Item Pressure Plate

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
GabLann4

Item Pressure Plate

Post by GabLann4 »

One idea:

I was making a vending machine with mine carts with chests and in which someone sends u a diamond and gets a iron pickaxe on multiplayer, but i remembered that i had nothing that could prove that he actually sent me a diamond, so i remembered about obsidian pressure plates on this mod and how they could only activate when a player passes trough them, so i had a idea:
What about a pressure plate in which you place one or more item(s) inside it and it only activates when the item there is inside it passes though, think about it as a filter on the hopper. And u could make a detector rail which would only activate if the minecart with chest had this selected item inside it!
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.
Stormweaver

Re: Item Pressure Plate

Post by Stormweaver »

so...an item-only pressure plate which can detect what the item is?, and a similar detector rail.

I can't actually think of a non-multiplayer use for it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Stormweaver wrote:so...an item-only pressure plate which can detect what the item is?, and a similar detector rail.

I can't actually think of a non-multiplayer use for it.
I can, but none of them use BTW alone (such as a BC quarry (even if this can already be done)) so, i also can not see a use
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

but it is a item specially made for multyplayer,

and it is a detector rail...
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

GabLann4 wrote:but it is a item specially made for multyplayer,

and it is a detector rail...
...but this mod isnt even SMP yet
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Hmm, I think it would make things a little easy if you knew exactly what was in a hopper/minecart chest, probably a little bit overpowered.

Since the mod isn't implemented for multiplayer yet, I don't think it really fits.

Also I think 1 diamond per iron pickaxe is a little high, iron is much easier to get, and is recyclable with BTW.

If you are using mods on your server though IC2 has a vending machine block that takes IC2 coins and dispenses items based on the price you set, there are probably plenty of other multiplayer mods that achieve similar effects too.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

thats whan im saying, when the multiplyer comes out we may use this, it would be placed n the mod when the multiplyer comes out!
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

but why would you want an item purely for SMP, i dont think that i am following your thought possess? also, what does this have to do with BTW?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Explain the physics behind this thing? I don't see any way Steve could x-ray into minecarts to see what's inside, combined with image recognition for automation...
GabLann4 wrote:thats whan im saying, when the multiplyer comes out we may use this, it would be placed n the mod when the multiplyer comes out!
The SMP version might still be a long time away, if it ever happens.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I've still got nothing.

The only real...justification for this being in BTW is the addition of the additional pressure plates, way back when. Since then, the mod has developed direction, and a nicely done tech tree. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't adding 2(?) new block IDs (i say ? because I'm doubtful it could be squashed into an existing one, given this would need a GUI) for an out of context, SMP idea in a game which is really, really SSP right now, just seems...I don't even know.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

This is the biggest mod ever, it will happen, and it is a idea for the future.

That would also work for factories.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Hmm. The thing is, we already have a fun version of item sorting in the hoppers as is, and...beyond your example of someone sending you a diamond, how would you not know what's in a chest anyway? The awesome thing with factories, is that you normally control what's going on in them.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

So you have no reasoning for this being in BTW other then it is a big mod? I all of processes (if not all) can already be automated, check out Battosay52 on YouTube. I do not see this thread going anywhere so i am requesting a lock.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

I could see this as a good idea. that way you could make a mob grinder even more automated. Have hoppers filter the items into certain minecarts then those carts go to specific areas which would trigger a signal so that you know when you have bones or gunpowder ready to be added to the cache.
Glox

Post by Glox »

You can actually do this already, but FC said he might change it because he thought it was overpowered. A hopper with 1 diamond and clay in all the other slots can only suck in diamonds, other items will stay on top of it. You can use that along with detector blocks to determine if a diamond was given or something else.
Now if FC thinks this is OP why would he plan on nerfing it and then later use up block ID's to accomplish the exact same thing?
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

Glox wrote:You can actually do this already, but FC said he might change it because he thought it was overpowered. A hopper with 1 diamond and clay in all the other slots can only suck in diamonds, other items will stay on top of it. You can use that along with detector blocks to determine if a diamond was given or something else.
Now if FC thinks this is OP why would he plan on nerfing it and then later use up block ID's to accomplish the exact same thing?
i found out that it exists in IC, so forget and lock this...