Splitter

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
hawkcannon

Splitter

Post by hawkcannon »

Splitter

Problem: When building wheat farms, it's very difficult to completely automate replanting. Every once in a while, you need to resupply the block dispensers with seeds.

Suggestion: A splitter block. It would work like a hopper in that it takes in items from the top and, if given a filter, rejects items that don't pass the filter. Unlike a hopper, it has no storage; rather, it has 3 outputs. The bottom output is for items that the hopper's filter rejects (for instance, if the splitter has a grate as a filter, arrows will fall through the bottom). Any items that the filter doesn't reject are ejected from one of the 2 outputs on the sides, in alternating order.

For example, suppose there is a splitter with a grate in it, and 3 seeds and 4 wheat enter it from above. The 3 seeds would fall through the bottom, and 2 wheat would be ejected out of each side.

Sorry if this has already been suggested.
Kwilt

Re: Splitter

Post by Kwilt »

To be honest, I really don't see what function this accomplishes, when you could just have a second hopper that collects the seeds.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

or you could have hoppers over the BDs as normal and one extra at the end, fill them all with bricks but for one slot, and run seeds down them. once you see a redstone output from the extra hopper, the contents can be dumped into the BDs and it resets.

tl;dr, there's already an involved way of doing this.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

This can be done By controlling water flow to the Hoppers above Block dispensers.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Stormweaver wrote:or you could have hoppers over the BDs as normal and one extra at the end, fill them all with bricks but for one slot, and run seeds down them. once you see a redstone output from the extra hopper, the contents can be dumped into the BDs and it resets.

How do you get the collected seeds to go in the hoppers, since the hoppers are a couple of blocks above the current?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

jorgebonafe wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:or you could have hoppers over the BDs as normal and one extra at the end, fill them all with bricks but for one slot, and run seeds down them. once you see a redstone output from the extra hopper, the contents can be dumped into the BDs and it resets.

How do you get the collected seeds to go in the hoppers, since the hoppers are a couple of blocks above the current?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=911 There is this glitch method.
It is not the best but works . But I'm Shaw there is a better way.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

jorgebonafe wrote:

Platforms. We have to use them for something :/
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Stormweaver wrote: Platforms. We have to use them for something :/
You dare dis the lift . shame on you :0
Spoiler
Show
Kidding :)
Or use a chest cart and block dispenser + powered rail and some Hoppers .
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Pistons work for this. If you want to make the piston wiring easier install the mod that makes pistons launch entities.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.