Dynamo v1.36 - BTW/IC² Addon

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Making axles lose power as they get farther from the source... I think that would be impossible without changing base classes, and anyway, what's the point? The minimum ammount of energy is 1EU and that would have the same issues. I could make an infinite array of gears and power an infinite array of dynamos for 1EU each... either way, been 1 or 3, this is gonna generate energy for free, and is gonna take a considerable space... In the end, making so many might not be so much better then making generators or solar panels.... About infinite energy in the nether... if you make a geothermal generator you get practically that, and much more compact....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Jorge, do you have an MC forum thread setup for your mod yet? I'd be interested in seeing how it is being received by the general public, as it might help me better gauge the impact of my planned modding-API on the community.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Well, no... I didn't even consider that until you just mentioned. Ok, I guess I'll do that. I'll post the link here soon.

Humm... There is something on the rules of MC forums to put licensing permissions on the mod page. So, do you think you could give me a hand with that? I wouldn't know what to put there were this mod entirely my own, and as it is based on two other mods, well, I'm totally lost there :P
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

jorgebonafe wrote:Well, no... I didn't even consider that until you just mentioned. Ok, I guess I'll do that. I'll post the link here soon.

Humm... There is something on the rules of MC forums to put licensing permissions on the mod page. So, do you think you could give me a hand with that? I wouldn't know what to put there were this mod entirely my own, and as it is based on two other mods, well, I'm totally lost there :P
Here
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

jorgebonafe wrote:Well, no... I didn't even consider that until you just mentioned. Ok, I guess I'll do that. I'll post the link here soon.

You might want to look into this topic for premade templates.

In my personal opinions, the best of those featured is the last one (4 sectional) based on the scope of the coverage. Though, any of them should do. (Not that the general public seem to think it makes two shits to have one or not...)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/274 ... opyrights/

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I don't really care about the general public, just the authors :P I'm also still trying to post a request to Alblaka to post the mod there. There seems to be something wrong with the IC² forum, I can't get in it... Keeps timing out.
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

jorgebonafe wrote:Making axles lose power as they get farther from the source... I think that would be impossible without changing base classes, and anyway, what's the point? The minimum ammount of energy is 1EU and that would have the same issues. I could make an infinite array of gears and power an infinite array of dynamos for 1EU each... either way, been 1 or 3, this is gonna generate energy for free, and is gonna take a considerable space... In the end, making so many might not be so much better then making generators or solar panels.... About infinite energy in the nether... if you make a geothermal generator you get practically that, and much more compact....
I wasn't bringing up the issue of axles not losing power for you to change, that would be more inline for FC and if he ever decided to make say, steel axles or some such.

What I was talking about is the amount of EU being generated to resource ratio. That is the balance that all generators in IC take in to consideration. So ye,s there is a difference between 1eu and 3eu. Right now as it stands the Dynamo can generate more EU than any other IC infinite generator.

In the Nether sure a geothermal will generate more EU but has to be babysat or automated to do so.

I was just tossing out the thought, it is not meant to be offensive in the least. I'll be home soon and see how compact I can make a single Dynamo/BTW power source.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Wow, I'm sorry if my tone implied that, but I was not offended at all O.o

You have a point, but there is really a fine line here.... If the current is too low people wont even bother to make dynamos.... solar panels are not that expensive. Or maybe they would, idk.... It just seems too much trouble to get so little power... Maybe I'll readjust this later, I'll think about it...
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

Issue with the class files:
Spoiler
Show
FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_JBDynamo.class"
Oct 4, 2011 6:52:43 PM ModLoader addMod
FINER: THROW
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mod_JBDynamo : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:267)
at ModLoader.readFromClassPath(ModLoader.java:1104)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:812)
at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:183)
at th.<init>(th.java:60)
at th.<clinit>(th.java:9)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:318)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Don't think I have ever seen this error before. MC 1.7.3, IC 1.0, and BTW 2.93 (actually this is the 2.94 just not showing up as such in modloader log file)
Last edited by Xecaquan on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Xecaquan wrote:Issue with the class files:
Don't think I have ever seen this error before.
Looks like a version mismatch, the addon mod only works with IC v1.0, BTW 2.94 and Minecraft 1.7.3 at the moment.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Looks like a version mismatch, the addon mod only works with IC v1.0, BTW 2.94 and Minecraft 1.7.3 at the moment.
That ^

