Battosay's video corner

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Case

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 07/07 : The Screen)

Post by Case »

So simple yet so effective. Very nice...Lord Turtle.
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 07/07 : The Screen)

Post by Battosay »

Added the Slime farm :
Urian

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 09/07 : The Slime farm)

Post by Urian »

Yay for slime farms! Have you got any problems with spawns getting stuck in the aligner? I've noted that the smallest slimes tend to clog up on the sides of the lowest part, right before the ladder. They do climb up but it takes quite a while.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Creepig

Post by Creepig »

Battosay, again I am humbled by your architecture and your mechanics.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Urian wrote:Yay for slime farms! Have you got any problems with spawns getting stuck in the aligner? I've noted that the smallest slimes tend to clog up on the sides of the lowest part, right before the ladder. They do climb up but it takes quite a while.
Yep, same here. But I noticed that it wasn't happening when you're away from the spawning pads. After building the basis of the farm, I spent two hours doing the aesthetical aspect, and when I checked the hoppers I had already 120 slimeballs. So don't worry, they won't stay stuck when you're not watching ;)
That's just because their behavior change when you're around.

Creepig wrote:Battosay, again I am humbled by your architecture and your mechanics.
Thanks you sir :)
TheAbyss90

Post by TheAbyss90 »

My goodness Battosay. Not only do you come up with amazing contraptions.. You even deck them out with amazing visuals. *notes to self* Come up with and complete something that is on par with Battosay's constructions. Yeah like that will happen but its good to aim high right? Keep up the good work! Im looking forward to your next awe inspiring device! :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

For the screen show i was wondering how you were able to power the stacks of DBs... could you possibally post a screenie of how it was wired up?
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Urian

Post by Urian »

jamestully22 wrote:For the screen show i was wondering how you were able to power the stacks of DBs... could you possibally post a screenie of how it was wired up?
You can power two BDs on top of each other simply by powering the upper one with redstone that sits on a block touching the lower BD.

He already did:
Battosay wrote: To power them well, the simpliest way in the MC world :
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
The BD are under the grey wool.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Firstly, I'd like to say that Battosay, your videos are amazing. But, I'm not that good so I have to try and copy your creations! Haha.

I've been copying your Auto Hemp Farm tutorial video to get one for myself but it's still not working. I think it's something to do with the wiring. Here's a picture of the setup at the moment:
Spoiler
Show
Do you have any idea what I've messed up and why it's not working? Thanks.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Stephen wrote:Firstly, I'd like to say that Battosay, your videos are amazing. But, I'm not that good so I have to try and copy your creations! Haha.
Stephen wrote:Do you have any idea what I've messed up and why it's not working? Thanks.
Yeah, just put the redstone dust behind your detectors 1 block bellow, because they're not transmiting the signal the ways you did it. It has to be on the same level as the Detector :)
And maybe put some glass on that wall in the middle, otherwise the hemp might get stuck in the middle sometimes.
Nice design btw :)
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hey, thanks for replying.

Here's how it looks now:
Spoiler
Show
The design is basically yours so thanks for that too! :)

Edit: It works now, thank you. :)
Last edited by Stephen on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Stephen wrote:Hey, thanks for replying. I think I've done what you said but it's still not working. I'm such an idiot. Haha.

Here's how it looks now:

-picture-
Any ideas?
The design is basically yours so thanks for that too! :)
In what doesn't it work? I tried recreating that design and it seemed to work when I did a quick check.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi Urian, I just looked again and it is working now. Just earlier it wasn't chopping off the top of the hemp but it is now.
Thanks for all the help! :)
Senjai

Post by Senjai »

Battosay, Good show!

I will donate, to you, two doublechests of freshly extracted gravel for your texture pack.

Have your people contact my people and we'll draft a contract ;)
The person who risks nothing, Does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing. They may avoid suffering and sorrow,
But they cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, live.
Only the person who risks can be free
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

You are seriously a visionary!!! I am blown away by how you implement your ideas. I was pleased to get a damn light block to work hehehe. Awesome work and fabulous intro screen too :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Added BTW 101 Chapter#1 :

Kitty wrote:You are seriously a visionary!!! I am blown away by how you implement your ideas. I was pleased to get a damn light block to work hehehe. Awesome work and fabulous intro screen too :)
Thanks a lot :)
I think the video I just added should help you :)
JWA

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 10/07: Tuto: BTW 101 Cha

Post by JWA »

Hey Battosay, I love your title sequence and the tutorial is extremely helpful. So a powered light block will transmit to other lightblocks in contact, but not across a redstone piece inbetween? Oie this would have saved me having to run wiring for all the lights instead of just making more lights.

You guys should make that giant...um phallus launch wolves out of the top lol.
christonian

Post by christonian »

Thank You very much keep it up great Tutorial
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

I had a question about the Dung factory. Is there any chance for baddies to spawn in the dark room? My Dung factory was going to just be a wolf sitting on a hopper, encased in stone in a wall. Any chance that a mob will spawn in there with it? Thinking of it now, I might have to add a new "Carbonite" painting.
charon711

Post by charon711 »

good god man your good at what you do! keep up the tutorials :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Riveter wrote:I had a question about the Dung factory. Is there any chance for baddies to spawn in the dark room? My Dung factory was going to just be a wolf sitting on a hopper, encased in stone in a wall. Any chance that a mob will spawn in there with it? Thinking of it now, I might have to add a new "Carbonite" painting.
Not if you build it correctly. Make sure that the floor is entirely covered by water and you might want to have the wolves sit on something that mobs can't spawn on, glass seems to be the material of choice.
Urian

Post by Urian »

A request for a video: Could you make a tutorial for how to empty a minecart and send it back to be refilled again? :) I've got a system somewhat working but it's frikkin' huge and your system seems to be way more compact :D
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Urian wrote:A request for a video: Could you make a tutorial for how to empty a minecart and send it back to be refilled again? :) I've got a system somewhat working but it's frikkin' huge and your system seems to be way more compact :D
Heck, I didn't planned to do this one so soon. Seeing the incredible number of comments saying that they didn't understand anything, even from the tutorials, I decided to go back to the basis, and keep the hardcore tutorials for latter.
I'll try to do it sooner, but I have at least 6 or 7 tutorials already filmed that I have to encode and upload before recording anything new :/
For info, my original version takes something like a 8x8x20deep space, but I made another in a 10x10x5 space.
Urian

Post by Urian »

8*8*20 sounds like what I've got as well, it's really quite large when looking at it on the surface :p

Take your time, I'm currently thinking of going with manual control for emptying and simply putting the controls for all gather points in one place. I might miss some items but if I stack several (powered) hoppers in a column for the more productive farms, then I should be able to go for several days before needing to empty them.
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 13/07: BTW 101 #2 hemp &

Post by Battosay »

Added BTW 101 #2 :