M!C's News Compilation

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
M!C

Re: M!C's News Compilation

Post by M!C »

Sorry for the delay guys!

I couldn't find the time for updating this yesterday ...

Anyway here are the top news:

Dragons will be added! (sorry FC ;) )

Reproduction of wolves is in the works!
Last edited by M!C on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

What's wrong with dragons?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

M!C wrote: 10:11 AM
Markus Persson
We need to separate mobs from their AIs so we can do behaviors easier. Getting wolves to reproduce is a mess at the moment.
http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/122584835196854272!
Well why the hell would you want them to reproduce?;)
M!C

Post by M!C »

jorgebonafe wrote:
What's wrong with dragons?
Fc doesn't like them. Somewhere in the rules he said he'd ban anyone asking for them to be in the mod ... and now they will be in vMC ...
walker_boh_65 wrote:
M!C wrote: 10:11 AM
Markus Persson
We need to separate mobs from their AIs so we can do behaviors easier. Getting wolves to reproduce is a mess at the moment.
http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/122584835196854272!
Well why the hell would you want them to reproduce?;)
No idea ... ;)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

I wouldn't like Dragons either if people harassed me to add something I knew was coming in Vanilla anyway. Some people have no patience at all
SCIENCE!
M!C

Post by M!C »

Magmarashi wrote:I wouldn't like Dragons either if people harassed me to add something I knew was coming in Vanilla anyway. Some people have no patience at all
Nah, FC wrote that about 2 months ago ... nobody including him knew Mojang was going to add dragons.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

M!C wrote:
Magmarashi wrote:I wouldn't like Dragons either if people harassed me to add something I knew was coming in Vanilla anyway. Some people have no patience at all
Nah, FC wrote that about 2 months ago ... nobody including him knew Mojang was going to add dragons.
Notch talked about Dragons since before Infdev, so "nobody" isn't really accurate. It is like the Adventure elements and the Enchanting/Alchemy, those of us who followed him back before the fame explosion have been anticipating these recent changes a great deal.

edit: there used to be a sticky in the Discussion section of the MCF, back before it went to complete shit, for keeping track of the features and little details of things not-yet released. I am not surprised to see it got lost somewhere in the many grand restructurings of everything. Pity.
SCIENCE!
Urian

Post by Urian »

Indeed, these changes aren't exactly something new - rather have they been mentioned by Notch so long ago that people have forgotten them (or newer players hadn't gotten interested in MC back then). I welcome these new changes and think that they add significantly more to vMC than any update has in nearly a year.

What I find especially funny, is that some people have complained that these new changes "doesn't fit the MC atmosphere"... Really? MC is an unfinished game and these are changes made (and in several cases planned a long time ago) by the developer. They arethe atmosphere so saying it doesn't feel right is a bit odd :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Urian wrote: What I find especially funny, is that some people have complained that these new changes "doesn't fit the MC atmosphere"... Really? MC is an unfinished game and these are changes made (and in several cases planned a long time ago) by the developer. They arethe atmosphere so saying it doesn't feel right is a bit odd :)
Still, it is always good for a laugh whenever someone says it
SCIENCE!
M!C

Post by M!C »

Magmarashi wrote: Notch talked about Dragons since before Infdev, so "nobody" isn't really accurate. It is like the Adventure elements and the Enchanting/Alchemy, those of us who followed him back before the fame explosion have been anticipating these recent changes a great deal.

edit: there used to be a sticky in the Discussion section of the MCF, back before it went to complete shit, for keeping track of the features and little details of things not-yet released. I am not surprised to see it got lost somewhere in the many grand restructurings of everything. Pity.
I started my minecraft-career with beta 1.5 I think ... that IS late.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Can't really damn you for not knowing, the Minecraft community at large didn't exactly make it easy to keep records of these things what with deleting the topics for some unknown reason. I just tend to remember these sorts of details for a very long time.
SCIENCE!
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Urian wrote:Indeed, these changes aren't exactly something new - rather have they been mentioned by Notch so long ago that people have forgotten them (or newer players hadn't gotten interested in MC back then). I welcome these new changes and think that they add significantly more to vMC than any update has in nearly a year.

What I find especially funny, is that some people have complained that these new changes "doesn't fit the MC atmosphere"... Really? MC is an unfinished game and these are changes made (and in several cases planned a long time ago) by the developer. They arethe atmosphere so saying it doesn't feel right is a bit odd :)
I totally agree with you there. What exactly is the "minecraft feel" then? It seems to fit perfectly to me. Especially considering how many mods have already added similar functions. Some people out there certainly seem to think it needed to be added.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

M!C wrote:
Magmarashi wrote: Notch talked about Dragons since before Infdev, so "nobody" isn't really accurate. It is like the Adventure elements and the Enchanting/Alchemy, those of us who followed him back before the fame explosion have been anticipating these recent changes a great deal.

