The BTW API

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Zhil

The BTW API

Post by Zhil »

I have some suggestions on the API if/when it would be made.

For certain reasons, I was trying to set up BTW today in a way that allows me to place all base classes in the jar and the actual BTW mod in the /mods/ folder. This works just fine.If I remove the mod from the /mods/ folder however, the game crashes, because the changed base classes try to refer to the BTW mod.

My suggestion is that the API is made like a Core mod. The base class changes are included, the API hooks are included, but if you just drop the base classes in the jar, the game works. Then I can run BTW mod from within my mods folder.

It's not worth the time to do this for the current BTW, but something along these lines would be fun if you were to create that API you mentioned.

As for the separate downloads issue, you can always distribute the two like you do now, but the option would be there for advanced users to separate it out and get more control over the mod.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: The BTW API

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry man, but I really don't see the advantage of running part of the mod from your mods folder. If you're already copying stuff into your .jar, really, what's the point?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Being able to quickly turn BTW on/off, but yeah, this was one of those far leftfield suggestions, I expected chances were low you'd follow up on it. Just thought I'd suggest it, you never know.

Edit: you can lock this btw, to avoid off-topic BTW API ramblings and code discussions
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

*rambles about BTW API and discusses code (with himself)*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Locked indeed.