I defy anybody to find a better BTW seed than this!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RaustBlackDragon

I defy anybody to find a better BTW seed than this!

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Look at this.

LOOK. AT. THIS.

What do you see? What you see is a reasonably flat plane, with a spawn point directly at the intersection of a wolf-rich forest biome and a desert biome. If you look closely, you'll also notice an EXPOSED DUNGEON with a spawner for... wait for it... SKELETONS.

If anybody has a better seed than this for better than wolves... well... I'd love to see it.

I THINK i copied the seed right, but if not, here's the image for reference:

What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Syruse

Re: I defy anybody to find a better BTW seed than this!

Post by Syruse »

Now what I call a great find! If I ever start a new world I know what seed I'm using. Thank you for this.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

INEEDASWAMP. Swamp biome next to a hills biome (every animal available sans wolves), surface lava pit near spawn, a couple of ponds embedded in the nearby extreme hills biome (well in range for HCB needs) and a large cave system from the word go. Skeleton spawner in said cave, exactly the right distance for a mobevator to carry them to the surface and drop them to half a heart. There is also a zombie&spider dungeon nearby (perfect for mossy cobble needs) all coming with a sizeable amount of pre-mineshaft redstone.

Not far away (although far away enough to prevent it interfering with branch mining/mining in general) is a huge abandoned mineshaft, with lots and lots of cave spider spawners - at least one area I've found has 3 close enough to all be activated, for EXP/wool farming purposes, and a quick journey across the sea gets you a stronghold, complete with 8 of the 12 enderpearls you need to activate the portal.

Just wait, there is more.

2 fully underground ravines, both dropping to around y=25, and with caves to y=12. A nether portal from anywhere nearby plants you smack between 2 nether fortresses (or the same one, I'm getting the feeling that they don't generate in the first couple of chunks you load in the nether). And a short journey north gets you a forest, a pine forest and a desert, for all your birch, pine, wolf and cactus needs.

...suffice to say, I *really* like this seed.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
RaustBlackDragon

Stormweaver wrote:INEEDASWAMP. Swamp biome next to a hills biome (every animal available sans wolves), surface lava pit near spawn, a couple of ponds embedded in the nearby extreme hills biome (well in range for HCB needs) and a large cave system from the word go. Skeleton spawner in said cave, exactly the right distance for a mobevator to carry them to the surface and drop them to half a heart. There is also a zombie&spider dungeon nearby (perfect for mossy cobble needs) all coming with a sizeable amount of pre-mineshaft redstone.

Not far away (although far away enough to prevent it interfering with branch mining/mining in general) is a huge abandoned mineshaft, with lots and lots of cave spider spawners - at least one area I've found has 3 close enough to all be activated, for EXP/wool farming purposes, and a quick journey across the sea gets you a stronghold, complete with 8 of the 12 enderpearls you need to activate the portal.

Just wait, there is more.

2 fully underground ravines, both dropping to around y=25, and with caves to y=12. A nether portal from anywhere nearby plants you smack between 2 nether fortresses (or the same one, I'm getting the feeling that they don't generate in the first couple of chunks you load in the nether). And a short journey north gets you a forest, a pine forest and a desert, for all your birch, pine, wolf and cactus needs.

Well then, I guess I'll just have to keep exploring this seed of mine to see if anything comparable to that exists. The things I've listed were just the things that were made apparent withing the first five seconds.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Image

Look at this.

LOOK. AT. THIS.

What do you see? What you see is a reasonably flat plane, with a spawn point directly at the intersection of a wolf-rich forest biome and a desert biome. If you look closely, you'll also notice an EXPOSED DUNGEON with a spawner for... wait for it... SKELETONS.

If anybody has a better seed than this for better than wolves... well... I'd love to see it.

I THINK i copied the seed right, but if not, here's the image for reference:

Has no high water sources, so not the best, still awesome for non HCB btwers though
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Stormweaver wrote:INEEDASWAMP.

*snip*

Sigh...

I'll be forced to reconsider my current seed :/

This way i'm never getting a decent homeworld ready...
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

The "gimmeabreak" seed has a zombie spawner underneath the village and so far I've captured 10 wolves in the closest forest. It also spawns you inside a village, next to a desert, a mountain biome, a swamp and plains, with the ocean not far off.

What I haven't found yet is a ravine or an abandoned mine, not sure if I really miss those
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Gilberreke wrote:The "gimmeabreak" seed has a zombie spawner underneath the village and so far I've captured 10 wolves in the closest forest. It also spawns you inside a village, next to a desert, a mountain biome, a swamp and plains, with the ocean not far off.

What I haven't found yet is a ravine or an abandoned mine, not sure if I really miss those
Melons. Glistering melons. Splash healing potions. Fast xp farming from the said zombie spawners. Now do you miss the a-mines?
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
RaustBlackDragon

Larmantine wrote: Melons. Glistering melons. Splash healing potions. Fast xp farming from the said zombie spawners. Now do you miss the a-mines?
Melons are doubly important for me, I need them to level up my dogs past level 20.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I'm pretty sure the abandoned mines can't be far off, they're all over the place :p
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Crismon

Post by Crismon »

Gilberreke wrote:I'm pretty sure the abandoned mines can't be far off, they're all over the place :p
First post -but I've been here for a Long time-, I had to post this to help xP
Spoiler
Show
This is outside the house where you spawn:

That is where the zombie spawner is:

Inside the cave where you can see that mushroom, dig straight down where the torch is:

There is a cave spider spawner in this abandoned mineshaft, go right, first corridor to the left, follow the rails until the end and turn left, you'll find a small ravine, fall down and look back. There will be a lot of cobweb and the spawner. After it, there will be a second one to the right and a lot of red mushrooms there.
Too lazy to rezise the imgs
Learned english on videogames...
That's why I sound weird.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

So...who wants to group-play (or however you call it) a BTW game?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
kamshaft1

Post by kamshaft1 »

My first post. Try the seed -4183044. Spawn is in a forrest with lots of chickens around. Not far from spawn is a desert biome with a village that can be taken over.