. Maybe I'll install it on a server when I go to test out RailCraft.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I have massive respect for ChickenBones, he's a nice guy and an excellent programmer. It's a bit over-powered for single player, but I can see it being very fun on a server for automatically reloading shop chests, etc.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Gilberreke wrote:I have massive respect for ChickenBones, he's a nice guy and an excellent programmer. It's a bit over-powered for single player, but I can see it being very fun on a server for automatically reloading shop chests, etc.
Yeahhhhh ... my only reservation with this is that I play singleplayer and am really worried nothing is in place w/ my serious abusing this? e.g. Spelunking FOREVER.

It sounds like a really useful but almost too useful for me.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Yeah, it's definitely something I consider too powerful for single player.

Considering that I've seen people use teleport pipes and wireless redstone though, it's less powerful than those :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Haven't used any of those. Really haven't used many mods for my minecraft. I lurk the forums a lot looking for something but everything felt very uninteresting to me or something that would soon ware out.

I eventually tried BTW and was hooked as hell. I really want to maintain that feel of survival in my world, self-dependence, making things work and produce the materials I need. I like that a lot. I really feel I would abuse the shit out of this chest.
Tuv

Post by Tuv »

Love the idea of color code. Makes me want colect some dye. And it seems so natural to do.
xbitx

Post by xbitx »

What it reminds me of a lot is Terraria's piggy bank or vault.

It travels with you accross servers for Terraria, so it's not even close to the same. But it kinda feels like that because you can put things into it and go to a remote location and still access it.

By the way, I use teleport pipes because I thought about doing a waterproof pipeline to my oil geyser, and found that i'd have to create chunkloaders every 16 blocks to make sure the pipe stayed active, so I just hide the teleport pipe and it looks as if it goes underground. hahaha. It is pretty powerful though aint that the truth lol
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

i think this mod is a awesome idea, i remember i used it then i played with Tekkit (the SMP TechnicPack thingy) and its a very good mod! i absolutely recommend it ;)
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
xbitx

Post by xbitx »

shoegun56 wrote:i think this mod is a awesome idea, i remember i used it then i played with Tekkit (the SMP TechnicPack thingy) and its a very good mod! i absolutely recommend it ;)
Oh boy... why do I get a bad feeling?
Williamson

Post by Williamson »

Just out of curiosity, doesn't this mean that all you need is one of those chests to have a *lot* of chests in one block. Seeing as you can recolor it to access another type, you only need one per base. Seems really overpowered for SP, I agree... I guess it makes for some kind of semi-secure storage for MP though...
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Williamson wrote:Just out of curiosity, doesn't this mean that all you need is one of those chests to have a *lot* of chests in one block. Seeing as you can recolor it to access another type, you only need one per base. Seems really overpowered for SP, I agree... I guess it makes for some kind of semi-secure storage for MP though...
You use up dye every time you recolor it.
xbitx

Post by xbitx »

Williamson wrote:Just out of curiosity, doesn't this mean that all you need is one of those chests to have a *lot* of chests in one block. Seeing as you can recolor it to access another type, you only need one per base. Seems really overpowered for SP, I agree... I guess it makes for some kind of semi-secure storage for MP though...
I honestly can't tell how it's overpowered. From what I see in the video you can't put two together, so it's just a single chest inventory size. Most of the time, that's not enough for me. So either way you're going to be making more chests.

I mean I understand you can access everything from one place and one chest now, but really how is that overpowered from just making a ton of chests in your house? Or using teleport pipes with wireless redstone in order to transfer the items over to the other base with a chunkloader. (Which I can't believe I never thought of that... lol but it's still a lot of work to set up).

There's ways around using this chest. I mean it's quite a powerful item/block but it's really not much more of an overpowered system than those examples.