Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Bevanz

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.84]

Post by Bevanz »

Rob wrote:
Bevanz wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Terrene Roamsedge

Also PK, you should update the renderer so mod blocks are displayed

Even not being able to see every block, that looks extremely impressive. Great Job Bev.
Thanks!

Sorry you lost your stuff man, I understand what it's like there lol
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Step One, Done!
Spoiler
Show
The outline of my Complex is completed. And those older gamers who enjoyed Goldeneye 64 should recognize the floor plan. :D

The fun part begins later, when I try to not make the floor plan look like a massive eyesore. My goal is to make it into a functioning town, with the pathways being created by the town layout, walking on rooftops and such to form the second story. It will effectively become my new base when I get all the machinery and such put in.

This will unfortunately have to wait two weeks while I am on vacation. I won't be online at all during that time.

EDIT: PK, I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but I'm getting a "Failed to verify Username!" login error.
EDIT2: No longer an issue. I can log in now.
EDIT3: Ryo, I've finally(about time! :P) finished collecting the items you requested for our deal. I am now paid in full, enjoy your spoils. :D
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Rob wrote: EDIT3: Ryo, I've finally(about time! :P) finished collecting the items you requested for our deal. I am now paid in full, enjoy your spoils. :D
You know Rob, I wasn't worried about whether or not i got the items, but you continuing to do collect them until you were paid in full shows a real sense of character, so props to you man:) It's people like you who make this world a better place and im glad we have people like you here on the server making it a better community :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Rob

Post by Rob »

ryoloth wrote:know Rob, I wasn't worried about whether or not i got the items, but you continuing to do collect them until you were paid in full shows a real sense of character, so props to you man:) It's people like you who make this world a better place and im glad we have people like you here on the server making it a better community :)
Awe shucks. You're making me blush. lol

I put the stuff in your storage room that I've yet to finish.. >.>
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Rob wrote:
Awe shucks. You're making me blush. lol

I put the stuff in your storage room that I've yet to finish.. >.>
Lol dont worry about the storage room, i have some plans for it now :)

Also PK, don't worry about rollingback the city any further. ill manually rebuild the forge in a new fashion that will better suit my needs :) thanks for sending it back to where you did :)
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Rob wrote:Step One, Done!
Spoiler
Show
The outline of my Complex is completed. And those older gamers who enjoyed Goldeneye 64 should recognize the floor plan. :D

The fun part begins later, when I try to not make the floor plan look like a massive eyesore. My goal is to make it into a functioning town, with the pathways being created by the town layout, walking on rooftops and such to form the second story. It will effectively become my new base when I get all the machinery and such put in.

Looks amazing dude!
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Bev! I just hope I can bring the ideas in ny head to the project, and not make it look terrible. lol
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

:D the forge area is now clear of all BS and ready to be rebuilt. on a separate note, what would one call a place that works with clay turning it into pottery? would it be the potters shop?
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

ryoloth wrote:on a separate note, what would one call a place that works with clay turning it into pottery?
I have wondered that myself a few times, and tbh I have no idea... I can't find what it is on google either lol.

I think pottery shop or something would be most appropriate.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Bevanz wrote:
ryoloth wrote:on a separate note, what would one call a place that works with clay turning it into pottery?
I have wondered that myself a few times, and tbh I have no idea... I can't find what it is on google either lol.

I think pottery shop or something would be most appropriate.
Until told otherwise i think the pottery shop will be its name :)
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Oh, thank you Wikipedia:
Pottery is the ceramic material which makes up potterywares,[1] of which major types include earthenware, stoneware and porcelain. The place where such wares are made is also called a pottery (plural "potteries"). Pottery also refers to the art or craft of the potter or the manufacture of pottery.
So I guess it is just a pottery
Rob

Post by Rob »

At work right now, being extremely unproductive.. lol

So, I've been trying to plan out what buildings/market shops I need to accommodate for my build.
I plan on a large stable/barn.
large wheat hemp carrot and potato farms. more for aesthetics.
a smithy.
a pottery(thanks bev and ryo for the name.)
an alchemy shop.
a back alley black market area for the nether portal and nether rack grinder
lumber mill
kiln
steel mill
Bakery
Tanner
a butcher shop
a screw pump house leading to an aquaduct system.
a sewer system underground to also transport water and mechanical power.

