Wolf Rickshaws

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
joetalbot1

Wolf Rickshaws

Post by joetalbot1 »

A 2-wheeled, 2-seater cart that is drawn by 2 wolves attached to the cart with a bit of rope. Steerable by the person in the left-hand side, with the fishing-line effect connecting your hands and the wolves' necks. That is my idea. Perhaps the wolves can be replaced by furnace minecarts.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
Urian

Re: Wolf Rickshaws

Post by Urian »

I believe you want this mod instead :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

No, I want to be able to sit on a bench, whip the wolves, and go places faster than on foot. It would fit nicely with BTW's current theme of technological advancement. Besides, what civilization went into the steel age before inventing carts? Also, minecarts are in the game, showing that Steve? knows how to make wheels already.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

joetalbot1 wrote:No, I want to be able to sit on a bench, whip the wolves, and go places faster than on foot. It would fit nicely with BTW's current theme of technological advancement. Besides, what civilization went into the steel age before inventing carts? Also, minecarts are in the game, showing that Steve? knows how to make wheels already.
Wheels? No he doesn't. Minecarts float.

Most civilisations were lucky enough to develop in a world with slopes and circles. From a BTW point of view, trackless vehicles make no sense >.<
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Stormweaver wrote:
joetalbot1 wrote:No, I want to be able to sit on a bench, whip the wolves, and go places faster than on foot. It would fit nicely with BTW's current theme of technological advancement. Besides, what civilization went into the steel age before inventing carts? Also, minecarts are in the game, showing that Steve? knows how to make wheels already.
Wheels? No he doesn't. Minecarts float.

Most civilisations were lucky enough to develop in a world with slopes and circles. From a BTW point of view, trackless vehicles make no sense >.<
I wonder what Steve would do if he were magically transported to a world with angles other than 90 in them. (And yeah, tracks slope, but they're still in a 180 degree lineage, as they're straight.)

Also, from looking at the Doggy Talents mod, I think... that I might actually use it. >_> I mean, having my dog fish for me? BTW can't even do that. And it could be completely automated if you do it right.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

Since the 1.8 pre release, spriting helps alot in traveling.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/151 ... en-frames/
This mod could help to resolve the 90 angle problem (or maybe not? cuz even if they seem to be triangles, the have an L shape, like stairs)

And what use would the 2nd seat have?

(P.S.: I think BTW is not about wolf tortureing (not mainly), cuz setting up a working pottery system or getting to the point where you can produce steel, experimenting with redstone (with useing the turntables for exampample) are a lot mote fun then grinding your wolfs face all day)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Ok so I have been Kinda working on getting a mod made it is in alpha and as such cant do much right now But It adds a type of cart . They cant be pulled as of yet by a wolf but after the 1.8 is release and then the two weeks+ before MCP updated it will be added. This might be what you are looking for Ether way I suggested this to FC on the old forums He almost added it but said no in the end Hear is a pic and the link.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/591 ... 08-31-wip/
Spoiler
Show
And this is the thread where i requested it.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/338 ... on-the-go/

This is an ongoing project the biggest bug currently is that it was compiled in JAVA 7 not JAvA 6 by accident . But if you have JAVA7 all you need do is add it to you're mods folder and you're done. I was going to Put a thread for this in OFF Topic when it was a bit more functional but this seams relevant to you're destruction.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

If Steve? can't make wheels then kindly explain how the hell he can make a complex sensor out of lapis lazuli, red dust, and rocks with moss on them. Also the second seat could be filled by a chest, mob, or other player once this becomes smp compatible.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

joetalbot1 wrote:If Steve? can't make wheels then kindly explain how the hell he can make a complex sensor out of lapis lazuli, red dust, and rocks with moss on them.
Sorry, I can't see your logic here. When has the wheel ever been a pre-requisite for magic?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Saying Steeve couldn't make wheels is stupid though. He's using a water wheel to get mechanical energy ....
To be honest, this idea is quite unlikely to happen for 2 reasons :
it doesn't add much to the game
it would be very long to work on
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Battosay wrote:Saying Steeve couldn't make wheels is stupid though. He's using a water wheel to get mechanical energy ....
Batto's got a point. We already do have wheels, just not the ones for transportation.

That aside, though, yeah. I don't see this getting put into BTW. Not much of a hassle, though. I love wall climbing, so it'd be mainly useless to me.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)