Battosay's video corner

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TyberAlyx

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 12/09: World review p4)

Post by TyberAlyx »

Wow, I never thought of strip mining. I always try to find caverns or dig randomly downwards. I guess I will try it out on the new 1.8 when I start over.
Would you consider taking the spawner gui mod so you could experiment with more grinders to your world? A wolf torture chamber perhaps. hahaha! well anyways I am trying to learn much from your world review, gets me excited a bit.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

TyberAlyx wrote:Wow, I never thought of strip mining. I always try to find caverns or dig randomly downwards. I guess I will try it out on the new 1.8 when I start over.
Would you consider taking the spawner gui mod so you could experiment with more grinders to your world? A wolf torture chamber perhaps. hahaha! well anyways I am trying to learn much from your world review, gets me excited a bit.
Strip mining or branch mining? Strip = start from surface, go downwards in a large area; branch = go to just above lava level (~12, IIRC), dig long tunnel, then dig out branches at right angles every 2 or 3 blocks.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
TyberAlyx

Post by TyberAlyx »

Katalliaan wrote: Strip mining or branch mining? Strip = start from surface, go downwards in a large area; branch = go to just above lava level (~12, IIRC), dig long tunnel, then dig out branches at right angles every 2 or 3 blocks.
Branch I guess. :)
rosstafan

Post by rosstafan »

Its a good way to get cobble
should I use the spawner GUI mod to experiment with mob grinders
you have to be within 16 blocks of the spawners for them to spawn but is a great way to get items such as sle balls if in the right chunk
The list I could make of all the things this mod is better than.
Waughoo

Post by Waughoo »

@Battosay
Hey I was wondering how often your Mushroom farm is ready for harvest. I just made a farm where one side has a row of mushrooms 1 block higher than the floor. They should spread down and across the floor to my block detector. After about an hour of letting the game sit, I came back and found 1 mushroom had spawned on each floor. I've got the room completely dark, so thats not the issue.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Waughoo wrote:I've got the room completely dark, so thats not the issue.
Darkness does nothing for spawn rate. Common misconception.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Waughoo wrote:@Battosay
Hey I was wondering how often your Mushroom farm is ready for harvest. I just made a farm where one side has a row of mushrooms 1 block higher than the floor. They should spread down and across the floor to my block detector. After about an hour of letting the game sit, I came back and found 1 mushroom had spawned on each floor. I've got the room completely dark, so thats not the issue.
Some people have tested it and mushrooms spread much faster to a block on the same level, than to a block a level above or below, you can use this and the quirks of water physics to your advantage to increase mushroom farm efficiency.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

gftweek wrote:Some people have tested it and mushrooms spread much faster to a block on the same level, than to a block a level above or below, you can use this and the quirks of water physics to your advantage to increase mushroom farm efficiency.
Yeah, exactly. Darkness is not a factor, while height difference is :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 24/09: Hourglass Project

Post by Battosay »

Added the Hourglass Project
Waughoo wrote:@Battosay
Mmhh ... I'd say 3 or 4 MC days.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Hi, i have been watching you videos for a while but because i do not have a youtube account yet, i have not subscribed to you. i just watched the hourglass project and its amazing, but it only took you three weeks? i tried to do a small put simple BTW world on survival island (inspired by your lets play) and it took me about 3 days to progress through each branch (for want of a better word) of the tech tree. its not like i am a completely failed minecrafter, but how long exactly do you play on minecraft each day?
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Dunno ... 2 or 3 hours.
And my lady wasn't home last week-end, and I wasn't working, so I played almost all day long saturday and sunday ^^
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

hhhhmmmmm, i dont think "your lady" would be very pleased to know thats the way you refer to her...
M!C

Post by M!C »

Husbag3 wrote:hhhhmmmmm, i dont think "your lady" would be very pleased to know thats the way you refer to her...
I obviously don't know her but why would you think that she dislikes an honourary "title" like "my lady"? ;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

M!C wrote:
Husbag3 wrote:hhhhmmmmm, i dont think "your lady" would be very pleased to know thats the way you refer to her...
I obviously don't know her but why would you think that she dislikes an honourary "title" like "my lady"? ;)
Not to mention he probably doesn't refer to her in English at home.

Plus it doesn't sound as bad as 'our lass' which is the most common form of reference to our other halves in my area.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

i have heard of the word lass used in cockney ryhming slang but nowhere esle, what area do you live in? (dont worry, im not some sort of sex attacker trying to hunt you down)

edit: oh and by the way Battosay, i subscribed to you earlier today :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oo
Does it mean something special in English ?
Because to me it's just another way to say my girlfriend, or my fiancée, or my lover.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Husbag3 wrote:i have heard of the word lass used in cockney ryhming slang but nowhere esle, what area do you live in? (dont worry, im not some sort of sex attacker trying to hunt you down)

edit: oh and by the way Battosay, i subscribed to you earlier today :)
Yorkshire, England. You know, the northern bit that's never mentioned outside of the UK.

@Battosay, 'my lady' is how people refer to female nobility in the parts of England that have them. I think it's sweet though ^.^
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Battosay wrote:
Oo
Does it mean something special in English ?
Because to me it's just another way to say my girlfriend, or my fiancée, or my lover.
English is not my first language which is why I'm careful about judging the subtleties of it.

Anyway in German "lady" implies a person of some respect or nobility. It is also closely linked to good manners.

I believe in English things are similar but again: no native speaker here.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I think they were American. In America, some despicable men use "my lady" as a polite way to say "the ball and chain I married that doesn't let me have any fun." On the flip side there are some over sensitive women in America too who think that every time a man says this, they mean the bad connotation.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oh, thx morv', that's good to know.
Definitely not what I wanted to say :)
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

English is my first language and maybe I'm the odd one out, but I have no issue with "my lady" and MY lady would probably really appreciate me referring to her in that way.

In other news, love what you do Battosay, keep it up.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Still loving the vids, Batto. Amazing stuff :)

As for referring to your lady, as others have said: I've never been privy to any bad connotations with that expression. Was a bit surprised to see the context some people in the US apparently attach to it...

I refer to my own lady as "madammen" in Norwegian, which translates as something along the lines of "the madamme", though the general feeling in Norwegian is more in the direction of the honorific in England. Without actually being an honorific, since Norway did away with nobility a long time ago... ;)

Hmm... Google seems to think it means mistress... I don't think she would mind either way, though. ;) She doesn't even mind when I refer to her as "my calendar", since she's more likely than me to remember any appointments either of us might have... :D
Lots of planets have a north...!
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 09/10: Melon & Pumpkin f

Post by Battosay »

Added the Melon & Pumpkin farm :
Spoiler
Show
Battosay

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 27/10: Ghasts farm)

Post by Battosay »

Added the Ghasts farm :
walker_boh_65

Re: Battosay's video corner (Update 27/10: Ghasts farm)

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Well it took you long enough;)