Morvy's Madness

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Re: Morvy's Madness

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:
BinoAl wrote:Right after using his soul to make armor and farming his crap in the last, dark, lonely moments of his life :D
Hmmmm...now for the tough balance questions:

If he voided his bowels during the last moments of his breath-holding life, should you be able to tan leather with it?
Hm... I don't see any reason why not. You have a choice between keeping him alive enough to constantly be producing dung, or killing him and getting much more, but none in the future. It certainly brings up interesting choices.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: Hm... I don't see any reason why not. You have a choice between keeping him alive enough to constantly be producing dung, or killing him and getting much more, but none in the future. It certainly brings up interesting choices.
But he's already dead, meaning that using him as a continual source of dung is pretty much a non-option.

Maybe if you leave his dung-soaked corpse as-is you can farm mushrooms off it or something?
Dralnalak

Post by Dralnalak »

FlowerChild wrote:But he's already dead, meaning that using him as a continual source of dung is pretty much a non-option.
How about stuffing some soul sand into his corpse to bring him temporarily back to life, stuffing him with enough pork to generate some more dung, then letting him die and re-void his bowels. Repeat as necessary until you've cured all the leather you need.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

OhGodwhathaveIdone.

Oh, that's right. Science!

That, and next fall's fashion. I call it 'Peau de la Tekei'.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Ok, you silly boys. Update made. You can breathe again, Tekei.

And I've got a lot of thinking about the exact layout I want to do. This layer will link up to a higher level via a secret mechanism or three, but for it to work right I'll need to plan some things out in advance. I've got what layers I want to do with this project planned out already, but yeah... Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for all the feedback as well guys. It's meant a lot to me.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

morvelaira wrote:Ok, you silly boys. Update made. You can breathe again, Tekei.
I'm not sure if I'm actually dead or not. Just got woken up by a phone call but did I wake up or am I simply dreaming?
Thanks for providing me with enough morning entertainment for today, guys. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Tekei wrote: I'm not sure if I'm actually dead or not. Just got woken up by a phone call but did I wake up or am I simply dreaming?
You're actually in a simulation of what your life might have been if you hadn't been in that horribly disfiguring car accident.

Don't tell anyone.
DaWhiskers

Post by DaWhiskers »

Dralnalak wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:But he's already dead, meaning that using him as a continual source of dung is pretty much a non-option.
How about stuffing some soul sand into his corpse to bring him temporarily back to life, stuffing him with enough pork to generate some more dung, then letting him die and re-void his bowels. Repeat as necessary until you've cured all the leather you need.
Waste of perfectly useful pork in my opinion.
Due to the already dead state, surely a better option would be to use zombie flesh, after all, how bad will the effect of poisoning an already dead body be?
Urian

Post by Urian »

DaWhiskers wrote:
Dralnalak wrote: Waste of perfectly useful pork in my opinion.
Due to the already dead state, surely a better option would be to use zombie flesh, after all, how bad will the effect of poisoning an already dead body be?
Well, we might infect him with zombie-ism and then how will we get rid of him? Well, I suppose a handy lawnmower could help...
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
DaWhiskers

Post by DaWhiskers »

Urian wrote:
DaWhiskers wrote:
Dralnalak wrote: Waste of perfectly useful pork in my opinion.
Well, we might infect him with zombie-ism and then how will we get rid of him? Well, I suppose a handy lawnmower could help...
Why get rid of him, I mean, think of the savings....

No more child minder costs, no more kids from down the street banging on your door to get their football back, instant realistic doorman for your halloween parties... I'm only seeing bonus' here!!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

morvelaira wrote:(Ok, so I used creative mode to put the bedrock in around the corners. So sue me.)
Please expect my lawyer to be contacting you shortly.
Last edited by jorgebonafe on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

FlowerChild wrote:
Tekei wrote: I'm not sure if I'm actually dead or not. Just got woken up by a phone call but did I wake up or am I simply dreaming?
You're actually in a simulation of what your life might have been if you hadn't been in that horribly disfiguring car accident.

Don't tell anyone.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm, in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hiri-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
M!C

Post by M!C »

Thanks for the entertainment guys, I haven't laughed like this in months. :)

Oh, and Morvelaira? Can I hire you? I need at least two more of these towers:
The diameter is 40 blocks btw so you wouldn't even need to accustom to a new size. :P
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote: Oh, and Morvelaira? Can I hire you? I need at least two more of these towers:
The diameter is 40 blocks btw so you wouldn't even need to accustom to a new size. :P
Jesus H Christ on a rubber crutch! That's one hell of a gaping orifice you have there!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

That really depends, M!C... What are you going to pay me?

Also, I'm envisioning this layer as a vault if you couldn't tell. Any redstone gurus want to guide me on the security systems I want to put in place? Battosay? I promise I love you for more than redstone when you put things in my hole...

... Wait a minute...
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Is this just vMC?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

jorgebonafe wrote:Is this just vMC?
Yep. Been talk of adding buildcraft, but I've been told the latest build of it is broken for SMP. Husband likes to have the latest and greatest, so we'll wait until it's working again.
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:
M!C wrote: Oh, and Morvelaira? Can I hire you? I need at least two more of these towers:
Jesus H Christ on a rubber crutch! That's one hell of a gaping orifice you have there!
The rest of it can be seen here.
morvelaira wrote:That really depends, M!C... What are you going to pay me?

Also, I'm envisioning this layer as a vault if you couldn't tell. Any redstone gurus want to guide me on the security systems I want to put in place? Battosay? I promise I love you for more than redstone when you put things in my hole...

... Wait a minute...
I know you're not planning a tower but it looks exactly like my construction site a few months ago. ;)

Oh and I don't think I can afford you. :P
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

M!C wrote: Oh and I don't think I can afford you. :P
I can't decide if I should be offended or flattered by the implications there. Probably both.

*smacks M!C*
Why thank you, good sir.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

morvelaira wrote:Also, I'm envisioning this layer as a vault if you couldn't tell. Any redstone gurus want to guide me on the security systems I want to put in place? Battosay? I promise I love you for more than redstone when you put things in my hole...
I'd be happy to help. I'm not as godly as Batto, but I have enough of a working knowledge to do pretty much anything you need. I also know that my designs are more streamlined, at least, than Vankras on morphine. I haven't seen him working clean though, so I don't know how he usually is.

Basically just tell my what you want to do, how much space I have to do it, what opens, and what traps murder the unsuspecting bastard who does it wrong :D
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
M!C

Post by M!C »

morvelaira wrote:
M!C wrote: Oh and I don't think I can afford you. :P
I can't decide if I should be offended or flattered by the implications there. Probably both.

*smacks M!C*
Why thank you, good sir.
Ouch, that hurt! ;)

As a reminder: I never mean to imply anything ... ever ... :P
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Just to let you know, the next step of the project is stymied for me by the fact that I hate red stone. I may try to just move up to the next couple of layers and do things that way.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Morv, if you want, I could break down my lock contraption into distinct pieces. Would make it easier to work.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

It's been a few days.

How's you're hole doing morv? It's at the point where I have to know the stats.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

It's going slow. I'm form molding a couple layers of the tower in obsidian, which is tedious. If you're curious, I am trying to livestream from time to time at http://www.livestream.com/morvysmad?t=705958

There's only one real episode up now, but any time I'm building the tower from here on out, I'll be streaming.