Anyone else have sword of the stars?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Brethern

Anyone else have sword of the stars?

Post by Brethern »

I'm trying to find a few people who would like to play multiplayer, I love sword of the stars but it does get lonely and repetitive playing by yourself. Not much else I can say if you have it you know what it is. If not it's on steam and youtube has plenty of vids.
screally

Re: Anyone else have sword of the stars?

Post by screally »

heh this looks quite interesting, and quite cheap as well (£5 at game). Might give it a go.

Doesn't it get a bit repetitive though?
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

screally wrote:heh this looks quite interesting, and quite cheap as well (£5 at game). Might give it a go.

Doesn't it get a bit repetitive though?
What's the best way to explain it.

If you're familiar with civilizations then it's allot like it, however there are a few differences you don't micro each planet like you would in civ ex having it develop for food, culture production science it's mostly colonize build trade ships move on. The first hundred turns are usually tedious but after that things speed up. Combat quite a bit raiding planets random encounters.

If you're willing to play minecraft it's not something you're going to mind.
MarshalKylen

Post by MarshalKylen »

I'm a big Sword of the Stars fan myself, been playing since Born of Blood. I mostly play singleplayer but I'm up for some multiplayer too. Do you have the expansions as well, Brethern?

For those who haven't played it, its a 4x Turn based game with real time combat, aka Total War in space. You can design custom ships and the tech tree is amazing. The game is also pretty good about minimizing micro. You can pick up the ultimate collection (2.5 expansion packs) for pretty cheap nowadays.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

MarshalKylen wrote:I'm a big Sword of the Stars fan myself, been playing since Born of Blood. I mostly play singleplayer but I'm up for some multiplayer too. Do you have the expansions as well, Brethern?

For those who haven't played it, its a 4x Turn based game with real time combat, aka Total War in space. You can design custom ships and the tech tree is amazing. The game is also pretty good about minimizing micro. You can pick up the ultimate collection (2.5 expansion packs) for pretty cheap nowadays.
I have all the expansions, but I only have murder of crows and born of blood installed. I'm probably going to install argos once I get done with my current game.