Mining Glowstone with Steel always yields perfect drop

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
ilovekintoki

Mining Glowstone with Steel always yields perfect drop

Post by ilovekintoki »

As per title, I suggest the full 4 Glowstone Dust drop indiscriminately when you use a Steel Pickaxe to mine Glowstone. I think it would be a(nother) suitable reward for climbing up the tech tree.
grimper12341

Re: Mining Glowstone with Steel always yields perfect drop

Post by grimper12341 »

Yeh considering how difficult is is to get the glowstone in the first place it makes me sad when it drops little :(

Seems like a reasonable perk for steel tools :3
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I like this one. Being able to move glowstone around cost free seems like a good reward. Hell, I'd say it could just mine the glowstone block itself, but then recipes requiring glowstone dust would be a bit annoying to use :p
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

In 1.9, you just enchant your pick and it makes it drop lightstone blocks. I'm not sure if this is a very future proof suggestion
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Gilberreke wrote:In 1.9, you just enchant your pick and it makes it drop lightstone blocks. I'm not sure if this is a very future proof suggestion

Yeah but there is a very small chance of getting that enchantment, especially if you are randomly trying to get it.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I've never had trouble getting glowstone dust. One trip to the nether I managed to pick up twelve full stacks of it before I found the soulsand I went in for. Considering how cheap light blocks are to produce I'm not sure I see the benefit.
Better is the enemy of Good
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gilberreke wrote:In 1.9, you just enchant your pick and it makes it drop lightstone blocks. I'm not sure if this is a very future proof suggestion
and like someone said, the blocks are kinda useless recipie-wise.

I agree with this. Wouldn't mind seeing a similar effect for lapis as well, as that can be iriitating when you finally find some.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

As the steel tools are fairly nicely balanced in terms of time and resources invested to reward, perhaps this would be better being a perk of the next tier of tools, if there is to be a next tier of tools!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.