In the case of The people vc Notch The people win.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Should endermen carry blocks

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 31
BigShinyToys

In the case of The people vc Notch The people win.

Post by BigShinyToys »

notch wrote:By the way, I will nerf the endermen block carrying. It was a horrible idea.
about 9 hours ago
source http://mobile.twitter.com//notch

People power can work some times
walker_boh_65

Re: In the case of The people vc Notch The people win.

Post by walker_boh_65 »

now we need to spam about mob spawning;)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

walker_boh_65 wrote:now we need to spam about mob spawning;)
We'll have to see what changes in 1.9 first, I think it was a little premature of Mojang to make the spawn changes in 1.8 when breeding wasn't decided on yet, but I guess like villages missing NPC's they got excited and implemented the easy bits before deciding how they wanted to code the harder parts.

I personally don't mind the block moving hugely, it's easy enough to defend against (fences and water stop them), it's a bit messy though, I'm not a fan of the floating trees and random grass blocks in deserts, they were inadvertently building me a nice cactus farm though! I like some of the suggestions on reddit, like limiting them to spawning in certain areas like slimes and only placing blocks within the centre of that area to make random hive/shrine structures. If their building had purpose it would be creepier and less like griefing.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

In general I think it'd be good if they just didn't move logs.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

MRchaim:
I do like the Endermen, who certainly add something fun in the way they fight and can be magnificently creepy, but their movement rules are easily exploited by using a Bow, and their ability to pick up and place terrain so far serves no actual, useful purpose, other than looking really weird/griefing the player (Which is always a big no in my book).

A suggestion i saw on reddit that i really liked was a: They'll only pick up "soft" blocks (Ones that a shovel is the right tool for), and that they'd try and build little shrines or prehaps nests to keep them safe. I'm also not sure i quite like them catching fire and burning to death - It just feels a bit silly when they already asplode because of water - Yet they're creatures of darkness TM, so them wandering in the sunlight would be equally weird.
IMO there's no real sense of purpose behind the mobs Mojang gives out, and that in itself leads to some broken sh*t, the most ambitious was probably endermen + ghasts as they kinda stands out.
I'd prefer some real review of all the mobs, to make it all more of a thinking process in killing them...

For one example I feel that the boars in Mo' creatures would be a better mob than pigs as they'd be a bit harder to kill, plus it feels weird that whole of minecraft is populated with domestic animals. Kinda adds to the Chuck Norris survival gameplay feeling...
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

The teleportation is enough of a formidable feature that they have... No need for the block removal because then it becomes 'NPC grieving' at that point..
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...