Fishing nets, heaters, fetilizer bin and coloured lights.

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
LostDose

Fishing nets, heaters, fetilizer bin and coloured lights.

Post by LostDose »

Hey,

I was hoping to chuck a suggestion or two into the ideas pot for possible future consideration.

Fishing - Two options here for improvement, one would be an increase in the variety of fish, how and where you catch them etc, but that doesn't fit in too much with this mod. What I think would fit in though are fishing nets.

They could require a 3x3 of running water to operate, and have the advantage of being left unattended. I don't think they should be too effective, perhaps a fish or two per day, so as not to become imbalanced. Potential of using bait balls to increase efficiency.

Alternatively they could be used in conjunction with boats, trawling the net behind you, for every block of water you pass through you have a small chance to catch a fish.

Furthermore, you could look into using the bi-products some how. Perhaps fishbones could be used for parts in fine machinery? Fish oil could have a use?

Warmth Block - Like a puppy version of a Hibachi, the warmth increase could be a logical process to speed up mushroom growth and could be used to build the fertilizer bin.

Fertilizer bin - Just like you see in many gardens, a bin to chuck all sort of food products. Through a process of time and heat (warmth block) the food could be turned into a fertilizer. Useful for peaceful players or others who just cant kill enough skeletons!

Dyed lights - Just different colored light blocks, mainly asthetic, but has the potential for use in manners such as a combination with detector blocks (perhaps a dye filter in a detector block would mean it would only activate for that colour of light.) Also hemp/weed needs red light in early growth and blue light in end growth to grow most effectively, this could be played into the most professional of grow rooms.

I have a few other ideas kicking around, but I'll leave it there for now. As with the rest of this mod, I've tried to use ideas that focus on above ground play, are not imbalanced and overpowered and are pretty logical things that steve could/would do in his quest for survival and mastery of his environment.

Thanks.
Stormweaver

Re: Fishing nets, heaters, fetilizer bin and coloured lights

Post by Stormweaver »

Subforum rules

I appreciate you've just joined and all, but you're much more likely to get your idea accepted as a good one by the community if you check the rules first.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
LostDose

Post by LostDose »

Stormweaver wrote:Subforum rules

I appreciate you've just joined and all, but you're much more likely to get your idea accepted as a good one by the community if you check the rules first.
I really am sorry, if someone could please delete this topic for me I would be grateful.

Thanks.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

One topic per thread please.

Fishing nets have been suggested plenty of times, and the general idea was its was nice, but not NEEDED in the game by any means of the word.

The Warmth block I don't see as needed, I mean how many mushrooms are you using that you need them to grow any faster than they already do?

Fertilizer has also be suggested before, and since you can already use Foul Food to do the same thing as bonemeal, it is not needed. (Plus FC has said he will not change the game because someone plays on peaceful.)

Dyed lights, as you said mainly atheistic, so not needed at all, although of all your ideas, I personally like dyed lights (and this is the only one that does not use an ID (not that item ID's are scarce, but block ID's are), only meta data (and only for the light on block as well I think, but no more code discussing)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Some of those would be interesting to implement.

The net could break from time to time maybe, the lightblocks would be an interesting twist forcing people to change lights to change growth time, the fertilizer thing isn't really needed because if you mix dung and food together you get fouled food...

ect ect, anyone else for some comments?
LostDose

Post by LostDose »

walker_boh_65 wrote:One topic per thread please.

Fishing nets have been suggested plenty of times, and the general idea was its was nice, but not NEEDED in the game by any means of the word.

The Warmth block I don't see as needed, I mean how many mushrooms are you using that you need them to grow any faster than they already do?

Fertilizer has also be suggested before, and since you can already use Foul Food to do the same thing as bonemeal, it is not needed. (Plus FC has said he will not change the game because someone plays on peaceful.)

Dyed lights, as you said mainly atheistic, so not needed at all, although of all your ideas, I personally like dyed lights (and this is the only one that does not use an ID (not that item ID's are scarce, but block ID's are), only meta data (and only for the light on block as well I think, but no more code discussing)
I feel bad now breaking the forum rules and yet continuing to discuss it, but didn't want to ignore you.

I understand what you are saying about it not being needed, it just seemed to be the only avenue that BTW mod didn't currently improve upon in the base game play and is a feature that is very lacking in my opinion in the vanilla minecraft.

Yes mushrooms grow incredibly slowly for me lol, but I understand where you are coming from.

I also forgot about that addition of foul food as fertilizer (edit: though I struggle to get wolf dung too ), whilst it would make more sense for foul food to become fertilizer in a heated fertilizer, I do understand that it isn't needed.

Well all in all I have learned that ideas need to have more of a need I guess rather than just offering improvement. I will bear this in mind if I have any future ideas and will also adhere to forum rules.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

LostDose wrote: I understand what you are saying about it not being needed, it just seemed to be the only avenue that BTW mod didn't currently improve upon in the base game play and is a feature that is very lacking in my opinion in the vanilla minecraft.
There was talk of having TNT exploded in deep enough water produce fish, not sure what is becoming of that
LostDose wrote: Well all in all I have learned that ideas need to have more of a need I guess rather than just offering improvement. I will bear this in mind if I have any future ideas and will also adhere to forum rules.
Please dont let "it isnt needed stop you", sometimes some good ideas can come from a thread like that, these ideas however have been discussed before, so most peoples' minds were made on the subject.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Locked.