Youtube, or Youpoop!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FaceFoiled

Youtube, or Youpoop!

Post by FaceFoiled »

Buu!

Random rant! I was frapsing last night of me exploring on my server (Edolas) and finished off at 16 min something. I thought, meh, thats pretty close to 15 min. I'll test my luck and upload, see how strict they are (As I do see a lot of video's passed the 15 min mark).

Well, I was wrong. :P 2.5 gb uploaded, (Video rejected, too long)!. Narf. Damn youz!
BinoAl

Re: Youtube, or Youpoop!

Post by BinoAl »

Lol. Youtube has sucked since Google took it over. I check it occasionally when I'm bored, but never really use it anymore
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh I quite like to be honest. :P I like the video sharing possibilities and well, music and other funny/fancy stuff on there. I just wish I didnt have to edit and reupload that video >.<
Urian

Post by Urian »

It's irritating but it also states that you're limited to 15 mins so even 15:01 would be too long if it's an automatic check. You can upload longer videos if you... um, do something. Become popular enough or something like that, ask Battosay - he's able to do it :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I heard you have to have a certain number of subs and no copyright violations. I'm not sure, don't quote me on this.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I just want to say with a sleeping pill hangover and my eyes not quite open reading Youpoop and Fraping was something I was not expecting on these forums, even in off topic. (hint I didn't see the R ).

Back on topic. Didn't youtube just release a web editor or sorts? I wouldn't be surprised if they will start to let you chop bits off of uploaded files to fit the 15 minute block.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yeah, I havent touched it yet though (the video editor). I did try to use it for the rejected video, but they already deleted it. The video was still there visible to my in my uploads, but with the notation "Video rejected, too long, has been removed". :(

It's all good now though, edited it myself and re-uploaded along with 3 more videos. Go watch! an hour of me blabbering on whilst exploring!! BEST HOUR OF YOUR LIFE!!! =P
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I would say send feedback on that fact. most likley Google overlooking they have a lot of features that should play nice with each other but dont. like how you have to go to google.com\voice and cant access it from gmail.com

a tweak to code here a pinch of rephrasing here. = "Video rejected, too long, would you like to edit it for length or delete." yes/no
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I got the right to upload > than 15 minutes quite a while back and I've had copyright violation warnings for music up the wazoo.

I have no idea what the criteria for it is. It just randomly gave it to me one day.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I thought it was number of subscribers but not according to Google.
google wrote: All users have the ability to upload videos up to 15 minutes in length. You can attain the ability to upload longer length videos if:

Your account is in good standing, as determined by the YouTube Community Guidelines.
You verify your account with a mobile phone.
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... swer=71673
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh sweet. Ill try verifying my account, maybe I haven't done that yet (through mobile phone).

Update
Congratulations! Your account is now enabled for uploads longer than 15 minutes. Click the Upload button below to select a video.

Holy crap, that was easy. :P I feel like a right tit now >.<
FlowerChild wrote:I got the right to upload > than 15 minutes quite a while back and I've had copyright violation warnings for music up the wazoo.

I have no idea what the criteria for it is. It just randomly gave it to me one day.
Well Mr FlowerChild, anybody that puts out Better Than Wolves update teasers and such, automatically gets promoted. :P Even Youtube understands how awesome your work is. :P
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

No idea how it works, I didn't verify my account with a phone number, I had 2 warnings for "copyright thingy", and had less than 200 subs and 10k views when I got "promoted".
My brother had to wait untill he had at least 3k subs and over 200k view to be promoted.
Kinda random. But it looks like youtube like BTW contents :)
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

FaceFoiled wrote: I feel like a right tit now >.<
pix or it didn't happen.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I knew this would come in handy one day. :P
Spoiler
Show