Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Prof_Ion

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by Prof_Ion »

Just going out on a limb here and saying. No, no you may not.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Ion :D *poke* I has a skype now! get yer ass on D:< I'll be messing around a bit til I leave fro work at roughly 3:30
Rawr :D
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

myrkana wrote:Ion :D *poke* I has a skype now! get yer ass on D:< I'll be messing around a bit til I leave fro work at roughly 3:30
Add me on Skype!! One of the best ways to get ahold of me. I couldn't get on this morning cause I been working in the yard sorry.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Prof_Ion wrote:
myrkana wrote:Ion :D *poke* I has a skype now! get yer ass on D:< I'll be messing around a bit til I leave fro work at roughly 3:30
Add me on Skype!! One of the best ways to get ahold of me. I couldn't get on this morning cause I been working in the yard sorry.
and your skype would be?.... :-p I ended up playing some horse game made for like 10 year olds for about 30minutes xD
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Feel free to add me on Skype as well, it's a good way to contact me for anything. Anything works though, its FaceFoiled @ everything. :P (Skype, Steam, forums PM, Email)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I just realized that I didn't think of the consequences of zombies going after sheep when I found my not closed up sheep pen full of zombies and not a single sheep left in sight. :(

Has anyone a pair of sheep to spare? Preferrable close to my base, but I'll drag them home from anywhere with a rail connection to spawn. :)

P.S.: My mob trap is now nearly finished with full drop sorting and auto rendering and smelting of bows and iron tools and armor. Full auto kibble farm should be finished soon, too, since I now figured out how to do it without wasting ressources.
Anyone feel free to drop by and take whatever you need!
The xp farm currently goes from 0 to 30, but will soon be expanded to go from 0 to 90, this is also free to use by anybody until I say otherwise.
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

Is there a SFS beacon ?, when we update to the newer versions of BTW with HC Spawn enabled, well its going to kill any motivation for me to play online.

EDIT: While I think of it, the above is not me complaining about HCspawn being always on, it’s about my Internet connection
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I've got enough sfs for a full beacon lying around, so if there's interest in setting up one at spawn, I could provide the materials.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

does face all ready direct our spawn point?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Not updated for a bit. Wanted to make sure people got the SFS beacon in place before the update.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

FaceFoiled wrote:Not updated for a bit. Wanted to make sure people got the SFS beacon in place before the update.
Good to know. :)
Wasn't sure if this was greenlit or if anyone had obejctions to it. Then let's get to work!
Has anyone a preferred building place at spawn where it fits in?

EDIT: I've placed all the materials in the chest at the fortune beacon. I wanted to set it up, but then realized that I had no erxperience with blight or the effects of it. So if anyone knows if there are certain things to consider, now is the time to speak up. ;)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

You guys can always poke me if you need, but I fear my days with BTW and Minecraft in general are approaching a sad end. I have watched MC change and get drastically easier and more pathetic in nature. In the mean while I have also watched BTW swing the exact opposite direction. I am afraid I must say that I am not sure about it anymore. I am sure the changers are for the better, but I just don't have the time to put into playing and getting used to all the features to the point that I could accept the game as it currently stands. I will still be around the server a bit as Edolas is family to me. (family is something I don't have much left of, but that is a story for another day.) Between lack of time and lack of a computer that can play minecraft (at a decent FPS) I must say that it gets hard to play. I have spent far to many hours in the server just doing OP duties like police work. In other words I sit and watch the chat while board out of my mind because I know if I go outside of my safty walls I will more than likely suffer an FPS lag death. I am planning to build a computer that will prevent this issue, but you see I am still weeks from that. I sadly am having trouble finding work to be able to buy it any time terribly soon. I will check in now and again to keep people out of trouble, but I don't think I will be doing any casual gaming anymore. I of course will keep a watch on the forums, and things of the sort. If I am needed I can be found on the IRC on just about any given day.
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

Whisp wrote: Good to know. :)
Wasn't sure if this was greenlit or if anyone had obejctions to it. Then let's get to work!
Has anyone a preferred building place at spawn where it fits in?

EDIT: I've placed all the materials in the chest at the fortune beacon. I wanted to set it up, but then realized that I had no erxperience with blight or the effects of it. So if anyone knows if there are certain things to consider, now is the time to speak up. ;)
Spoilered.....because it contains spoilers :P
Spoiler
Show
Don’t have a lot of experience but this is what I’ve learned from the wiki
It has to be kept away from water, lava and a nether portal in that order. So perhaps a platform in the sky or something
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Ok, I've just checked the wiki, too.
If no one beats me to it, I'll test somewhen in the next few days how far from grass the pyramid has to be to be safe and then I'll build the beacon.
While I don't think we have to worry about blight growing to stage 4 around spawn. I'd prefer it if the grassy areas stay clean.

