New Release! (BTW 2.80)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battosay

Re: New Release! (BTW 2.80)

Post by Battosay »

Finally a use for feathers ! Great ! :)
I was concerned about my small stock of slimeballs when I saw the new water wheel recipe ^^
Urian

Post by Urian »

What's this, a use for feathers? Perhaps it's time to deactivate my instantly-destroy-feathers device (aka. a hopper over a cactus) for my mob grinder then :D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Didn't you guys see me recently saying I thought feathers were the most useless item in the game?

What do humans do with useless animal bi-products? Hmmmmm? :)

You really should have known something was up when I included the Rollers as a Hopper filter ;)
David367th

Post by David367th »

I saw the rollers in TMI im like, Flower: what are you doing now?

And i still dont understand :(
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I guess it's time to build a trap around a zombie spawner I just found. Too bad I can't find some cows for belts :(
Adjudicator79

Post by Adjudicator79 »

I knew there was a reason I kept the three full chests of feathers from my mob trap! I got my bellows working with netherrack and cooked up some tallow and glue with my handcrank. And managed to burn my saw b/c it was too close to my netherrack (d'oh). So now I will hook up one of those awesome turntable driven bellows setups and then go boil me up some glue. And then go pig hunting to get me some tallow. Got to stock up for whatever FlowerChild has planned for these reagents!
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Can't wait to try this when I get home, I made sure to keep some tanned leather handy which will come in handy.

I keep thinking that the haft must have a use since it has been added, but since I can't think it as useful for replacing the current tools we have, nor adding new ones, I wonder if it can be attached to any of the mechanical systems? Perhaps it can be attached to the bellows or turntable (perhaps with glue), for some reason I'm yet to fathom?

Then again, the tallow is there and I can't think of a current use for that (except lanterns?), so perhaps FC is just teasing us with new items with no current use?
Urian

Post by Urian »

gftweek wrote:I keep thinking that the haft must have a use since it has been added
Let me guess, you weren't using the mod back when dung was first introduced? :)

Flower has actually several times in the past introduced items before they had any use (e.g. dung or hemp), especially if it's something that might be useful to have in quantities. We will probably find out soon enough, especially if Flower is back to his old update schedule :D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote: Let me guess, you weren't using the mod back when dung was first introduced? :)

Flower has actually several times in the past introduced items before they had any use (e.g. dung or hemp), especially if it's something that might be useful to have in quantities. We will probably find out soon enough, especially if Flower is back to his old update schedule :D
Heck, Tanned Leather is just *beginning* to see some of its real uses in the mod ;)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I'm pretty pumped to see how tallow and the haft come together :) well, assuming they go toward the same thing. Ive imagined ages (in btw) as a wide selection of items that bottleneck, with a few items determining passage into the next age. Maybe the haft signifies a new tool is coming? Hammer, to nail boilers together, maybe? :D
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

This stuff looks amazing FC! I can't wait to see where it's all going! Keep the updates coming; it was a nice surprise to see a new one already!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Urian wrote:
gftweek wrote:I keep thinking that the haft must have a use since it has been added
Let me guess, you weren't using the mod back when dung was first introduced? :)

Nope, I'm a relative newcomer, but a firm convert. I won't update minecraft without BTW now. I don't care if it takes two weeks to get it ready for 1.8, I can wait.

I see that the lens object class has been included with the mod for a while even though the block isn't ready for the mod yet, so I guess I'll file the haft under future technologies.

I'd better start hunting cows more then, or maybe install the baby animals mod so I can farm them? My pork chop dispenser keeps running on empty as I don't hunt pigs enough as it is, oh well got a nice dung heap for now.

Edit: No, that baby animals mod seems to just be for cuteness rather than functionality, I won't bother.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Urian wrote:Flower has actually several times in the past introduced items before they had any use
Yeah, just look at maps. Oh wait, that was Notch.

As for the haft, my guess is that we'll soon be able to kill creepers to get their "Sss". So combine that on a workbench with the haft, and you get:
Spoiler
Show
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

cheechako wrote: Yeah, just look at maps. Oh wait, that was Notch.
There's a big difference between releasing features that will have a use in the future, and releasing poorly designed (and hugely time-consuming to implement) features that will never have a use.

Please don't confuse the two again ;)

I guess I could always render maps into Glue as well...
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Better Than Wolves 2: Better Than Maps?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

There's already a new release after this one. Thread locked.