Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
DiamondArms

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.86]

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote:
Nice job. Sometimes I wish I didn't settle so far away from everyone. That way I could partake in the festivities of factions.
It's okay. not much happening even then. Gonna see if I can get Hammersly's faction revived. We have wolves again!

Let, We need to come to a decision on the Faction's status and settle things once and for all. Starting with the Name.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

It's not really that a lot is going on, it's just the population of the Maridran is Huge.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Hey guys,

Sorry for my absence, i have been at a football camp for the past week, But the pain and suffering is over and its time for me to be a fat lazy ass yet again! :D
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry for my absence, i have been at a football camp for the past week, But the pain and suffering is over and its time for me to be a fat lazy ass yet again! :D
DiamondArms wrote:Aaaand after a few months of being lazy, we have the first of the Factions!

Maridran!
Great to see you back, here's a present.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
ryoloth wrote:Hey guys,

DiamondArms wrote:Aaaand after a few months of being lazy, we have the first of the Factions!

Maridran!
Great to see you back, here's a present.
i saw this, it looks amazing man :) i specifically like this part
Headed by minor deity Ryoloth, the Maridran desert has become a place where people come to receive salvation and purpose. A leader in the current era, it's citizens have turned the harsh desert into an empire worth noting.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Great. I'll try to find Bev to write one for Terrene.

I'm currently looking into reviving Hammersly as a faction and town, even if it's mostly pretty and not so functional.

Time to build a Big-Ass Ship.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So I was bored and contemplating what to write for (Hammersly's faction)'s description, when I decided to write character descriptions. I've just updated Maridran's Faction with the new content.

Maridran: Now with Backgrounds!
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:So I was bored and contemplating what to write for (Hammersly's faction)'s description, when I decided to write character descriptions. I've just updated Maridran's Faction with the new content.

Maridran: Now with Backgrounds!
xD just wonderful man, good work
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

What is this about powdered crystals in jug golems? Can i have this? Pretty Please?
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

JakeZKAM wrote:What is this about powdered crystals in jug golems? Can i have this? Pretty Please?
I think we may be able to arrange some golems for you.. :) may not be powdered crystals in jug though :P
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Alrighty, so it turns out that im not happy with the maridrans current output of mob related drops and oysters. So i have decided to build a mob trap that goes from the top of the world down to bedrock in an attempt to satisfy my need for riches ^.^ I am looking for help with supplies, design, building, and digging. tools and food will be provided complimentary from the maridranian SFS factory and the great farms and it will be 100% legit, whos in?
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Sorry guys, I've been pretty engrossed with a couple other games lately and haven't been on the server because of that. I'll probably be on more eventually. Most of my "creative building" energy has been spent on a game called star-made, which is pretty fun even if it doesn't have as much in the way of game mechanics as BTW. It's in early alpha, but is much more fleshed out than a lot of voxel building games get, and the dev is very active with development. If anyone else feels like trying it out lemme know and I'll let you know the IP that I play on.

As far as Terrene's description goes, I'll try to come up with one while I'm at work and post it here later.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Rob

Post by Rob »

ryoloth wrote:Alrighty, so it turns out that im not happy with the maridrans current output of mob related drops and oysters. So i have decided to build a mob trap that goes from the top of the world down to bedrock in an attempt to satisfy my need for riches ^.^ I am looking for help with supplies, design, building, and digging. tools and food will be provided complimentary from the maridranian SFS factory and the great farms and it will be 100% legit, whos in?
Not to rain on your massive build idea, but can PKs server hardware withstand the resources required to operate a trap that large? A small piston based trap with a saw kill pit would operate very well if the time spent building a large one was instead funneled into time spent lighting up the surrounding caves. This would also be kind to the server since entities die rather quickly after spawning.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote:
Not to rain on your massive build idea, but can PKs server hardware withstand the resources required to operate a trap that large? A small piston based trap with a saw kill pit would operate very well if the time spent building a large one was instead funneled into time spent lighting up the surrounding caves. This would also be kind to the server since entities die rather quickly after spawning.
Okay, theoretically the size of the mobtrap shouldn't cause any server load, as the mob spawns are still limited by the spawn code. The point of the mobfarm would simply be to cover more ground as opposed to manually clearing out and lighting all the caves in radius, a tedious and dangerous job even for the prepared. Figuring out where the radius extends to is also a tough job.