I started my minecraft-career with beta 1.5 I think ... that IS late.
I had bought it just before the halloween update. Coming on my one year anniversary with minecraft :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote: Fc doesn't like them. Somewhere in the rules he said he'd ban anyone asking for them to be in the mod ... and now they will be in vMC ...
Did I? I have no problem with dragons actually. I may have said that about suggesting them as they really don't fit the mod, but it wasn't a statement about dragons in general.

And yeah, I've been expecting something like this as an "end game condition" (Notch mentioned a long time ago that he wanted Minecraft to have an ending) for a long time, so it really doesn't come as a surprise. Given the rarity of strongholds, I was expecting them to have something to do with the end-game, and it looks like they may given that's where the portals to this other realm appear.

I will say that I DO think dragons are a little overdone in the fantasy genre, but no biggy. I recently finished all the books from the "Game of Thrones" series and I thought the dragons were one of the weakest elements. I usually stay a mile-away from fantasy literature (I overdosed on it in my youth), but that series really grabbed hold of me partly due to its quasi-realistic feel and the way it downplays the supernatural elements within it.
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:
M!C wrote: Fc doesn't like them. Somewhere in the rules he said he'd ban anyone asking for them to be in the mod ... and now they will be in vMC ...
Did I? I have no problem with dragons actually. I may have said that about suggesting them as they really don't fit the mod, but it wasn't a statement about dragons in general.

And yeah, I've been expecting something like this as an "end game condition" (Notch mentioned a long time ago that he wanted Minecraft to have an ending) for a long time, so it really doesn't come as a surprise. Given the rarity of strongholds, I was expecting them to have something to do with the end-game, and it looks like they may given that's where the portals to this other realm appear.

I will say that I DO think dragons are a little overdone in the fantasy genre, but no biggy. I recently finished all the books from the "Game of Thrones" series and I thought the dragons were one of the weakest elements. I usually stay a mile-away from fantasy literature (I overdosed on it in my youth), but that series really grabbed hold of me partly due to its quasi-realistic feel and the way it downplays the supernatural elements within it.
Sorry, I misunderstood you there.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Bit dry on Ye Olde Twitterz today huh.
Oh well, doesn't stop me checking this page every five seconds !
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
M!C

Post by M!C »

FurkeyRefills wrote:Bit dry on Ye Olde Twitterz today huh.
Oh well, doesn't stop me checking this page every five seconds !
Not my fault! Believe it's worse to see a new tweet every 10 minutes hoping it's something interesting and then being disappointed.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Oh No, I never said it was your fault man.
Just a statement ;)
Not to be taken seriously !
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Actually, I think FC was talking about those little dragon egg/baby things you find in peoples signatures, which are definitely annoying.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Noodlerex wrote:Actually, I think FC was talking about those little dragon egg/baby things you find in peoples signatures, which are definitely annoying.
Ah, that's it. I didn't remember saying anything about in-game dragons before now, but yeah, I hate those fucking forum-games :)
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

God that was ages ago, feels like years now, considering how this mod has progressed !
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

You do well in reading Game of thrones, it is a very enjoyable book series. The fantasy aspects of it aren't really overdone and the dragons are a nuisance most of the time than anything else.
It reminds me of the War of the Roses over in U.K., with all the conspiracies and backstabbing. Wouldn't like to be between those sharks.
The series is amazingly well-made too, I suggest everyone checks it out. It has sex, politics, wars and a 10 million dollar budget for the first season :)

Also, rainbow dragons?
Spoiler
Show
Lol
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
Urian

Post by Urian »

Puff the magic dragon was so that Notch could keep track what texture went where on the dragon :p It looks a bit better now, fortunately (although it's still only the base texture);
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Urian wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I'd be happy if it stayed like that tbh. Looks kinda nice.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Quesoman wrote:You do well in reading Game of thrones, it is a very enjoyable book series. The fantasy aspects of it aren't really overdone and the dragons are a nuisance most of the time than anything else.
It reminds me of the War of the Roses over in U.K., with all the conspiracies and backstabbing. Wouldn't like to be between those sharks.
The series is amazingly well-made too, I suggest everyone checks it out. It has sex, politics, wars and a 10 million dollar budget for the first season :)
Well, you have a good eye, as it's loosely based on the War of the Roses.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire