1.73 anyone?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ilovekintoki

Re: 1.73 anyone?

Post by ilovekintoki »

I'm on a BTW hiatus after getting enraged by my failed attempts at making a proper elevator (the stupid thing is that I have made one before without trouble), but I will return instantly if an update pops up <3.
RHCPepperfan

Post by RHCPepperfan »

Today switched from 1.8/1.9 pre-release to 1.7.3+BTW. Feels good.
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

I've got 1.7.3 around. Be a shame to waste the nice new oceans and terrain, but without BTW it gets kinda boring.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

I've kept my .jar of 1.7.3

Never tried to build anything new since 1.8 cause of random enderman destruction
Roablin

Post by Roablin »

Well I for one am playing 1.8, because the terrain generation is different, so I don't want to work on anything that will be trashed when I (inevitably), decide to update. But I am not at the point where I could do much with BTW anyways, so it doesn't really concern me.
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

I'm still playing on 1.7.3 w/ BTW. I plan on making the jump to 1.8/1.9 when BTW does. I can't even enjoy vMC anymore. Lol
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Deepsniper wrote:i'm kinda enjoying my world in 1.8 because I'm building everything I need to prepare for the BTW upgrade/expansion pack. I even have my typical 5x5 elevator hole going down to level 12 already set up.
Aside from things like ender pearls, stacked food, etc, 1.8 generated maps are fully compatible with 1.73 and BTW. You can take all those supplies you've gathered, build BTW stuff with them and then wait to fully update until a 1.9 or 1.10 compatible BTW gets released. Best of both worlds and you don't even have to worry about endermen in the meantime.
Better is the enemy of Good
blithen

Post by blithen »

I dunno flower it might take something super cool in BTW for me to go back. ;)
Kidding of course, I'd switch back if you just did a small little update. :P
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I did stumblr across this site showing how to create custom launchers for different versionos of minecraft using .bat files. I haven't tested only skimmed it as I have been spending my time on a friends 1.8 server .. but looks legit.

DaveYanakov wrote: Aside from things like ender pearls, stacked food, etc, 1.8 generated maps are fully compatible with 1.73 and BTW. You can take all those supplies you've gathered, build BTW stuff with them and then wait to fully update until a 1.9 or 1.10 compatible BTW gets released. Best of both worlds and you don't even have to worry about endermen in the meantime.

The new world Gen is really the real reason to play on 1.8. never thought of updating to 1.8 to create the map then rolling back to a 1.7 Jar. NICE.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

the_fodder wrote:The new world Gen is really the real reason to play on 1.8. never thought of updating to 1.8 to create the map then rolling back to a 1.7 Jar. NICE.
This was my first thought when 1.8 came out. Anyone know an automated way to make it generate lots of chunks without having to go there? I don't feel like walking around to let it generate everything.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I still have the old jar. In fact, I save my jars as far as 3 versions back. If you do decide to make an update while we are trickle-fed content from Mojang, by all means, go for it. I don't mind playing between multiple jars if I need to. :)
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

I would love to see another 1.7.3 update, and tbh, that seems like the best option atm since Minecraft has been updating so rapidly. As for whether or not I still have 1.7.3.jar? Yes, I have like 6 of them backed-up with all my favorite mod combinations.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote:Anyone still playing 1.73?

Please chime-in if so. I'm considering starting work on a new release for 1.73 since it's beginning to look like Minecraft won't stabilize enough to do a proper release for the newest version anytime soon.

