EmeraldCrack co-op /white list

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
EpicAaron

Re: EmeraldCrack co-op /white list

Post by EpicAaron »

Yes. Bloodwood is our salvation. We need them. Uberdrasil will not be pleased if we do not plant them.

Planting Bloodwood is the most logical course of action on any server.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

i vote against a wild one :o
Rawr :D
Dale

Post by Dale »

Good luck with avoiding growth when we get it. :) I love that stuff, feels so amazing between my toes... just gotta watch out for that red ghast!
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

I will give my vote to the server owner to cast for me. I've never seen bloodwood or groth and don't know anything about it. I look forward to being killed by it.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

VegasGoat wrote:I will give my vote to the server owner to cast for me. I've never seen bloodwood or groth and don't know anything about it. I look forward to being killed by it.
Feed the Uberdrasil and live in happiness forever.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Dale

Post by Dale »

VegasGoat wrote:I will give my vote to the server owner to cast for me. I've never seen bloodwood or groth and don't know anything about it. I look forward to being killed by it.
The tree doesn't kill you but is very dense, never released one before. So can't say much on it. The growth though, I love the stuff. And yeah it will kill you IF you touch it or if it gets disturbed and you are near it.. :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

vegas i foudn your little hovel :) its a very ncie place! ever plan to go back? im talking about the one you told e about earlier, the one on the edge of the swamp.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I think both bloodwood and groth is fine!
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

erikdk321 wrote:I think both bloodwood and groth is fine!
just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, the vote is about an UNcontained bloodwood, so it can spread thruogh all of the nether (and might cause massive lag).
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

i have trouble connecting to the server agian....

edit: i managed to log on, first thing i saw a death screen...
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Well, i thought about it, and i think we should contain bloodwood, but I still think groth is fine since its required for goldfarming.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

groth needs contained too, because if you let it run too wild people without sfs might have a wee bit of trouble with the nether :-p

building a path over the growth is great but: ghasts will hit the nether growth and explode it ):
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I have an easy solution to that, give out a pair of plate boots for the few people that doesnt have them already.
It would take ages to contain it and it would simply not be worth it.
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

just a few pictures of my (and myrkana's) base after we produced a saw:
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImage
Dale

Post by Dale »

Aradanwen, that is awesome I am so excited! :D Good job!!! Now find me in the nether :x lol
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

So while you guys are making cool windmills and shit, im sitting here dieing and hc spawning a bilion times :(
Dale

Post by Dale »

erikdk321 wrote:So while you guys are making cool windmills and shit, im sitting here dieing and hc spawning a bilion times :(
Wow that makes me want to polish my diamond armor, *wax on, wax off*... Very thought provoking. :)
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

myrkana wrote:vegas i foudn your little hovel :) its a very ncie place! ever plan to go back? im talking about the one you told e about earlier, the one on the edge of the swamp.
Nope I don't plan to go back, take whatever or move in if you want. I found diamonds in my forest base and am making that my main one.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Spoiler
Show
This is the storage ive been working on. Don't ask how many stacks of sand that took...
Spoiler
Show
And this is an arial view at the request of Aradanwen.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Thats a very nice base!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Will get the server back up as soon as I can, the new guys spilled coffee on the keyboard or something. Trying to log into the server control panel. Soon as I can, server will be up. Sorry for the downtime!

EDIT:
The server host has been iffy today, not letting me log in. Should be ok as long as the server doesn't stop.
macaber1337

Post by macaber1337 »

1. Macaber1337
2. Minecraft for roughly one year, BTW on Leviathan/Ivalice.
3. Myrkana's Boyfriend.
Dale

Post by Dale »

macaber1337 wrote:1. Macaber1337
2. Minecraft for roughly one year, BTW on Leviathan/Ivalice.
3. Myrkana's Boyfriend.
Weclome to the server Mr. Leet.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
images as requested for ruali :D
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

My base is really far away, so I traveled in the direction of spawn through the nether. Every few hundred blocks in the nether, I would build a nether portal and go through it to check my compass and make sure I was going in the right direction or hadn't gone too far. Eventually, I popped out on top of a jungle tree and the compass needle moved enough for me to realize I was only a few hundred blocks away. I didn't want my portal to interfere with anybody else's, because then I wouldn't ever be able to get back to my base, so I decided to connect the portal on top of the tree all the way to spawn. I built a bridge in the sky all the way from my portal to spawn. The bridge is made out of the netherrack I mined solely from my path through the nether, and is two wide most of the way.

Within minutes of finishing the bridge and returning to my base, before I even got to use the bridge, a spider shot at me with a web and held me in place while a creeper proceeded to try and blow my face off. I survived, but just barely, and then a zombie with a sword delivered the killing blow. I hardcore-spawned in some plains, found one of my old bases, stockpiled on food, then traveled to a neighbor's base a few horizons away. I borrowed a compass (I'll return the borrowed items and some treasure on top) and headed towards the spawn jungle, hoping to see my sky bridge because there was no way I would make it to the center of the jungle where the spawn point is. Alas, I didn't see the bridge anywhere. I decided to trek north through the jungle, since my bridge is mostly west-to-east, but was eventually taken down by jungle spiders. After spawning in the jungle a few times, I managed to make my way out of the jungle and into a taiga. I followed the taiga-jungle border in the south-by-south-west direction because when building the bridge I noticed a grassland on the south side of the jungle, so I was hoping that by following the jungle along it's southern edge, I would find that grassland and my bridge. I stumbled across Aradanwen II's base, fed some chickens, cooked some egg, made some chocolate, bred some pigs, killed less pigs than were born, made a couple ham and eggs, then continued on my way. Lo and behold, the plains that Arad refers to as The Plains of the Rising Sun, just east of Arad's base, were the plains I could see from my sky bridge. I took down a few jungle spiders on my way to a tall tree, climbed the tree, then pillared up to my bridge.

I followed the bridge back to my nether portal, then followed my nether tunnel back to the portal to my base and had finally made it home. I had just made a kiln and crucible before being killed, so I finished setting up my hibachi and bellows and threw all of my scrap iron in my newly stoked crucible. It didn't all fit, but here's an image showing how much iron I'll have to play with pretty soon. :)
Spoiler
Show
Hope the story wasn't boring. See you guys on the server soon. Oh, and since I have a tunnel back to spawn, and I have wheat, I'd love to share wheat seeds with you all. Or, you're more than welcome to just use my portal to get out to where villages aren't abandoned.