This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
The Lord of Brick

Post by The Lord of Brick »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry 'bout that. Skydaz (A MC mod installers website) is taking forever to update the BTW installer to BTW v4.80 (Currently on v4.71) and I'm to pathetic/lazy to install the mod myself. Or more accurately I can never get it to work when I do attempt to install it.

I feel much better now...
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who gonna save your lives and those of six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Miss_Kat

Re: ...

Post by Miss_Kat »

... A third party making an installer for BTW seems.. sketchy, to me.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Welp, you might want to change the thread title before this gets locked ;p
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Just found the installer you're referring to and as it does not require a download of the mod code from the one legal source, it is very much in violation of the copyright. Installers are fine if they do not include redistributed code but this one appears to do everything but ModLoader.

Additionally, if you can install ModLoader, you can install BTW considering it's the exact same drag and drop into the jar.
Better is the enemy of Good
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Installing Minecraft mods is kind of tricky.

Here's an installation guide, if you want to try it yourself.

Installing the latest version of Better Than Wolves for Minecraft 1.5.1:
  1. Download and install 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/.
  2. Download the latest version of Better Than Wolves from this thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/253 ... olves-mod/
  3. Go to your ".minecraft" folder. You can get there by opening "My Documents" and typing "%appdata%" in the address bar and pressing the "enter" key. Then double click the ".minecraft" folder.
  4. From the ".minecraft" folder, open the "bin" folder.
  5. Delete the "minecraft.jar" file
  6. Download Minecraft 1.5.1 from http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_1/minecraft.jar and install it into your "bin" folder.
  7. Right-click "minecraft.jar" and choose "open archive" from the "7-zip" menu.
  8. Find the "META-INF" folder and delete it.
  9. Download modloader from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20629262/1.5.1/Modloader.zip
  10. Right click the modloader zip and choose "open archive" from the "7-zip" menu"
  11. Drag everything from the modloader archive to the minecraft.jar archive.
  12. Click on the minecraft.jar archive window and click "yes" when it asks you.
  13. Right click the Better Than Wolves zip and choose "open archive" from the "7-zip" menu.
  14. Double click the "MINECRAFT-JAR" folder.
  15. Drag everything from this folder into the "minecraft.jar" archive.
  16. Click on the "minecraft.jar" archive window and click "yes" when it asks you.
  17. Close all the 7-Zip archive windows and Launch Minecraft.
Additionally, you may want to change the title of this thread to something more descriptive of the topic at hand.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

OP is on a one way trip to ban street. I think he just hit the trifecta.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually...why do I hesitate? I dunno. Must be feeling slightly sluggish.