BTW Community Castle (v2.4 - 06/09)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW Community Castle

Post by FlowerChild »

One thing that you might want to mention is that everyone involved will have to have the mod installed with default block ids or this is going to get messed up real quick.

Nice idea overall though!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:One thing that you might want to mention is that everyone involved will have to have the mod installed with default block ids or this is going to get messed up real quick.

Nice idea overall though!
Oh, that hadn't even occured to me. I remembered to say that everyone needed only btw mod blocks, but hadn't thought about the fact that item ids may differ. I'll add it to the op when i add kwilt and blazeboy
blazeboy91

Post by blazeboy91 »

If it gets to my turn on or before the 21st, skip me. I shall be fishing till then.
* Choke Choke Die*
Victim: Damn Poison cupcakes......
Bystander: Oooo a cupcake.
And the cycle continues until someone builds an immunity to it or we all die. Either way it has got to suck being the last person alive..
Haniale

Post by Haniale »

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: Oh, that hadn't even occured to me. I remembered to say that everyone needed only btw mod blocks, but hadn't thought about the fact that item ids may differ. I'll add it to the op when i add kwilt and blazeboy
Remember that if someone in the chain even LOADS the save with different IDs or without the mod installed, they'll wind up deleting all mod blocks that have been placed before.

I'd seriously recommend checking the save-game after each person is done to make sure they haven't done this as it's bound to happen at some point.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

*took his turn yesterday*
*spent 8 hours on some crazy twisted shit*
*finished*
*left the game*
*started to made a back-up*
*look at the storm outside*
*lightning*
Pouf!
*no more light*
*turns on computer*
"Corrupted files"

I skip my turn.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Battosay wrote:*took his turn yesterday*
*finished*
*left the game*
*lightning*
Pouf!
*no more light*
*turns on computer*
"Corrupted files"

I skip my turn.
D:
Damn, i was looking forward to what you would add. :( Did you try out my redstone combination puzzle? Of all the people who have played, your the one id expect to be able to solve it :p
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Alright, I think it's my turn now? Here goes nothing haha... This system is gonna be interesting to make work. Somehow going to need 3 vertically arranged 5x5x5 platform blocks lifted relatively in sync by a total of 6 pulleys. Wish me luck xD

Anywhom, I'll post again when I'm done.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Ok, I managed to restore 1/2 of what I did, minus every BTW item, so I'll take it after Fracture and I'll import the .schem

And nope Bino, I didn't tested your puzzle yet, but I will :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Battosay wrote:Ok, I managed to restore 1/2 of what I did, minus every BTW item, so I'll take it after Fracture and I'll import the .schem

And nope Bino, I didn't tested your puzzle yet, but I will :)
Related to that: How does one use .schem? I have a few structures in really old worlds that I quite liked, but those worlds don't have long grass, lapis, etc, as they're outdated.
David367th

Post by David367th »

And how does one get .ogg files to convert into normal music files? I wonder...
Urian

Post by Urian »

Fracture wrote:Related to that: How does one use .schem? I have a few structures in really old worlds that I quite liked, but those worlds don't have long grass, lapis, etc, as they're outdated.
You need to use MCEdit. In MCEdit, you select the blocks that you want to be in your schematic and choose the option to export them. You then open the world you want to place them in, choose import (might be named import schematic, I can't remember right now), select the file you just exported and then place it where you want it. You can select if you want to also import water and/or air data, if you want to, you can fill the air you want to keep in your old world with e.g. wool (or any other block you don't use) and when you then import it you first select to not paste in air and thereafter choose to replace the wool with air.
David367th wrote:And how does one get .ogg files to convert into normal music files? I wonder...
By using a converter? :D This is the one I use: http://www.coolutils.com/totalaudioconverter
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
David367th

Post by David367th »

I actualy didn't try looking lol, its just been on my mind scince I've been in romania... I thought that MC music went great with Remmy...lol
David367th

Post by David367th »

Battosay wrote:*took his turn yesterday*
*finished*
*left the game*
*lightning*
Pouf!
*no more light*
*turns on computer*
"Corrupted files"

I skip my turn.

Another reason to have a laptop...
*just realised he had DP'd, he hates it when people DP... >_>*
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I guess ill go after, whoever it is whos last, i cant keep up anymore
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Bollocks.

Just downloaded the latest map to go ahead and look at what everybody else has built, but I keep crashing when I bob out into the ocean.

I'd give a crash report, but it shows up for a few milliseconds then instantly goes black.

And yes, before anybody asks, I have BTW installed properly. This is the only map I've had a single problem on. Guess it just doesn't want me to add my epicocity.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Makin' a skyship, going well. It has a greetingwolf, too. Also, note that you can only get into it when it's raining. Just so's you know.
Urian

Post by Urian »

KWilt wrote:Bollocks.

Just downloaded the latest map to go ahead and look at what everybody else has built, but I keep crashing when I bob out into the ocean.

I'd give a crash report, but it shows up for a few milliseconds then instantly goes black.

And yes, before anybody asks, I have BTW installed properly. This is the only map I've had a single problem on. Guess it just doesn't want me to add my epicocity.

I'm having the same problem. It looks like someone might have messed up somewhere.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Someone please make a dung fountain. :D
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

KWilt wrote:Bollocks.

Any errors in ModLoader.txt? Any rough idea of coordinates where this happened? I swam around for a bit and did not crash.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Urian

Post by Urian »

cheechako wrote: Any errors in ModLoader.txt? Any rough idea of coordinates where this happened? I swam around for a bit and did not crash.
It's not happening everytime (in fact, it's only happened once for me). I had it happen between the spawn point and the boat.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

walker_boh_65 wrote:I guess ill go after, whoever it is whos last, i cant keep up anymore
Added to the list in op :)
Battosay wrote:And nope Bino, I didn't tested your puzzle yet, but I will :)
Well i guess i worded it badly: its a combination lock of 1's and 0's using levers, with a hint on a sign in the room. I don't mean you'll solve it more easily than anyone, but you'll know how to reprogram the combination for the next person :D

So which version of the map is the one thats having the crashes?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote: I'm having the same problem. It looks like someone might have messed up somewhere.
Yeah, this was what I was talking about above. It was only a matter of time before someone made the mistake of playing on this map with non-default ID's assigned and caused everyone else to crash :\

Whoever it was probably wiped out some or all of the mod blocks placed by others too.

I think you may need to be more selective about who you let work on this thing man as a single error can wipe out the work of a lot of people, especially if it goes unnoticed at first and several people end up working on the map after it is introduced. Perhaps this is a project better-suited to the Turtles?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Well haniale didn't have any issues, maybe he had his id's changed? Only 1 person experienced the issue besides urian, and it only happened once for him. I think it's a seperate issue. Guess we'll wait for haniale to post to see if his id's changed?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote:Well haniale didn't have any issues, maybe he had his id's changed? Only 1 person experienced the issue besides urian, and it only happened once for him. I think it's a seperate issue. Guess we'll wait for haniale to post to see if his id's changed?
I'd say just check the map before he worked on it to see if it is working right, then try it immediately after, and that should tell you if it was him.

If it was, wipe out his version, and start with someone else from the point before he worked on it.