Problems with Hemp Seeds 1.9.6

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
jzburda

Problems with Hemp Seeds 1.9.6

Post by jzburda »

I blown a diamond hoe trying to get a single hemp seed, but it never happened. Why is that happening? I even had it with NO other mods.
Stormweaver

Re: Problems with Hemp Seeds 1.9.6

Post by Stormweaver »

Probably almost certainly an installation problem. Re-install, making sure everything's in the right place (modloader, forge and BTW should all be put into the JAR)
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
jzburda

Post by jzburda »

Also, which one in order should i install first? forge? or modloader? they seem to take up the same class.
ill check it out in a sec.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

jzburda wrote:Also, which one in order should i install first? forge? or modloader? they seem to take up the same class.
ill check it out in a sec.
modloader, forge, then BTW.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Not a bug. Moving to tech support.
jzburda

Post by jzburda »

actually its there. But, it must be an error with what comes out of it. i grabbed a diamond hoe the sec i got in Creative. I swear its there.
[url]file:///C:/Users/jzburda/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2011-10-12_19.44.17.png[/url]
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

jzburda wrote:actually its there. But, it must be an error with what comes out of it. i grabbed a diamond hoe the sec i got in Creative. I swear its there.
[url]file:///C:/Users/jzburda/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/2011-10-12_19.44.17.png[/url]
You'll have to upload the screenshot to the web for us to use it, try dropbox or imgur.

Forge will overwrite some modloader files, and BTW will overwrite some Forge files, this is no problem as they extend the functionality of the previous, not remove it.

To ensure you have the mod installed correctly, you can try crafting a wooden gear, or you can also install the Too Many Items mod and see if the BTW objects show up there.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

gftweek wrote:To ensure you have the mod installed correctly, you can try crafting a wooden gear, or you can also install the Too Many Items mod and see if the BTW objects show up there.
Or just go in creative mode and check if hemp seeds are there. No need for TMI
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

As storm said said, most likely an install error, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1284, and here is an install guide
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Gilberreke wrote:
gftweek wrote:To ensure you have the mod installed correctly, you can try crafting a wooden gear, or you can also install the Too Many Items mod and see if the BTW objects show up there.
Or just go in creative mode and check if hemp seeds are there. No need for TMI
I haven't tested this myself, but I thought someone complained that they did not show up even when installed correctly as the creative mode list of blocks and items is a custom selection, so things don't appear there automatically and FC hasn't had a chance to implement them there yet.
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

I haven't tested this myself, but I thought someone complained that they did not show up even when installed correctly as the creative mode list of blocks and items is a custom selection, so things don't appear there automatically and FC hasn't had a chance to implement them there yet.
He's talking about mod blocks(blocks that can be placed in the world). Hemp seeds, which are an item show up just fine in creative mode.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

It didnt work with me neither, i had to clear the tall grass of a whole island to get 3 hemp seeds...
I also installed in that order and i kept without hemp seeds, that is a bug...
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

GabLann4 wrote:It didnt work with me neither, i had to clear the tall grass of a whole island to get 3 hemp seeds...
If you managed to get hemp seeds at all then it isn't a bug, they are intentionally rare, hence the creative mode check for the item being required to see if the install was successful, as suggested above.
Dralnalak

Post by Dralnalak »

GabLann4 wrote:It didnt work with me neither, i had to clear the tall grass of a whole island to get 3 hemp seeds...
That sounds about right. When I collected hemp seeds to start my fields in my latest world, I had to clear so many tall grass that I was running about 12-13 wheat seeds for every hemp seed I found.

If you have a couple of hemp seeds, plant them and wait for the hemp to be two blocks high. Harvest just the top block. You will sometimes get another hemp seed as well as the hemp. I went from three plants to about a dozen this way while doing other things to set up my base over a period of Minecraft days.
screally

Post by screally »

Have you got any other mods?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

screally wrote:Have you got any other mods?
Last sentence of the OP.
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

There are hoes for a reason.
IGN: Camerinthus
jzburda

Post by jzburda »

@Gilberreke well no duh. i just said that.
@gftweek Everything else works, but the damn hemp seeds.
@walker_boh_65 idiot. its is not a installation error. everything else but the new drop from tall grass.
@screally read the entire post, idiot. the most idiotic of all.
I installed this EXACTLY what u said to. Maybe it did not install fully? or would that corrupt the .rar that its in?
jzburda

Post by jzburda »

ill just Mcedit them in. might just be not fully downloaded.
EDIT: planting the hemp works fine
Last edited by jzburda on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

look, hemp seeds are supposed to have very low drop rates, if you get them at all there is no error.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

jzburda wrote:@Gilberreke well no duh. i just said that.
@walker_boh_65 idiot. its is not a installation error. everything else but the new drop from tall grass.
I installed this EXACTLY what u said to. Maybe it did not install fully? or would that corrupt the .rar that its in?
You are the only one experiencing this problem, so it's definitely an installation error.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

jzburda wrote:ill just Mcedit them in. might just be not fully downloaded.
Lets look at this from a different angle. You are right-clicking grass blocks with a hoe, right?

You don't have to answer that one ^, but it's good to check. Instead, run on creative and grab a BTW steel hoe. Then right click on some grass for, say, 10 seconds. you will get hemp seeds. If you don't, it's an installation error.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

jzburda wrote:@Gilberreke well no duh. i just said that.
If you are looking for help, you shouldn't insult the people helping you, you just decrease your chances of being helped or increase your chance of being blocked or banned. They are just trying to cover all the bases in case something was missed unintentionally, you didn't give much in the way of details so we can't know if it is installed correctly or not.

The most likely cases if it wasn't installed correctly is that either Minecraft would not run, or all of the blocks and items would be missing, just having some items missing is unlikely if you have no other mods, hemp seeds are rare drops from both tilling soil (although more likely with a higher tier hoes, as you mentioned) and breaking tall grass.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

jzburda wrote: @walker_boh_65 idiot. its is not a installation error. everything else but the new drop from tall grass.
woah woah woah, i missed this part, thanks for other people quoting it, im done helping you, perhaps you would get some help if you did what gftweek said
jzburda

Post by jzburda »

i only made an account just to ask why this is happening to me. i am sorry to those who have been insulted. I have major anger management issues, you know....