On another subject, I just tried posting this mod on MC Forums... As soon as I post I get to a page where it says "[#10344] You do not have permission to view this topic."

I'm not even actually sure the post worked... I tried two times, both the same, and my post limit decreased by two, but my posts didn't show either on the forum or on my profile.... Weird...
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

jorgebonafe wrote:
That ^

On another subject, I just tried posting this mod on MC Forums... As soon as I post I get to a page where it says "[#10344] You do not have permission to view this topic."

I'm not even actually sure the post worked... I tried two times, both the same, and my post limit decreased by two, but my posts didn't show either on the forum or on my profile.... Weird...
I've had this same problem with the MC Forums several times trying to view a page I had looked at the previous day (pages reloaded in saved tabs in browser), but they never came right, it's possible they were closed by a moderator maybe?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I'm on MC Forum IRC right now... It seems that the post is been pick by the spam filter, and the moderator cannot allow it... So far I'm just waiting that someone with enough access comes online to fix it for me....
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

Well I am sure I was on BTW 2.94 and the file I am looking at is dated the same time frame that FC put 2.94 on the forums, and the readme also states 2.94 within the zip. Only difference is that it shows 2.93 in the modloader error log.

Only can only assume you are looking for a class file not a block id, as all my BTW ids are different due to conflicts with IC.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Xecaquan wrote:Well I am sure I was on BTW 2.94 and the file I am looking at is dated the same time frame that FC put 2.94 on the forums, and the readme also states 2.94 within the zip. Only difference is that it shows 2.93 in the modloader error log.

Only can only assume you are looking for a class file not a block id, as all my BTW ids are different due to conflicts with IC.
Ok, let me see if I can figure it out...

I don't think ID numbers are the problem. I also have different ids on TBW, and probably anyone that installs will too.
Last edited by jorgebonafe on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

just to make sure, I checked the minor changes FC added in 2.9.4 "-Added ability to render leather armor in the Cauldron." and I can do it so yes it is the correct version.

Only other mods I have installed are buildcraft and Reiminimap. So nothing that modifies base classes.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Oh, damn... I think I know.... Hold on,please...
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ok, I updated the link. Could you try again and tell me if the error persists, please?
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

Well that worked, excepted now I have a id conflict with my hoppers :) didn't see a config file for your addon. Mate don't worry about it, it is a lot of work if I am the only one having issues.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Yeah, I was going to put the config file, it just slipped my mind :P I'll do that now...

The other problem is that I compiled it with Java 7, when I should have done it with java 6. Lesson learned :P
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

There is a config file... silly me :P

Just go to the config folder and edit the file "BTWIC2Dynamo.cfg", change ID number
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FC, just to let you know, I finally was able to post the thread on MC Forums (Damn you spam filters! It seems you have to have a minimum of 10 posts there before posting mods or something like that...)

The link is here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/687 ... %B2-addon/
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Updated to version 1.8.1 . And sorry for the quadruple post :P
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

jorgebonafe wrote:Updated to version 1.8.1 . And sorry for the quadruple post :P
Excellent, I shall install it tonight, I'm currently playing with all the mods that will fit in the block id space, so it's nice when they interact in intelligent ways.
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

jorgebonafe wrote:There is a config file... silly me :P

Just go to the config folder and edit the file "BTWIC2Dynamo.cfg", change ID number
What is the syntax for the config file? It seems since it is failing to load the add-on since the default id is in conflict, the file is blank.