FC Interview thingy

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Tekei

Re: FC Interview thingy

Post by Tekei »

Great interview. I really enjoy these things!
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Another excellent interview. FlowerChild was fairly concise and insightful. I always enjoy hearing other people's design philosophies and the reasons behind decisions. The most important thing mentioned was that working with Forge, for FC, was becoming a large negative factor to working on the mod. Now that he's removed it perhaps the fun will return :)

I know how frustrating it can be working with a code base that adhers to a philosophy counter to your own and that's just when I'm getting paid to do it. Projects for fun should be just that, fun!
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

why i love playing btw and being here is... Community is friendly, always gives some ideas and also i like to play it because its still going on and if you come to forum you never gonna be upset, you always find something new here to see. Keep going on and good luck to you two. Now you think what i ment when i sed two. FlowerChild is leader here. He started this mod and community. Battosay52 (that was cool cartoon :D ) you made this community more interested in this mod. You made things that no one even dreamed about before and showed this stuff to us. Also for some ppls now your like information source because you make vids about updates almost at same day as they come up and you show all posibilities and features of what you can do in this awsom mod. So thx for you two. Also im thanking for those who are making texture packs and trying to update them as soon as new items come. So now im finished ;D thx for reading and forgive me, im not good at english. Im from europ>lithuania. I gues you dont care but nvm. Good luck.
foi

Post by foi »

Just as great as the first Interview!

It's always fun to hear people talk about something they're passionate about.
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Nice interview :) *goes off to re-listen to the first interview*. It's really interesting to listen to a programmer perspective as s/he deals with different problems within their chosen field, and I think an invaluable resource if you are hoping to go into the programming field.

P.S. I was just wondering if this will be available in an audio file to download? (I want to put it on my mp3 player like the last interview if that is ok?)
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Rachey wrote:Nice interview :) *goes off to re-listen to the first interview*. It's really interesting to listen to a programmer perspective as s/he deals with different problems within their chosen field, and I think an invaluable resource if you are hoping to go into the programming field.

P.S. I was just wondering if this will be available in an audio file to download? (I want to put it on my mp3 player like the last interview if that is ok?)
Wow there's actually an online converter for such a thing [005]A session with FlowerChild, about the Forge and Better than Wolves Mp3
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Cool interview, though not really all that much new for the regulars around here. Always fun to hear FC talk about his design ideas and goals for the mod, though.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to do this :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! It's good to know it was well received!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Getting to hear the personal viewpoint of a developer who is behind something you like is bound to be interesting, heck it is probably interesting even if you've never touched any of his creations before, at least to me. ;]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said