I've been occupying my free time playing Fallout: New Vegas the past couple of days, and have started to develop a strong urge to continue work on the mod.
A bit late for this, but I'm on 1.73 too. I just have no interest in a non-BTW version of Minecraft, simple as that. Oh and I've been playing Fallout 1 for the past couple of days. :)
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

I still have 1.7.3, but I'm not bothering to play. I want to start a new world but I won't bother until minecraft's feature changes have settled a bit. If that takes until November I'm not going to mind.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

DaveYanakov wrote:
Deepsniper wrote:i'm kinda enjoying my world in 1.8 because I'm building everything I need to prepare for the BTW upgrade/expansion pack. I even have my typical 5x5 elevator hole going down to level 12 already set up.
Aside from things like ender pearls, stacked food, etc, 1.8 generated maps are fully compatible with 1.73 and BTW. You can take all those supplies you've gathered, build BTW stuff with them and then wait to fully update until a 1.9 or 1.10 compatible BTW gets released. Best of both worlds and you don't even have to worry about endermen in the meantime.
So wait, are the 1.8 seeds compatible? Or will they attempt to generate non-existent blocks?
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

MagusUnion wrote:So wait, are the 1.8 seeds compatible? Or will they attempt to generate non-existent blocks?
They're not, the saves are
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Gilberreke wrote: They're not, the saves are
I attempted it anyway by plugging in the seed numbers for new worlds... I'm not quite sure if the biomes are as readjusted as it seems, or if this modification is from a few changed lines that Notch added in per seed... Regardless, I'm not going to worry about it either way, as I'm a little fond of the creations I'm sporting as of now...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

MagusUnion wrote:I attempted it anyway by plugging in the seed numbers for new worlds... I'm not quite sure if the biomes are as readjusted as it seems, or if this modification is from a few changed lines that Notch added in per seed... Regardless, I'm not going to worry about it either way, as I'm a little fond of the creations I'm sporting as of now...
I don't think you get how seeds work with map generation.

You generate the map in 1.8, then open it in 1.7. Everything should more or less work, and you play it. When you encounter new chunks though, it generates them the 1.7.3 way, so that's why I asked for a way to pre-generate lots of chunks.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Gilberreke wrote:
MagusUnion wrote:I attempted it anyway by plugging in the seed numbers for new worlds... I'm not quite sure if the biomes are as readjusted as it seems, or if this modification is from a few changed lines that Notch added in per seed... Regardless, I'm not going to worry about it either way, as I'm a little fond of the creations I'm sporting as of now...
I don't think you get how seeds work with map generation.

You generate the map in 1.8, then open it in 1.7. Everything should more or less work, and you play it. When you encounter new chunks though, it generates them the 1.7.3 way, so that's why I asked for a way to pre-generate lots of chunks.
But that's still a good way to create block errors, as the 1.8 version will add in ALL of the 1.8 blocks... so they won't render correctly when brought into a pre-1.8 .jar... The only way to avoid this (maybe) is to pre-set mod blocks over the added 1.8 block ID's, so that when the .jar's switch over, those blocks will generate in place of the 1.8 versions, and keep the said world 'intact' when the undefined blocks poof like they do...

But then you also run the risk of encountering undefined items from 1.8 code as well... but I guess you can 'mask' them like you could with the blocks...
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

@FC

Did you ever come up with an idea for the creation of stone panels other than the millstone?
If not, I may have an interesting idea that I can post up on the suggestion threat.
If so, disregard this haha.

(I know this isn't the thread to ask that question so I apologize but i didn't wanna suggest something that you already have a solution for.)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Beemlord wrote:@FC

Did you ever come up with an idea for the creation of stone panels other than the millstone?
If not, I may have an interesting idea that I can post up on the suggestion threat.
If so, disregard this haha.

(I know this isn't the thread to ask that question so I apologize but i didn't wanna suggest something that you already have a solution for.)
In the latest version you use the anvil instead of the mill stone, but that is going to change later on.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Yup still on 1.7.3

Been testing with 1.8-1.9 a bit but eh it gets boring without mods.
Xetian

Post by Xetian »

I still have my 1.7.3, but are you intending to still tweak your way into 1.8 while doing this? Although I'm not sure how important 1.9 and 1.10 can be, 1.8 did change generation and available blocks quite a bit (I'm also extremely interested in making a melon farm using the planters).
FlowerChild wrote: Lol! Dude, I don't think any of our lives would look too good if a random 9-second clip were grabbed as an illustration ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for the input guys. I've already decided to move ahead on a new version for 1.73, so further discussion on the matter won't serve any purpose and I'm locking this thread.