Wider piston controls. A redstone

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DaveYanakov

Wider piston controls. A redstone

Post by DaveYanakov »

I've built boat launch/recovery ramps using pistons in a 3x6 configuration which work fine. Tonight in SMP it was requested that I widen it to 5x6 to present a larger target for incoming boats. I'm using a simple alternating channel system to control the pistons and adding two meters of width has resulted in the second and fourth rows of pistons being non-functional. Is there a way to raise and lower a wider array of pistons in unison?
Better is the enemy of Good
grimper12341

Re: Wider piston controls. A redstone

Post by grimper12341 »

Gonna need screenies, or better yet a server IP so I can check it out myself. Can't really picture it from that description sorry >.<

EDIT: Actually wait I think I do get it now..gonna fiddle around with it.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Server is on a VPN so the address won't help much. The base model is a slightly modified version of the boat ramp featured on DD here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35Wf3xvqGY
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Okies I got your solution. Just building it now and will post a schematic (pictures arn't really gonna work)
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

What the hell....either the forums are playing tricks on me or a mod is. Posted the schematic 20 minutes after my last post, then when I refreshed it later, the follow up post I had made had completely the wrong timestamp, saying it was posted 10mins after the last post when in reality it was a couple of hours.
And now both those posts have disappeared o.=

Anyway here's the schematic again in case you missed it (it had 1 download though so I presume you got it before the forum started playing nasty tricks on me >.<)
http://www.mediafire.com/?8zcvcf9zz5op595
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Actually I just got back on now. Thank you very much for this.

The design will require that I swap sticky pistons with a block on top for the regular ones in order to wire the pressure plates in properly. I'll post screens of the finished product once I get 30 slimeballs harvested.