Weird Textures

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
snarfi

Weird Textures

Post by snarfi »

Hey guys, this is my first post so i don't know if it belongs here or somewhere else, excuse me if i'm wrong

I recently saw this mod and decided to install it because it looks great, but now i have it installed, and the placed block textures are all messed up, so my question is, does anybody have a solution

a screenshot
Spoiler
Show
I have these mods installed: Modloader 1.7.3 , Audiomod 1.7.3,Minecraft Forge , Airships and Skypirates 1.7.3, Buildcraft 1.7.3.4, Too Many Items, Better Then Wolves, Recipe book, INV Tweaks and Equivalent Exchange.

I Have tried several texture packs, the default, my own and one recommended on the wiki
gftweek

Re: Weird Textures

Post by gftweek »

Sorry if this sounds grouchy, but what you are doing wrong is not searching the forums. This installation error has already been reported several times. Take a look at that link for solutions, or check out viewtopic.php?f=9&t=925&hilit=texture, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=858&hilit=texture or viewtopic.php?f=9&t=890&hilit=texture.
snarfi

Post by snarfi »

@gftweek

you are totally right, after doing some digging, i found out that Optifine whas the culprit, sorry about that, either way, thanks for helping out
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

The developer of Optifine sp614x is trying to make it compatible with Forge, but is having trouble due to the number of objects they change in conflicting ways, and the 1.8 release might stymie his development of a 1.7.3 Forge compatible version, so just have to wait for now.