Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
EtherealWrath

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by EtherealWrath »

It seems if you go into untamed wilderness, monsters spawn- but it seems the spawn rate dramatically tails of once all the animals have been killed/eaten.

--Edit-- seems to be fixed now.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

To Leteatdonut:

Clear out your chests at Hammersly, or it's going to be appropriated for the community. The chests are a nuisance and need to be removed. A week's notice shall be given to collect your belongings before they are confiscated by the management. You may also appoint a proxy to collect on your behalf, provided that the management is notified before hand to reduce possible confusion.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ohmygawd that took for-f**king-ever, but, my Airship is finally done and, I love it! :D
I spent the majority of the day building it(8 hours?), roughly a 12 hour job from start to finish over a couple days..

@PK, If you get on the server and have the chance. I'd like my TP now! :P

And without further delay, here are the pictures! Did I say I love it?
Spoiler
Show
With that being done, I'll be temporarily living at Hammersly until it is built into a fine city.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Excellent work, Rob.

That said, you're welcome to stay at Hammersly. you've been a great help.

I'd like you to get a house built, actually. We could use more buildings to make the place more inhabited.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Okay, as part of the Hammersly Redevelopment plan, I'm planning on building a few utility buildings around the town, or even in another district.
Right now, I'm thinking the first workshop be a 4slot semi-auto kiln setup to handle mass baking and collection. Loading will be handled manually, interacting with the BDs.

If any of you guys have ideas for useful buildings in Hammersly, I'd like to hear some of them. If you don't, or object to it. please do so in a civilized manner such that we can debate over it. This means you, Let. I'm tired of hearing your complaints without solid reason. If you have a problem with what I do or make, convince me that it's bad, not complain.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

DiamondArms wrote: This means you, Let. I'm tired of hearing your complaints without solid reason. If you have a problem with what I do or make, convince me that it's bad, not complain.
if anybody complains out of us too i can assure you it isn't me. Complaining? this is so outrageously ironic coming from you that i'm not even going to comment.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So a stone brick tower has mysteriously appeared at Hammersly's north coast, which I haven't noticed until about half an hour ago. It's pretty empty but goes all the way to above cloud level. Anyone can tell me who built it, when and why it's there? I'm pretty sure I'm not drunk(since alcohol is not any part of my diet) and I did just climb the tower(which has nothing in it except for some materials), for clarity.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:
DiamondArms wrote: This means you, Let. I'm tired of hearing your complaints without solid reason. If you have a problem with what I do or make, convince me that it's bad, not complain.
if anybody complains out of us too i can assure you it isn't me. Complaining? this is so outrageously ironic coming from you that i'm not even going to comment.
Says the guy who thought Hammersly Palace Library was a waste of bookshelves? Let, I'm pretty sure you've done your share of complaints, even if you don't think they are complaints. I've yet to hear any backing reasons for that particular statement, either.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Wealp I'm back from my lovely time travelling across the country (kill me please) and ready to get back on the server! Can't decide if I want to take a break from the Temple or not, I've got the urge to build up the northern part of the world. Oh and guys, don't fill the thread with your argument please, PM or something and try and resolve it.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

JakeZKAM wrote:Wealp I'm back from my lovely time travelling across the country (kill me please) and ready to get back on the server! Can't decide if I want to take a break from the Temple or not, I've got the urge to build up the northern part of the world. Oh and guys, don't fill the thread with your argument please, PM or something and try and resolve it.
Fair enough. I'll leave that alone. Let, if you have anymore to speak up, please do PM me.

I'd like to hear what you're up to in the northern woods/jungle. Could be useful in coming up with more facilities for Hammersly.
North is pretty much uninhabited, save Pittsburgh, but Teatime's not in. There's a Village on the North-East-Northern edge of the map, in a snowland/tundra biome, If you want some villagers. The Jungle temple in between there and Pittsburgh is looted, courtesy of yours truly. Have fun colonising.

On that note, I need to do something about Teatime's ship. It's been floating above Tobukasai for a few weeks/months now, and I'm really wondering what to do about it, especially if I want to do another airship commission.

Edit: Oh yeah. Welcome back. I miss having someone crazy to talk to.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

K I'm back, and the monsters seem to be fixed. As for colonizing north, I only ask that no settlements are made near my own.
Spoiler
Show
Those are the borders for the area I ask that is not settled in. (If anyone thinks the area is too big I will be willing to decrease the range)
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

GalaxyTreader wrote: Those are the borders for the area I ask that is not settled in. (If anyone thinks the area is too big I will be willing to decrease the range)
Haha, if you are able to fill the area I have no objection, that sounds like an huge project :)
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Haha I'll try to fill it all, but I only really ask because I'm trying to climb the tech tree without civilization. Once I get to steel I won't mind people settling near me.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So I'm thinking of trying to rebuild the Old Gringotown forge in Hammersly, or something similar, with some safety additions. PK, do you have any plans to do anything similar?
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I'm currently trying to pick between three project ideas. One is a sort of Germanic Hill fort either in some of the flatter areas or snowy areas in the north (I'd like to build up a sort of large tribal area, with small villages specialized in specific things), Another would be an underwater city somewhere in the northeastern ocean (Rapture basically.), and the third Idea I've been thinking of is a sort of hellfort bleeding into the overworld from the nether. Filling it with traps, poorly lit areas, and basically making it a challenge to conquer that could get refilled with loot every now and then.