I'm actually wondering if all the pistons being triggered by mobspawns would be a bigger load on the server.

Anyways, not trying to bash or anything, but both ways are valid choices. Server shouldn't break unless we have too much iron.

On that note, will there be a sorting system for the mobfarm, and how advanced will it be in terms of sorting functions(ranging from unsorted to superadvanced sorting with bellows and all that shit) and depositing of loot(into chests or into appropriate recycling/processing facility)?

I'll see how much my vine farm can output. will probably make a few deliveries if I can.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

JakeZKAM wrote:What is this about powdered crystals in jug golems? Can i have this? Pretty Please?
Since it looks like Ryo's handling the golems, I'll see if I can boil sugar and red dye to get the intended outcome.

If it works, I have a new drink to market in Megachunk.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote: On that note, will there be a sorting system for the mobfarm, and how advanced will it be in terms of sorting functions(ranging from unsorted to superadvanced sorting with bellows and all that shit) and depositing of loot(into chests or into appropriate recycling/processing facility)?

I'll see how much my vine farm can output. will probably make a few deliveries if I can.
Well, i have never really gotten into big sorting things, but i was planning on working on an epic sorting system that will put things into the appropriate processing systems with switches and the like to change settings, oh that reminds me, Professor Ion, im enlisting your help on this xD

Also, any vines you can supply will be extremely helpful :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

As always, vines from my portal room are at your disposal. I started stock piling them in the chests infront of the portal when I remember to harvest.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Just curious, when was the last time anyone's seen Ion? I hear he's been pretty active back on Edolas, working on a megabuild now.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

I saw him last sunday but i havent been on all week so idk
Rob

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Rob »

Sorry for my lack of server time folks. I finally got the time and creative thinking to start working on my project again. Planned out my stables in creative mode and should be transferring it to the server tonight or tomorrow morning.

Im still curious as to if stables will work for teleport travel, at the very least to the meridian. That is up to Ryo. though.

I will also add a sky ship dock as well for spawn teleport. Though I understand I need more bodies before the teleport can be created.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

okay guys, HC spawn now affects everyone on this server! watch your backs, fronts and avoid ninja mobs!

Which I managed to fail to do. Currently out somewhere on the western woods. If anyone goes to Terrene, My stuff is in the crevice behind the Airship, down where the waterstream flows. Please pick it up if you can, and place it in the chests next to the ship

Edit: Somehow managed to find Sacrife's base. Got my stuff back, most of it anyway.
Last edited by DiamondArms on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

Post by Rob »

DiamondArms wrote:okay guys, HC spawn now affects everyone on this server! watch your backs, fronts and avoid ninja mobs!
Yeah I had this problem last night. Was tabbed out of MC to review light level info. Thought I was safe. Came back to a death screen, skeleton took advantage of me. The server map is a great tool to gain your bearings. Thank you to whomever built the safe house in the abandon village west of spawn. I stole 5 planks for a boat. :-P
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Woohoo! We have death by Lag! 5 times in a row!

so this time my stuff is in Hammersly's storage room. which is bad, considering it's proximity to spawn. anyone at spawn please make a visit to hammersly and pick up my stuff.

Stupid time travelling skeletons...

Edit: Found Raven's landing. Stuff back. Lag is still a bitch.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Hardcore spawn means you spawn somewhere random every time right?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Hail to NazziHunter! Champion of Spawning!
All the same Zombie!
Show
In other news, 4 stacks of vine traps sent your way, Ryo.