A little 1.8 News

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
KriiEiter

Re: A little 1.8 News

Post by KriiEiter »

FlowerChild wrote:
diegokilla wrote:So does this mean new BTW content for the 1.8.1 release?
Looking forward to this release :D
Maybe, we'll see about that. It's been a VERY slow past couple of weeks for me with regards to the mod with only getting in a couple of minor additions due to the head-injury I mentioned. I've been having a very hard time concentrating and have been getting headaches if I stare at text for very long, so as you can imagine, that made it rather difficult to code.

Yesterday seemed to be a bit of a turning point for me though as I got quite a lot of work done on the conversion over to 1.8, so it seems like I'm recovering nicely.

My plan at present is to try and get as much stuff converted to 1.8 as possible today, and wrap up some small features with whatever time I have left, then *try* to release a version tonight. No promises of course, but I think that's an attainable goal.
No homo, but I love you man. And you should really get checked out if it was a concussion if you haven't already. You can make things worse if you strain with a concussion (AKA trying to read).
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Now i wonder if i can revert my game to 1.8.1 w/o destroying it. The only 1.9 item I have lying around is the spider eye stuff, I think, though I'm not really sure :/.
Guess I'll skip it till 1.9 releases.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Tonight????? FC your awsome man :) Though I have to admit I'm way behind schedual on my BTW construction base...
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

Deepsniper wrote:Tonight????? FC your awsome man :) Though I have to admit I'm way behind schedual on my BTW construction base...

Haha, you are not the only one man :)

Still, new toys to play with!

And for that, I humbly thank you...
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Mrchaim wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Sorry, I already fixed the donuts to work using the new system. Turns out I wasn't as tired as I thought :)

The one I'm not looking forward to right now is the Composite Bow. That should be...interesting.

I'll definitely be very curious to see how you solve that, i have to admit, given how damned powerful the default minecraft bow is currently. Which, i must admit, having done archery is really irking me. You can pull back an arrow far faster than how steve does it - In fact you want to, make it a nice smooth motion - Aiming will slow you down, but not THAT much.

Converse, it's to all intents and purposes impossible to shoot in a melee - someone flailing in your face is going to render it actively impossible to draw the bowstring back, let alone loose the arrow. There's good reason you see people use arrows as a makeshift melee stabbing tool in fiction - it's basically a tiny spear, and it's going to be way more effective than your bow (Which you could still use as a very awkward bludgeoning weapon, but that'd probably end up cracking or otherwise doing something terrible to it. Not a good plan)

Then again, something or someone that's been hit by an arrow does not normally shrug it off at all, unless you've got some nice armor - and even then, the english and their longbows would like to talk. (As an aside, standing next to someone firing a longbow is somewhat worrying- there's a serious, auible difference in the sound of their arrows going through the air. That and quite a bit of time waiting for them to dig the arrows out of the target).
Which is also why some of the heavier bows in medieval ages had blades on them :P

Wasn't overly functional, but it would work quick enough to allow you to draw a sword if needed.

On top of that I believe longbowmen were capable of firing ~25 shots/minute at long range accurately, If I'm not mistaken.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Tragert

Post by Tragert »

I would like to write a paragraph (or two) about how I am glad that Flower is updating soon and how we all hope he gets better and to take it easy but seeing how I am leaving for a hour I will delay the paragraph until then. Keep it up man!
A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason. >:)
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

FlowerChild wrote:
diegokilla wrote:So does this mean new BTW content for the 1.8.1 release?
Looking forward to this release :D
Maybe, we'll see about that. It's been a VERY slow past couple of weeks for me with regards to the mod with only getting in a couple of minor additions due to the head-injury I mentioned. I've been having a very hard time concentrating and have been getting headaches if I stare at text for very long, so as you can imagine, that made it rather difficult to code.

Yesterday seemed to be a bit of a turning point for me though as I got quite a lot of work done on the conversion over to 1.8, so it seems like I'm recovering nicely.

My plan at present is to try and get as much stuff converted to 1.8 as possible today, and wrap up some small features with whatever time I have left, then *try* to release a version tonight. No promises of course, but I think that's an attainable goal.
Pace yourself man ;)
Steeplerot

Post by Steeplerot »

I have been playing the 1.7.3 technic this week and I made a custom Millenaire windmill building the villagers build for me with area for millstones, working on villager made fully functional trading lumbermill with inputs for BTW players machinery, like the custom solar array for Industrialcraft. But no BTW, no 1.8.1 for me. Those caverns just annoy me to no end to see in 1.8+ maps without BTW elevators. They would be so uber for this. BTW rules!! I can't wait to start growing weed on some gaping cliff for rope.
ct030912

Post by ct030912 »

cant wait for the update because 1.8.1 was getting so boring for me to use
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

This is great! I was getting sick of fooling around with Equivalent Exchange for the past week.
IGN: Camerinthus