Unfortunately atm I'm stuck somewhere in the nether with half a heart due to a combination of lag and ghasts -.-
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

JakeZKAM wrote:I'm currently trying to pick between three project ideas. One is a sort of Germanic Hill fort either in some of the flatter areas or snowy areas in the north (I'd like to build up a sort of large tribal area, with small villages specialized in specific things), Another would be an underwater city somewhere in the northeastern ocean (Rapture basically.), and the third Idea I've been thinking of is a sort of hellfort bleeding into the overworld from the nether. Filling it with traps, poorly lit areas, and basically making it a challenge to conquer that could get refilled with loot every now and then.

Unfortunately atm I'm stuck somewhere in the nether with half a heart due to a combination of lag and ghasts -.-
Okay, My opinion of your ideas:
1) Germanic fort - Sounds interesting. Not too sure if feasible considering the majority of the northern continent is jungle. Nice idea, though
2) Underwater City - Sounds really cool, but requires a lot of clearing out water? I have a floating platform in the eastern sea hooked up to a nether portal underground(where the settlement started from). If you do want to try the build, you can take the nether portal in Tobukasai's B1(turn left when you enter the building, left again after the furnaces) and cart down to the furthest portal. Dig north as you wish from there.
3) Hellfort - You may want to talk to Ryo for this one, seeing as it's something he might look at as well. Invest in Nether sludge, or help clear out the Nether fort near Sentar, which would be helpful to Pip and whoever wants to work on the Netherfort mobfarm. less nether bricks means less spawnpads to deal with later.

Which ever one you do pick, Good luck and Have Fun.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Yeah I think I've decided on working on the hellfort to north, and also starting work on those snowy hills in the south for the tribal thing. Keeping it low tech (the most advanced "towns" would have a windmill) and pretty spaced out. Hopefully taking some time away from the Temple can help get the creative juices flowing again hehe.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

JakeZKAM wrote:I'm currently trying to pick between three project ideas. One is a sort of Germanic Hill fort either in some of the flatter areas or snowy areas in the north (I'd like to build up a sort of large tribal area, with small villages specialized in specific things), Another would be an underwater city somewhere in the northeastern ocean (Rapture basically.), and the third Idea I've been thinking of is a sort of hellfort bleeding into the overworld from the nether. Filling it with traps, poorly lit areas, and basically making it a challenge to conquer that could get refilled with loot every now and then.
I think all these ideas are very interesting concepts. Sure they would take allot of work to make and sustain but isn't the whole point of working on a project that when you're finished you can look back and go that may have taken allot of effort but it was worth it.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Well I picked the Germanic Tribes one to start with and ran into far too many wolves on the way XD, so I decided to make it a challenge to start with stone age tools only once I get there, to try and build the entire thing with low age tech, and without automation. Anyone who wants is free to join up as well ;). But yes over time I think I'll finish all my projects, and once you run out of stuff to build (never) whats the point of playing anymore? :P

Edit: Woah man i managed to get to the area and dayum, a short project simply isn't enough to cover it all. Imma need some help on this and dare I say it but a new faction itself. Ryo I hope you like a sister state, as you now are the ancient elder god of a snowy wasteland, full of Barbarians slaughtering each other over a golden throne in the name of their individual gods (or at least thats how I imagine it, needs a few more members for it :P) and as such now I'm looking for members, I need fresh meat.

As a side note, if someone wants to build up the temple at all feel free, it'll be some time before I can get back to it. Just be forwarned I am likely to tear stuff out when I eventually get back/remodel (not that much mind you, most likely just details.) but if someone wants it the title of Arch Bishop is available :P
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

You had me at barbarians! I think my build style mashes really well with snowy biomes and Graufres needs a full rework due to lack of space and my failed atempt to blow off my mountain side.

Get us a tele and we will be building this dream land of yours..
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Building the longboat now, hehe. I'll post some screens later tonight showing off some of the landscape. There's a huge mountain system to make an awesome hold/seat of power for the main base/most advanced tech of the area. The rest are gonna be a handful of Holds, Hillforts, and villages with fairly low tech.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Got on a little earlier and will probably be playing more... mostly been playing Don't Starve and a couple other games I got on the Steam summer sale. I'm working on Upper Terrene right now I suppose, but if anyone wants to enlist my assistance, feel free to ask.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

Would you be so kind as to white list me? PrestonX06 :)
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Elleance wrote:Would you be so kind as to white list me? PrestonX06 :)
Mother of god! It's preston! O.o I wish I was able to get on, but I wont be for the next week or so :'( ah well, it's good to see you back pres :D
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

You mean Preston, the guy whose statue we never finished and I regretted not looting of it's CDs? God that was a large number of gold/SFS blocks...

Anyways. WB Preston. all your stuff is gone. welcome to the new world, for all its development/undeveloped areas.