Let's Play with Flowerchild

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Kazuya Mishima

Re: Let's Play with Flowerchild

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

So I watched the video 8 and I noticed Icy gets attacked a lot in this one by wolves. He manages to throw food down but as with all things minecraft when an item is introduced into the world there is a short period where where nothing can really pick it up. By the time the food can be interfaced with the wolf has pushed him back and leaving the food in it's wake making satiating wolves more then simply a matter of throw food at them. Can you right click a wolf and hold food rather than throw food onto the ground ?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, you've got to time it right and have some space between you and the wolf. If he's basically charging right by it to get to you, it gets ignored, and I personally feel this is the way it should be.

It's not a magic bullet to get you out of combat with them. However, if you're up a tree or something, then it's a highly effective way to get them to back off.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Episode 8 was pure awesome to listen to. I love long videos! It'd be nice if you guys found each other, but it's very interesting and insightful to listen to even without.

RE: Wolves: It's better to spot them before they spot you. I tend to toss some meat out in front of me, then creep closer until they run into it. The item delay thing might feel a little unfair, but it shouldn't come as a complete surprise considering the same mechanic applies to all other animal-feeding mechanics in BTW.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

After watching the first 9 episodes I must say this is one of the most engaging and entertaining lets plays I have ever seen.

Just the fact that I'm watching a designer play his own game is amusing to me and I hope this lets play continues. :)
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Why did the LP stop? *sad face*