New Release! (BTW V3.27)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.27)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.27 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added XP for slaying villagers. In the battle against the Enderdragon, the souls of the innocent/barely-sentient are the most valuable of all!

-Added ability to feed animals by just throwing wheat on the ground near to them in order to help with automating breeding.

-Changed animals so that they will change the target of their affections if the desired animal has already bred with another. This avoids confusion in group situations.

-Changed Wolves so that they won't move to attack a mob that has hit the player, if they are sitting.

-Changed wolves so that they will only eat loose food if they are hungry or wounded.

-Changed Cauldron recipe to have bone on top of the water bucket, as it is more intuitive that way.

-Changed the time it takes to update the Bellows, slowing it down by 1 tick (1/20th of a second), to avoid confusion due to some very fast timers only sometimes working with them.

-Changed axes to be effective against melons.

-Changed potions to increase their maximum stack size to 8.

-Fixed the growth rate of Hemp which was reduced to a quarter of what it should have been by a change to the way chunks update that Mojang made in 1.0.

-Fixed rate of flowers growing on Planters for the same reasons as above.

-Fixed size of collision area around Grates so that they are more like glass panes and iron bars.

-Fixed crash bug when attempting to plant seeds with the Block Dispenser.

Enjoy! :)
RaustBlackDragon

Re: New Release! (BTW V2.97)

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

epicness! Can I install this on top of the last version, or does this no longer edit certain base classes?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:epicness! Can I install this on top of the last version, or does this no longer edit certain base classes?
Sigh. Please don't ask this. It's always the case unless I say otherwise.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

-Added ability to feed animals by just throwing wheat on the ground near to them in order to help with automating breeding.

-Changed Wolves so that they won't move to attack a mob that has hit the player, if they are sitting.
Loved these two specially :)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
misterwuggles

Post by misterwuggles »

Heh I'm liking that first change, though I dunno if I'm ballsy enough to kill all my villagers in this world without knowing what purpose they're going to serve officially :(. Especially loving the 'made all animals less annoying to deal with' updates. Thanks as always!
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Oh god, with Nightmare Mode updated and hemp fixed, this means I'll be playing soon :D

Can't wait!
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:epicness! Can I install this on top of the last version, or does this no longer edit certain base classes?
Sigh. Please don't ask this. It's always the case unless I say otherwise.
Ah, sorry. Thanks for answering regardless.

So there's still no automated experience, huh? Ah well, guess I'll make do with the villagers right by my house.

How much XP are we talking here?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Hooray!!!

Oh wait... I'm at work...

Hooray in 7 hrs!!!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

Seriously confused about the release number. Shouldn't it be about 3.27?

Looks like a good update though. Thanks FC!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

fullsailor wrote:Seriously confused about the release number. Shouldn't it be about 3.27?
Typo :)
RaustBlackDragon

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.27)

The XP gain from killing villagers is pretty darn low. Considering how they don't respawn or anything, I don't see the point in killing them.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:The XP gain from killing villagers is pretty darn low. Considering how they don't respawn or anything, I don't see the point in killing them.
You should be getting between 15 and 20 levels for wiping out a village man. I'm not sure how much you'd want considering each villager is about the equivalent of killing 10 other mobs.
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:The XP gain from killing villagers is pretty darn low. Considering how they don't respawn or anything, I don't see the point in killing them.
You should be getting between 15 and 20 levels for wiping out a village man. I'm not sure how much you'd want considering each villager is about the equivalent of killing 10 other mobs.
I'm at level 35 and it barely scored a single notch on my XP bar.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.27 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

-Changed animals so that they will change the target of their affections if the desired animal has already bred with another. This avoids confusion in group situations.

Awesome, I posted about this in a thread but it basically died and I was hoping you spotted it or noticed it yourself. This is a fantastic addition.

