Not getting hopper to function properly

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
FlyingGarlic

Not getting hopper to function properly

Post by FlyingGarlic »

Hi folks,

I am new here and pretty new to BTW.
I am of course totally loving it.

I am having difficulty with getting the hopper to function properly and would like to see if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to figure it out but, well after trying lots of things I'm stuck!

I tried loading my save file with a clean version of MC 3.22 with the prerequisites (+optofine) to see if maybe it was some kind of bug/ mod conflict, but that didn't change anything.

So I have my hopper powered from an axle going into the side of the hopper.
When un-powered anything i put into the hopper stays in the hopper until i turn the power on.
Once the power is on everything goes through the hopper.
OK so everything seems to work to this point.
Problem is anytime I put a filter item into the filter slot of the hopper (ladder, grate, etc)
everything i put into the hopper still goes right through, no filtering happening.
I tried sending ground netherrack through soul sand, and it just goes right through every time, no Hellfire Dust is created.
I believe that a single piece of the filter item is all that's required, right? I haven't read any mention of there needing to be a certain number of the filter item in order for it work.

Please ask any clarifying questions that might be helpful.
Thanks a bunch!
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Not getting hopper to function properly

Post by sargunv »

The filter goes into the top of the hopper, and the items need to go through the filter to be filtered. Instead of using the hopper like a chest, throw the items on top of the hopper.
FlyingGarlic

Post by FlyingGarlic »

THANKS SO MUCH!

(yes i feel silly)

:)
M!C

Post by M!C »

Maybe move this thread to tech support?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

M!C wrote:Maybe move this thread to tech support?
Done.