EDIT: It definitely would be kinda cool to have the platform high in the sky near max height and a drop zone at ground. Perhaps even dropping down right into the waterhole next to the portal.
Only problem would be how to get up there, because I'm not a fan of a huge ladder pilar.
If no one opposes, I'm thinking about a pulley and rope on top that temporarily expands down by activation through a lens signal. A bit risky to climb, but anybody who doesn't use temporary sfs beacons somewhere else should only have to climb there once.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Sounds good to me Whisp. :) Just let me know when things are done, and I can update the server. =)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Sorry for the delay, but it's finally done. Had to change my plans a bit, because I came in conflict with the protected spawn zone. And I ragequit on sunday after I got killed by a creeper and afterwards by a skeleton that followed me through the portal.

Next to the waterpool is now a button and a lens and detector block on the ground. Simply press the button and wait, it takes nearly 3 minutes for the rope to arrive and it will retract 4 seconds after arrival automatically. So don't waste time ;)
The drop hole is on the floor below the beacon, it should be fool proof, if you don't steer deliberately in some direction in midair.

P.S: To any admin, during my first try I placed a few blocks above the waterhole that I couldn't remove afterwards due to spawn protection. Would be nice if someone could clean that up.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Sweet :) I'll update the server tonight, and remove those blocks as well. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

The server has been updated, but I have not managed to connect and remove the blocks. For the life of me, I can't figure out that retarded new launcher. It's nice that I can select a previous version of minecraft to launch, BUT STOP FUCKING UPDATING IT TO YOUR VERSION OF 1.5.2 AFTER I MODDED IT.

Kinda annoyed now. :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

FaceFoiled wrote:The server has been updated, but I have not managed to connect and remove the blocks. For the life of me, I can't figure out that retarded new launcher. It's nice that I can select a previous version of minecraft to launch, BUT STOP FUCKING UPDATING IT TO YOUR VERSION OF 1.5.2 AFTER I MODDED IT.

Kinda annoyed now. :P
Face, check out the step by step I went through with the new launcher in the vanilla discussion thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6470&start=1450#p126791

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but I think you're just missing one step there.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hey Face if you still have not cleaned up those blocks I can jump in tonight and clear it up. Actually gonna do it right now. Right after I update.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Nobody break stone blocks at spawn!! Bad idea! Not sure whats going on, but silverfish... that is all there is to it... Silverfishies. Also I accidentally broke your two stone blocks for the fall system thinking they were the ones you could not remove. (sorry dude) replaced them with water though. :D I could not find the others that you spoke of. So water catch system and no stone breaking near spawn... bad idea. I almost flipped out. Thought spawn was gonna be eaten alive by the fishies. Anyhow all better now so its all good :D
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Prof_Ion wrote:Nobody break stone blocks at spawn!! Bad idea! Not sure whats going on, but silverfish... that is all there is to it... Silverfishies.
Wasn't there a version where silverfish were a bit out of control? Maybe they lurk at spawn since then, since the spawn area is always loaded.
Prof_Ion wrote:Also I accidentally broke your two stone blocks for the fall system thinking they were the ones you could not remove. (sorry dude) replaced them with water though. :D I could not find the others that you spoke of. So water catch system and no stone breaking near spawn... bad idea. I almost flipped out. Thought spawn was gonna be eaten alive by the fishies. Anyhow all better now so its all good :D
Nice pool, although it's quite excessive. ;)
I kinda liked the minimalist way my vine drop zone looked, but I was disappointed that I couldn't attach the vines to a siding block, would have looked much better without the full block hanging there.
The blocks I meant are about 128 blocks above the small 2x2 pool. It's just 4 blocks in a line.

P.S.: Since you're throwing around water source blocks so liberally, currently the pulley has his breaks engaged when it rains. This means no going up there when it rains. If this is a problem, I could remove the break, which would expand the rope every time it rains or we could place a water wheel instead of the windmill, which needs a water source up there. I prefer the look of the windmill, but since you can't see it from below anyway, I'm fine with either choice.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

FlowerChild wrote:Face, check out the step by step I went through with the new launcher in the vanilla discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6470&start=1450#p126791
Awesome man, that did the trick. :)
Prof_Ion wrote:Hey Face if you still have not cleaned up those blocks I can jump in tonight and clear it up. Actually gonna do it right now. Right after I update.
Much appreciated Prof.
Whisp wrote:Sorry for the delay, but it's finally done. Had to change my plans a bit, because I came in conflict with the protected spawn zone. And I ragequit on sunday after I got killed by a creeper and afterwards by a skeleton that followed me through the portal.
Nice construction man, very clever. I like that it takes a while to be able and go up there (calling down the rope).

This was also the first time that I ever bound to a soulforged steel beacon. I went "whoa, that's sounds a bit ominous :D". The missus went "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!"
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

I was flippin out man! It went off and I was like what fuck!!! The thing is just creepy to be around. Makes strange noises.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

The place is now tidied up and made nice and pretty. :D
I even included a small glass platform to look down on spawn.

And the windmill is gone and replaced by a waterwheel to be weather independent.