I now despair (even more) for the future of humanity...

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Elensaar

I now despair (even more) for the future of humanity...

Post by Elensaar »

I stumbled into the 1.8 discussion forum over on MCF. You know, to see how the community at large was reacting to the changes, see if anyone had discovered cool seeds and the like.

Now my brain hurts.

I've never really been too active on MCF, other than to keep tabs on mods that look interesting. I now understand what kinds of hell FC must have gone through when BTW took off. You poor guy. I don't know if I'll ever take up modding if that is the crowd I'll end up releasing them to...

After all, humanity needs to get off this rock sooner rather than later. And if that's the standard for the future generations, I'm afraid the next cosmic pebble to hit us will wipe us out while we fight over if AwesomeFutureCraft 3 was meant for PvP or not, and if the creators should have added the CyberAddiction mechanic or no... :(
Lots of planets have a north...!
PuppetRebel

Re: I now despair (even more) for the future of humanity...

Post by PuppetRebel »

I tried it too. Never...again...
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Randomly chosen poster wrote:I got a picture of Minecraft having a black screen because of the grahpics bug above.
I'm just glad I'm an evil bastard who is of the belief that, thankfully, those people will not be contributing to humanity's future.

EDIT: As I go through the last few pages, might quote a few more of the more entertaining examples.
1st guy/gal/it wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, but when i try to play note blocks, they break because of the instant-break.
2nd....'it'. I've settled on 'it'. wrote:am i allowed to play this? :)
3rd 'it' wrote:Bug: In survival mode you can change day to night by pressing F6\F7.
4th 'it'. Well technically, it's an earlier 'it', but I strated at the end of the thread, so...meh. wrote:Hello,is there a way to increae heigt,by 500+ blocks,And a way to convert old 1.7.3 server worlds,
I think I've sated my need for including additional evidence for my beliefs. Thankfully these people will never be able to figure out reproduction.
Last edited by Stormweaver on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Everyone knows idiotic posts don't come from humans. :) I despair for the future of "it" though.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

The only sections I check there now are the mods section. Every so often you find small gems.

Like the guy who made a mod that adds throw able rocks. Or the wasteland mod.
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I am afraid for our future too.

Very afraid. Can you imagine these people in government? (actually, they might be better...)
IGN: Camerinthus
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Camerinthus wrote:I am afraid for our future too.

Very afraid. Can you imagine these people in government? (actually, they might be better...)
the American government i assume you mean...instead of arguing Republican of Democrat, they would argue 360 or PS3 (i dont see it getting better, more of a lateral movement in my eyes)
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

Yes, sorry, American.

Will 360 vs. PS3 be the debate of the century? Only time will tell...
IGN: Camerinthus
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Australian parliament is just as bad. Except that our politicians are obsessed with using aussie slang and trying to appear 'normal'. They always repeat the same stupid catch phrases over and over, and some of them even run around in bright red budgie smugglers while carrying a surfboard.

Hell I think they even put on a thicker than normal accent so that they seem more rural (and I'm 3rd generation white australian, so the fact that I can even hear the accent says something).
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

I wouldn't mind idiots in governments. That would just mean that we could have peaceful coups by putting the fate of a country on a game of Call of Duty.

"Mr. President, there have been serious threat from Iran towards neighboring countries. Should we intervene?"
"I'm not sure... does the Iranian Prime Minister have any classes with FAMAS?"
"Why sir?"
"Because if he wins, we can't do nothin'. But if he loses, that means we nuke them all to hell!"

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Urian

Post by Urian »

"It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!"
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Stormweaver wrote:
I'm just glad I'm an evil bastard who is of the belief that, thankfully, those people will not be contributing to humanity's future.
And this is where you are mistaken. Our society (by now that of almost all cultures) is build around idiots reproducing like rabbits and smart people having the least children. So yes, we are all pretty much doomed :).
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

KWilt wrote:I wouldn't mind idiots in governments. That would just mean that we could have peaceful coups by putting the fate of a country on a game of Call of Duty.

"Mr. President, there have been serious threat from Iran towards neighboring countries. Should we intervene?"
"I'm not sure... does the Iranian Prime Minister have any classes with FAMAS?"
"Why sir?"
"Because if he wins, we can't do nothin'. But if he loses, that means we nuke them all to hell!"
Granted that would be kind of funny seeing the us military using only desert eagles and famas with grenade launchers.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Haidaes wrote:And this is where you are mistaken. Our society (by now that of almost all cultures) is build around idiots reproducing like rabbits and smart people having the least children. So yes, we are all pretty much doomed :).
And this is why I sometimes think that a technocracy would be the best solution...
Lots of planets have a north...!
screally

Post by screally »

Less politics, more idiot quotes!
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Haidaes wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:
And this is where you are mistaken. Our society (by now that of almost all cultures) is build around idiots reproducing like rabbits and smart people having the least children. So yes, we are all pretty much doomed :).
Of course, a lot of these idiots just get abortions so they don't have to deal with the burden of parenthood, so there may still be hope...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Of course, a lot of these idiots just get abortions so they don't have to deal with the burden of parenthood, so there may still be hope...
This is why I'm pro-choice tbh.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.