Im drawing a blank, what else could I create, any suggestions?

Edit: Also, what texture pack are the majority of us using? Sphax?
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Rob wrote:At work right now, being extremely unproductive.. lol

So, I've been trying to plan out what buildings/market shops I need to accommodate for my build.
I plan on a large stable/barn.
large wheat hemp carrot and potato farms. more for aesthetics.
a smithy.
a pottery(thanks bev and ryo for the name.)
an alchemy shop.
a back alley black market area for the nether portal and nether rack grinder
lumber mill
kiln
steel mill
Bakery
Tanner
a butcher shop
a screw pump house leading to an aquaduct system.
a sewer system underground to also transport water and mechanical power.

Im drawing a blank, what else could I create, any suggestions?

Edit: Also, what texture pack are the majority of us using? Sphax?
I use default textures :O

Your plans sound good... It looks like you've hit all the bases to me, except maybe a library for your enchanter
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Im using the faithful TP here on the forums, and thank you bev for the info :)
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

ryoloth wrote:Im using the faithful TP here on the forums, and thank you bev for the info :)
Is that a good TP? I've never really bothered with texture packs.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Im using panda's pandoku tp, i would like to anounce that my home now has a name.

You are all welcome to Gaufres at any time, even though there is nothing to see in it right now. I will post the banner as soon as i have a good enough to post.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Bevanz wrote:
ryoloth wrote:Im using the faithful TP here on the forums, and thank you bev for the info :)
Is that a good TP? I've never really bothered with texture packs.
Yes, i love this TP its like normal default just looks smoother.

To any who care, Sentarshedeen now has a beautiful functioning forge and tanning station again :) I am beginning on the pottery shop as soon as i hit submit on this post :)

EDIT: she's done ^_^ you know, its pretty nice finally being able to breathe a sigh of relief that my forge is fixed :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ryoloth wrote: To any who care, Sentarshedeen now has a beautiful functioning forge and tanning station again :) I am beginning on the pottery shop as soon as i hit submit on this post :)

EDIT: she's done ^_^ you know, its pretty nice finally being able to breathe a sigh of relief that my forge is fixed :)
Gratz on fixing your place ryo. It sucks that you had to do everything twice. I'll. be sure to use it while Im still getting my place up and running.
Jakusio

Post by Jakusio »

IGN: Jakusio
Experience with BTW: I've known about BTW for less than a year (at most, 8 or 9 months), but I think I've become pretty familiar with most of the items/blocks and what they do, as well as the hardcore modes and everything else. Plus, I've only blown myself up during alchemy once. :D
One more thing; there will be two players called Tunak23 ande IndianSwag97 (IGN's) applying for whitelist at some point (probably tomorrow). They are completely new to BTW, but we will all be working together and I'll be sure to watch over them, teach them the basics (and everything else), and make sure they don't break any rules.
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

Hi!

I would like to apply for whitelisting please.

IGN: pfc_calico
Experience of BTW: played since 3.26 although was always too much of a perfectionist to actually get to steel age.
Other Info: consider myself approachable and friendly. very creative when building things from scratch.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Woo my Job search is done and I can actually reliably get on the server now! Sorry for being absent and I'll be getting on in a couple hours orso. :D
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Hey PK I wanted to ask if it was ok with you if I rebuilt the Tavern in New Gringo Town?
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Rob

Post by Rob »

Looking good Bev! Does the pyramid serve a function for your base, or just aesthetic?
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Rob wrote:Looking good Bev! Does the pyramid serve a function for your base, or just aesthetic?
It has our shared-chest beacon on it. Other than that just aesthetic.

night shot:
Spoiler
Show