Charging the composite bow

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Beebou

Charging the composite bow

Post by Beebou »

Ok, so I get that I already posted two other things that had apparently already been posted... And I'm sorry for that. BUT
I've looked through the whole forum and I found NOTHING about this. It's basically just like charging the composite bow. You can charge bows in 2.8 now, so it'd only make sense to add that feature to the composite bow. Plus, because now that the normal fully charged bow is a two shot, a fully charged COMPOSITE bow would have to be a one shot.
Say meh to that
MEH!
ye-eah, ye-eah, ye-eah
Fracture

Re: Charging the composite bow

Post by Fracture »

Why bother suggesting something that's probably going to be changed when 1.8 rolls around anyway? Given that the composite bow's code is pretty much copypaste of the bow's code with a few tweaks, I see no reason why the composite bow wouldn't get charging when FC does the update to 1.8.

You're on a roll, but I'm afraid it's downhill.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Beebou

Post by Beebou »

Wow thanks
I'm just making a suggestion Jesus
It was most likely gonna get added anyway, but still. Sometimes people forget things so I just posted a suggestion that nobody had posted yet. BTW does anyone know if FC is working on updating BTW to 1.8 yet?
The pre-release came out so it's possible he could be...
Say meh to that
MEH!
ye-eah, ye-eah, ye-eah
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

I don't think he's back from vacation. Even if he is, he relies on other tools that needed to be updated before he can update BTW. These tools and most mods won't be upgraded until the official release.

Edit: The tool he uses is the "Minecraft Coding Package".
Last edited by PuppetRebel on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FC is on vacation currently. There will be no work on BTW for 1.8 until the following happens:

1) FC comes back from vacation
2) Minecraft releases the official 1.8, not the pre-release (which is really just a beta for their beta update >_>)
3) The various authors of Modloader and the MC Forge complete their work to update their APIs for 1.8
4) Flower feels like updating.

I know FlowerChild has gotten on people's case about this sort of thing in the past. For future reference, just don't ask when the mod will be updated. It's for your own safety.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

For further future reference, just don't post obvious suggestions. It's for your own safety.

Also, this is the general rule of thumb:
grimper12341 wrote:Best solution is just to assume FlowerChild is smarter than you. If your idea seems obvious to you, Flower has already thought of it and either dismissed it or it's in the works. Also if your idea mainly deals with aesthetics such as different looking food to eat, then you can also forget about it.

And if you were thinking about a diamond tipped saw or conveyer belts for your next idea; run.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

No need to take offense. I could do mean if you really want, but that was just blunt. You cannot deny that you posted, in a relatively short time, 3 suggestions that have already been made, one of which has already been explicitly rejected, and one that's ridiculously obvious. It's like asking him to make the cauldron cook chicken and beef.

As grimper stated, if it's obvious, he's almost certainly already considered it.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I'm not to keen on suggestions that are simply obvious statement of what I need to do to upgrade to 1.8.

Thread locked before this gets any more out of control.