Welcome to the Jungle!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

Welcome to the Jungle!

Post by Panda »

so the latest snapshot just came out and on of the thing i knowtissed is:

Ladders regained their collision box, and vines are climbable when they have a solid block behind them
Added jungle biome (requires a new world) with new tree and leaf types
Updated language files
Dispensers will place mobs instead of releasing the spawner egg
Zombies have new path-finding AI
Wolves have new AI and can be bred (when tame)
Spoiler
Show
Can you say better than tree houses?!
Last edited by Panda on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never say no to Panda.
Stormweaver

Re: Welcome to the Jungle!

Post by Stormweaver »

Oh come on, if you're going to start a new thread about something, post screenshots damn it.

...yeah, I cba checking out the snapshot yet.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Stormweaver wrote:Oh come on, if you're going to start a new thread about something, post screenshots damn it.

...yeah, I cba checking out the snapshot yet.
done
Never say no to Panda.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

This looks seriously awesome.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Ok, I caved and checked out the snapshot to see this for myself. My first impression was that is was awesome. This was flying in creative mode.

Then I landed and had a look around at floor level, and it looked kinda meh. Then I realised I have to play the game in fast graphics mode of the time, and checked that out.

Ground-level leaves generally just look bad, the big trees are kinda underwhelming from floor level...I just dunno. Glad it's the first snapshot, but a lot needs to be done before this impresses me >.>
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

It needs bright green grass ala 1.8 swamps.

I like the bushes, myself, it helps differentiate the Jungle from every other forest biome.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If I have to spend another 8 hours updating the frigging mod next week for a new release, I'm seriously going to lose my shit.
Robilar

Post by Robilar »

FlowerChild wrote:If I have to spend another 8 hours updating the frigging mod next week for a new release, I'm seriously going to lose my shit.
Quick! Someone put a hopper under him!
FlowerChild wrote:FUCK MAN! WHAT WE GOING TO DO NOW! WE'RE IN SOME REALLY PRETTY SHIT!!!

<dakka dakka>
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Robilar wrote: Quick! Someone put a hopper under him!
Nice one :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Robilar wrote: Quick! Someone put a hopper under him!
Nice one :)
FC... please dont die or kill everything.... meat makes wolves breed in this snapshot.... puppies in our hopper collectors!!.... puppy chops!!
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

and there talking about adding monkeys.... stupid
Never say no to Panda.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I have been hoping for some really different landscapes and Interesting scenery.
That looks really cool. Taller trees are going to be interesting to automate. But clearing out a pace for your base would be a pain if you are an over world player.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

BigShinyToys wrote:I have been hoping for some really different landscapes and Interesting scenery.
That looks really cool. Taller trees are going to be interesting to automate. But clearing out a pace for your base would be a pain if you are an over world player.
Bless the gaming gods for treecapitator/timber, then.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

darkpollopesca wrote:and there talking about adding monkeys.... stupid
Well... that will certainly move my wrath away from villagers at least. God I hate monkeys. Vicious little bastards.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Jungle biomes sound interesting for a little bit but I by no means want to start a new world right now. I don't mind the monkeys but we already have endermen to steal our shit, give us something more threatening, sand trap (quicksand?) something ... the rare chance of a very large anaconda? I don't know, just something for me to remember that the jungle is trying to overwhelm and kill me.
xbitx

Post by xbitx »

So wait.

Someone brought it up. Puppies in our hoppers.

What are we going to do with the whole breeding with MEAT (of all damn things, meat).

Personally, may I suggest a change into breeding with BONES (you use bones to capture the wolves, may as well put a use to them after that), so that we can continue to use meat without getting pups? I mean, that's just going to mess with every single wolf mod out there that uses meat to heal them. Oh hey look I healed my pet wolf ... and now he's horny and chases after another wolf anytime we pass by one. And I'm not even going to talk about how messed up that's going to make BTW. I can already imagine all the dung farms, where they get fed and fall off of their glass perches making the entire farm useless.

Other than that little problem, I'm all for the jungle biome. It looks pretty cool. Monkeys as a new NPC? Not digging that, that's just ridiculous. Though I'm kind of looking forward to making a tree house and putting some vines around it. (Then again I've already done that).

Also, quick thing, +1 to whoever came up with the quicksand idea! That should be in, and if not, I am going to try my best to create it as a modloader mod, hahaha.
Panda

Post by Panda »

lol when puppies go threw hopper you should get a mini companion cube the size of a corner piece lol
Never say no to Panda.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

darkpollopesca wrote:lol when puppies go threw hopper you should get a mini companion cube the size of a corner piece lol
That... would be really awesome and adorable, even if it won't happen.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Miss_Kat wrote:
darkpollopesca wrote:lol when puppies go threw hopper you should get a mini companion cube the size of a corner piece lol
That... would be really awesome and adorable, even if it won't happen.
Yes, the ladies of the forum are in agreement. We want pocket sized Companion Cubes. Miss Kat is right, though. Likely won't happen.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Urian

Post by Urian »

If monkeys are added then they need to be able to throw dung! It was one of the original purposes of dung in the mod and in these times of uncertainty we need to go back to our roots!

Puppy cubes (which my brain insists on shortening to Pubes) would be... strange. Oh and if we can start feeding things meat to get them to breed then I want Audrey II, possibly related to blood trees.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea