Thank you Flower Child

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Folrig

Re: Thank you Flower Child

Post by Folrig »

I remember my first post...

I was completely blown away by the wood panels, moulding, and corners. And that was't even scratching the surface of what BTW would become.

Well done FlowerChild. And thank you for all of your hard work.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

And Simone blows us all out of the water... Good job.

I know I've never said it, but thanks much for the BTW experience, FC. You are actually the reason I started playing without 'cheating' by using TMI. IC couldn't get me to do it. Buildcraft couldn't get me to do it. Only Better than Wolves did.
Great work and hope to see it continue until Minecraft blows up in our face. Then I'll hope we can pay you for your hard work by buying the game you'll hopefully build out of frustration.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
rbh

Post by rbh »

A little explanation : "En voiture Simone" is an old expression literally meaning "In the car Simone". It was used in an old TV show : "Intervilles" by one of the male animator to the female one.
For Monique : the expression is "Monique, 2 qui la tienne, 3 qui la nique" it was brought to us by Coluche and it means : "Monique, 2 who hold her, 3 who fuck her".

Sorry for derailing the topic, I know it already happened in the original MCF thread when we talked for about 2 pages about a French translation of the mod name and FC taught me a Canadian expression "Mieux que l'esti chien sale".
I can't promise it won't happen again but I'll try to control myself.
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

rbh wrote:Snip
Thank you for that explanation, but the next joke made will be mine.

I shall have my revenge. In spanish. >:)
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Major thanks for the outpouring of support here guys. It does me good :)
rbh wrote: Sorry for derailing the topic, I know it already happened in the original MCF thread when we talked for about 2 pages about a French translation of the mod name and FC taught me a Canadian expression "Mieux que l'esti chien sale".
Lol...well, I suspect you may be getting a second lesson shortly:

The difference between Canadian and Quebecois ;)
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

FlowerChild wrote:Major thanks for the outpouring of support here guys. It does me good :)
rbh wrote: Sorry for derailing the topic, I know it already happened in the original MCF thread when we talked for about 2 pages about a French translation of the mod name and FC taught me a Canadian expression "Mieux que l'esti chien sale".
Lol...well, I suspect you may be getting a second lesson shortly:

Canadian: During war one who can become one of the greatest forces to be reckoned with. Also capable of drinking lots of beer and knows why poutine is awesome good idea.

Quebecois: Sort of like someone from france except they can say they helped win a war. Also known as whiny little bitches
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Brethern wrote:Canadian: During war one who can become one of the greatest forces to be reckoned with. Also capable of drinking lots of beer and knows why poutine is awesome good idea.

Quebecois: Sort of like someone from france except they can say they helped win a war. Also known as whiny little bitches
Oi vey. I grew up in Quebec man, and despite originally being an anglophone, I have a great deal of respect of Quebecois culture, and have had many friends and lovers that are Quebecois. I'm also a separatist.

Just to say: probably best we not get into this.

EDIT:

Actually, sorry man, but the above disgusts me so heavily it just resulted in a temporary ban due to it bordering on racial prejudice. You managed to heavily attack both the French and the Quebecois in one post.

I suggest you take the time out to do a little research on the French resistance and a poem called "Speak White".
rbh

Post by rbh »

FlowerChild wrote: Lol...well, I suspect you may be getting a second lesson shortly:

I know the difference, I just didn't know How to say it in English. I wrote Quebecan, Quebecian and wasn't satisfied with the result, "Québecois" seemed like a French word so I said Canadian.
As De Gaulle said : "Vive le Quebec libre".
And thanks for mentioning the resistance. My grandfather was liberated by allied soldiers when he was on the train being deported for trying to join England and unfortunately arriving in Guernsey.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Hi Flower Child,

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I would add my thoughts here.

I originally made this account when you were having doubts about the mod and struggling for inspiration. Unfortunately other parts of my life took my attention and I never got around to posting to urge you to continue.

I am glad you recovered some of your inspiration ( :) ), but wanted to add my thoughts:

As per Simone, I would like to thank you profusely for all you hard work. You have made something to be truly proud of.

I never knew vMC was missing something until I played BTW. Now I find myself struggling to play vMC without it.

I love the sense of progression and purpose, the intent to automate and the multiple uses for every new block. However more importantly, you just “get” (better than I do!) what I want from Minecraft.

I occasionally think of suggestions for improvement, but to be honest I don’t want to intefer with you own thoughts. Everything you have produced has been fantastic and I always eagerly anticipate a new release.

I never post on forums (lurker!), but wanted to let you know how I feel. I think there are many like Simone and I out there.

Thank you again for the hours of inspiration and enjoyment you have provided.

Kind regards

Chris

p.s. I know everyone has different circumstances so can’t always help out, but if you do set up a donations link I will definitely send something your way.

p.p.s. Appologies if I have posted this incorrectly, etc. Did I mention I don't post?!
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

While it may look like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon now, I feel I must express my sincere appreciation for FlowerChild and his work as well. Not to mention his amazing ability to cope with all the drama that often accompanies internet fame. I probably would have called it quits a long time ago.

I am very glad that you haven't, however. BTW is an amazing piece of work and very fun to play. It adds depth and focus to a game that sorely needed it. Don't get me wrong, vanilla MC is still a great game on its own, but the things you can do with it are fairly limited, especially if you're not that much of a creative person, like me.
However, when you have something to work towards, and ways to keep tweaking the path towards that goal, things suddenly become a lot more interesting. Especially when a mod is as well integrated with the base game as BTW is.

So yeah, thank you very much indeed FC. May your enthusiasm and drive last for quite a while longer (and perhaps even inspire more people to make great mods).
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Thanks for all the Minecraft headaches you've given me when I can't get stuff to work right !

Love you and what you've created FC !
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

Words fail me; therefore, here is a kitten:
Spoiler
Show
You've made something brilliant here FC.
What Strange Devices!
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

Canadian: During war one who can become one of the greatest forces to be reckoned with. Also capable of drinking lots of beer and knows why poutine is awesome good idea.

Quebecois: Sort of like someone from france except they can say they helped win a war. Also known as whiny little bitches[/quote]

The little whiny little bitches like you say.. If it was -30 2 months a years.. youd be whinning too. Also the quebecois.. we know how to kill and empty a moose, and we have the best HEMP in the world. We are whinny.. maybe cause we got the most corrupted governement in the whole north america? lol
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Beerkeg wrote:Canadian: During war one who can become one of the greatest forces to be reckoned with. Also capable of drinking lots of beer and knows why poutine is awesome good idea.

The little whiny little bitches like you say.. If it was -30 2 months a years.. youd be whinning too. Also the quebecois.. we know how to kill and empty a moose, and we have the best HEMP in the world. We are whinny.. maybe cause we got the most corrupted governement in the whole north america? lol[/quote]
Geez it was a joke. and as a FYI I'm canadian as it is.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Brethern wrote:Geez it was a joke. and as a FYI I'm canadian as it is.
Yeah, that was apparent in the initial bigotry of your "joke". With the self-justification in the above statement, you can consider yourself on probation. If you make another discriminatory remark, you'll be perma-banned without explanation. Insulting particular nations and/or ethnicities in a multi-cultural community such as this is simply not appropriate.

I really appreciated this thread guys, but locking it down now as it seems to have been derailed.