Obviously the rest is great too but after just breeding dozens of sheep and having almost all of them just waiting around to breed with a sheep that already did, this is great to hear.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: I'm at level 35 and it barely scored a single notch on my XP bar.
Then that would be your problem. You might want to read this:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xp
RaustBlackDragon

FlowerChild wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote: I'm at level 35 and it barely scored a single notch on my XP bar.
Then that would be your problem. You might want to read this:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xp
I'm trying to get a level 50 enchantment. Ah well, I guess it's your decision. Sorry, I guess I got overly hopeful when I read "villagers give XP" and I realized I literally lived right behind a village.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: I'm trying to get a level 50 enchantment. Ah well, I guess it's your decision. Sorry, I guess I got overly hopeful when I read "villagers give XP" and I realized I literally lived right behind a village.
My decision? Dude, the villagers give you a shit-ton of experience. You just aren't seeing it because at your excessively high level it takes an absolutely insane amount of experience to increase your level.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FlowerChild wrote:You should be getting between 15 and 20 levels for wiping out a village man. I'm not sure how much you'd want considering each villager is about the equivalent of killing 10 other mobs.
This is the update I'm waiting for:
FlowerChild wrote: - Added ability to breed villagers
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
OneTripleZero

Post by OneTripleZero »

Oh man, I literally upgraded to 3.26 like an hour ago, then came here to see if anyone had tips on automating animal breeding, and 3.27 is out with the answer I was looking for in the change log. Too perfect, man.
finite8 wrote: This is the update I'm waiting for:
FlowerChild wrote: - Added ability to breed villagers
I can't see any good reason, ethically or morally, that we would ever need something as hideous as this. Which is why it has my vote.
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for Humanity - Horace Mann
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild, my dear, there should always be confusion in group situations. It's what makes them fun!

Seriously, though, can't wait to get back into it... Catch up to all you crazy good automation gurus. <3
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

thats freaken fast :D realy nice update man. Hell ya. Sheep farm=carpet store :D But for villagers its fear amout of xp because they kinda rare. Hope you wont ban me like last time but i have to say this :D i though that if we have villages and villagers and were in like same age, we could randomly find in villages broken wind mils with axels and gear boxes and anvils in blacksmith place. But also they would be kinda random and rare but the problem i guess that its kinda hard to make world generate your buildings and blocks in villages. Well that was kinda nice idea. But still. Peoples. Hold the topic dont make same mistake like me. I had to do this ;D
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Sweet! This'll help trmendously!
The potion stack update intrigues me a lot. I'm fairly certain I saw a tewwet from Jeb at some point saying it wasn't possible due to meta data differences in potions with the same effects or something, but you seem to have been able to make it possible all the same. Anyway, I'm off to play with the new update! :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

sky_demon wrote:thats freaken fast :D realy nice update man. Hell ya. Sheep farm=carpet store :D But for villagers its fear amout of xp because they kinda rare. Hope you wont ban me like last time but i have to say this :D i though that if we have villages and villagers and were in like same age, we could randomly find in villages broken wind mils with axels and gear boxes and anvils in blacksmith place. But also they would be kinda random and rare but the problem i guess that its kinda hard to make world generate your buildings and blocks in villages. Well that was kinda nice idea. But still. Peoples. Hold the topic dont make same mistake like me. I had to do this ;D
For Pete's sake man. There's a suggestion sub-forum if you want to make suggestions. That's probably why I temp-banned you last time, and why I feel obliged to bump it up to a week this time.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Tekei wrote:Sweet! This'll help trmendously!
The potion stack update intrigues me a lot. I'm fairly certain I saw a tewwet from Jeb at some point saying it wasn't possible due to meta data differences in potions with the same effects or something, but you seem to have been able to make it possible all the same. Anyway, I'm off to play with the new update! :D
Really? All I had to do was change the max stack value and it worked fine.

Weird. Makes me worry that there may be side-effects I didn't anticipate, but I really don't think there are :\
hempfields

Post by hempfields »

FlowerChild wrote:
Tekei wrote:Sweet! This'll help trmendously!
Really? All I had to do was change the max stack value and it worked fine.

Weird. Makes me worry that there may be side-effects I didn't anticipate, but I really don't think there are :\
maybe jeb gonna make potions like with two uses. Like you drink half and then other.